- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 395710, 5 pages
Picard Successive Approximation Method for Solving Differential Equations Arising in Fractal Heat Transfer with Local Fractional Derivative
1College of Science, Hebei United University, Tangshan, China
2College of Mechanical Engineering, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao, China
3School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Chongqing Jiaotong University, Chongqing 400074, China
4Faculty of Basic Sciences, Department of Mathematics, Ayatollah Amoli Branch, Islamic Azad University, Amol 4615143358, Iran
5Department of Mathematics, University of Salerno, Via Ponte don Melillo, Fisciano, 84084 Salerno, Italy
6Qinggong College, Hebei United University, Tangshan 063000, China
Received 12 December 2013; Accepted 1 January 2014; Published 11 February 2014
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2014 Ai-Min Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Crank and P. Nicolson, “A practical method for numerical evaluation of solutions of partial differential equations of the heat-conduction type,” Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 43, pp. 50–67, 1947.
- T. M. Shih, “A literature survey on numerical heat transfer,” Numerical Heat Transfer, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 369–420, 1982.
- B. C. Choi and S. W. Churchill, “A technique for obtaining approximate solutions for a class of integral equations arising in radiative heat transfer,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 42–48, 1985.
- Y. Z. Povstenko, “Fractional heat conduction equation and associated thermal stress,” Journal of Thermal Stresses, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 83–102, 2004.
- M. Dehghan, “The one-dimensional heat equation subject to a boundary integral specification,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 661–675, 2007.
- Y. Ioannou, M. M. Fyrillas, and C. Doumanidis, “Approximate solution to Fredholm integral equations using linear regression and applications to heat and mass transfer,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 1278–1283, 2012.
- S. Nadeem and N. S. Akbar, “Effects of heat transfer on the peristaltic transport of MHD Newtonian fluid with variable viscosity: application of adomian decomposition method,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 3844–3855, 2009.
- A.-M. Wazwaz and M. S. Mehanna, “The combined Laplace-Adomian method for handling singular integral equation of heat transfer,” International Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 248–252, 2010.
- S. Abbasbandy, “The application of homotopy analysis method to nonlinear equations arising in heat transfer,” Physics Letters A, vol. 360, no. 1, pp. 109–113, 2006.
- B. Raftari and K. Vajravelu, “Homotopy analysis method for MHD viscoelastic fluid flow and heat transfer in a channel with a stretching wall,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 4149–4162, 2012.
- A. A. Joneidi, D. D. Ganji, and M. Babaelahi, “Differential transformation method to determine fin efficiency of convective straight fins with temperature dependent thermal conductivity,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 757–762, 2009.
- C. Cattani and E. Laserra, “Spline-wavelets techniques for heat propagation,” Journal of Information & Optimization Sciences, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 485–496, 2003.
- N. Simões, A. Tadeu, J. António, and W. Mansur, “Transient heat conduction under nonzero initial conditions: a solution using the boundary element method in the frequency domain,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 562–567, 2012.
- J. Hristov, “Approximate solutions to fractional sub-diffusion equations: the heat-balance integral method,” The European Physical Journal, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 229–243, 2011.
- J. Hristov, “Heat-balance integral to fractional (half-time) heat diffusion sub-model,” Thermal Science, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 291–316, 2010.
- D. D. Ganji and H. Sajjadi, “New analytical solution for natural convection of Darcian fluid in porous media prescribed surface heat flux,” Thermal Science, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 221–227, 2011.
- X. J. Yang and D. Baleanu, “Fractal heat conduction problem solved by local fractional variation iteration method,” Thermal Science, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 625–628, 2013.
- X.-J. Yang, “Picard’s approximation method for solving a class of local fractional Volterra integral equations,” Advances in Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 67–70, 2012.
- R. R. Nigmatullin, “The realization of the generalized transfer equation in a medium with fractal geometry,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 133, no. 1, pp. 425–430, 1986.
- K. Davey and R. Prosser, “Analytical solutions for heat transfer on fractal and pre-fractal domains,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 37, no. 1-2, pp. 554–569, 2013.
- X. J. Yang, Advanced Local Fractional Calculus and Its Applications, World Science, New York, NY, USA, 2012.
- Y. Z. Zhang, A. M. Yang, and X.-J. Yang, “1-D heat conduction in a fractal medium: a solution by the local fractional Fourier series method,” Thermal Science, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 953–956, 2013.
- M.-S. Hu, D. Baleanu, and X.-J. Yang, “One-phase problems for discontinuous heat transfer in fractal media,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 358473, 3 pages, 2013.
- X. J. Yang, Local Fractional Functional Analysis and Its Applications, Asian Academic, Hong Kong, 2011.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “On bandlimitedness and lag-limitedness of fractional Gaussian noise,” Physica A, vol. 392, no. 9, pp. 1955–1961, 2013.
- M. Li, “Approximating ideal filters by systems of fractional order,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 365054, 6 pages, 2012.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “On noise,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 673648, 23 pages, 2012.
- M. H. Heydari, M. R. Hooshmandasl, F. M. Maalek Ghaini, and M. Li, “Chebyshev wavelets method for solution of nonlinear fractional integro-differential equations in a large interval,” Advances in Mathematical Physics, vol. 2013, Article ID 482083, 12 pages, 2013.
- S. S. Ray and R. K. Bera, “Analytical solution of a fractional diffusion equation by Adomian decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 174, no. 1, pp. 329–336, 2006.
- Q. Wang, “Numerical solutions for fractional KdV-Burgers equation by Adomian decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 182, no. 2, pp. 1048–1055, 2006.