- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 424610, 6 pages
An SIRS Model for Assessing Impact of Media Coverage
School of Science, Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Beijing 100044, China
Received 15 November 2013; Accepted 9 January 2014; Published 25 February 2014
Academic Editor: Weiming Wang
Copyright © 2014 Jing’an Cui and Zhanmin Wu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. J. Etuk and E. I. Ekanem, “Impact of mass media campaigns on the knowledge and attitudes of pregnant Nigerian woman towards HIV/AIDS,” Tropical Doctor, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 101–102, 2005.
- M. S. Rahman and M. L. Rahman, “Media and education play a tremendous role in mounting AIDS awareness among married couples in Banladesh,” AIDS Research and Therapy, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2007.
- C. Sun, W. Yang, J. Arino, and K. Khan, “Effect of media-induced social distancing on disease transmission in a two patch setting,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 230, no. 2, pp. 87–95, 2011.
- S. Funk, E. Gilad, and V. A. A. Jansen, “Endemic disease, awareness, and local behavioural response,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 264, no. 2, pp. 501–509, 2010.
- J. A. Cui, Y. H. Sun, and H. P. Zhu, “The impact of media on the control of infectious diseases,” Journal of Dynamics and Differential Equations, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 31–53, 2008.
- Y. P. Liu and J.-A. Cui, “The impact of media coverage on the dynamics of infectious disease,” International Journal of Biomathematics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 65–74, 2008.
- N. Ferguson, “Capturing human behaviour,” Nature, vol. 446, no. 7137, article 733, 2007.
- J.-A. Cui, X. Tao, and H. P. Zhu, “An SIS infection model incorporating media coverage,” The Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 1323–1334, 2008.
- P. van den Driessche and J. Watmough, “Reproduction numbers and sub-threshold endemic equilibria for compartmental models of disease transmission,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 180, pp. 29–48, 2002.
- R. A. Smith, “Some applications of Hausdorff dimension inequalities for ordinary differential equations,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A, vol. 104, no. 3-4, pp. 235–259, 1986.
- M. Y. Li and J. S. Muldowney, “A geometric approach to global-stability problems,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 1070–1083, 1996.
- M. Fan, M. Y. Li, and K. Wang, “Global stability of an SEIS epidemic model with recruitment and a varying total population size,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 170, no. 2, pp. 199–208, 2001.
- G. Butler and P. Waltman, “Persistence in dynamical systems,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 255–263, 1986.
- H. I. Freedman, S. G. Ruan, and M. X. Tang, “Uniform persistence and flows near a closed positively invariant set,” Journal of Dynamics and Differential Equations, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 583–600, 1994.
- R. H. Martin Jr., “Logarithmic norms and projections applied to linear differential systems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 45, pp. 432–454, 1974.