- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 490450, 6 pages
Periodic Points of Weaker Meir-Keeler Contractive Mappings on Generalized Quasimetric Spaces
1Department of Mathematics, National Kaohsiung Normal University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
2Department of Applied Mathematics, National Hsinchu University of Education, Taiwan
3Department of Mathematics, Atilim University, Incek, 06836 Ankara, Turkey
4Nonlinear Analysis and Applied Mathematics Research Group (NAAM), King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Received 15 May 2014; Accepted 6 June 2014; Published 3 July 2014
Academic Editor: Jen-Chih Yao
Copyright © 2014 Ing-Jer Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Branciari, “A fixed point theorem of Banach-Caccioppoli type on a class of generalized metric spaces,” Publicationes Mathematicae Debrecen, vol. 57, no. 1-2, pp. 31–37, 2000.
- E. Karapınar, “Discussion on - contractions on generalized metric spaces,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2014, Article ID 962784, 7 pages, 2014.
- B. Samet, C. Vetro, and P. Vetro, “Fixed point theorems for α-ψ-contractive type mappings,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 2154–2165, 2012.
- E. Karapınar, P. Kumam, and P. Salimi, “On --Meir-Keeler contractive mappings,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2013, article 94, 2013.
- A. Azam and M. Arshad, “Kannan fixed point theorem on generalized metric spaces,” Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Its Applications, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 45–48, 2008.
- M. A. Alghamdi, C.-M. Chen, and E. Karapınar, “The generalized weaker (--)-contractive mappings and related fixed point results in complete generalized metric spaces,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2014, Article ID 985080, 10 pages, 2014.
- P. Das, “A fixed point theorem on a class of generalized metric spaces,” Korean Journal of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 9, pp. 29–33, 2002.
- I. M. Erhan, E. Karapınar, and T. Sekulic, “Fixed points of contractions on rectangular metric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2012, article 138, 2012.
- D. Miheţ, “On Kannan fixed point principle in generalized metric spaces,” Journal of Nonlinear Science and Its Applications, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 92–96, 2009.
- B. Samet, “A fixed point theorem in a generalized metric space for mappings satisfying a contractive condition of integral type,” International Journal of Mathematical Analysis, vol. 3, no. 25–28, pp. 1265–1271, 2009.
- B. Samet, “Discussion on ‘a fixed point theorem of Banach-Caccioppoli type on a class of generalized metric spaces’,” Publicationes Mathematicae Debrecen, vol. 76, no. 3-4, pp. 493–494, 2010.
- H. Lakzian and B. Samet, “Fixed points for -weakly contractive mappings in generalized metric spaces,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 902–906, 2012.
- M. S. Khan, M. Swaleh, and S. Sessa, “Fixed point theorems by altering distances between the points,” Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 1984.
- A. Meir and E. Keeler, “A theorem on contraction mappings,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 28, pp. 326–329, 1969.
- A. A. Eldred and P. Veeramani, “Existence and convergence of best proximity points,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 323, no. 2, pp. 1001–1006, 2006.
- M. de la Sen, “Linking contractive self-mappings and cyclic Meir-Keeler contractions with Kannan self-mappings,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2010, Article ID 572057, 23 pages, 2010.
- M. Jleli and B. Samet, “The Kannan's fixed point theorem in a cone rectangular metric space,” Journal of Nonlinear Science and Its Applications, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 161–167, 2009.
- W. A. Kirk and N. Shahzad, “Generalized metrics and Caristis theorem,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2013, article 129, 2013.