- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 495126, 11 pages
A Strange Double-Deck Butterfly Chaotic Attractor from a Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor with Smooth Air Gap: Numerical Analysis and Experimental Observation
1Department of Physics and Electronics Science, Binzhou University, Binzhou 256604, China
2Department of Industry Design, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Tianjin 300457, China
3Department of Electrical and Mining Engineering, University of South Africa, Florida 1710, South Africa
4Department of Automation, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Tianjin 300457, China
5Department of Automation, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Received 30 April 2014; Accepted 1 July 2014; Published 17 July 2014
Academic Editor: Roberto Barrio
Copyright © 2014 Zhonglin Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Q. Wei, X. S. Luo, B. H. Wang, and J. Q. Fang, “Robust adaptive dynamic surface control of chaos in permanent magnet synchronous motor,” Physics Letters, Section A: General, Atomic and Solid State Physics, vol. 363, no. 1-2, pp. 71–77, 2007.
- C. Mademlis and V. G. Agelidis, “On considering magnetic saturation with maximum torque to current control in interior permanent magnet synchronous motor drives,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 246–252, 2001.
- T. D. Batzel and K. Y. Lee, “Electric propulsion with sensorless permanent magnet synchronous motor: implementation and performance,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 575–583, 2005.
- L. Jolly, M. A. Jabbar, and L. Qinghua, “Optimization of the constant power speed range of a saturated permanent-magnet synchronous motor,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 1024–1030, 2006.
- J. H. Lee, Y. J. Jang, and J. P. Hong, “Characteristic analysis of permanent magnet-assisted synchronous reluctance motor for high power application,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 97, no. 10, Article ID 10Q503, 2005.
- X. Zhang, X. Wang, J. Du, and R. Tang, “Amelioration of coreless permanent-magnet disk synchronous motor based on FEM: motor with wedge airgap,” Journal of Iron and Steel Research International, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 427–432, 2006.
- L. Qi, X. Wang, J. Du, F. ZHAO, and R. TANG, “Magnetic field analysis of disk coreless permanent magnet synchronous motor based on thickness variation Halbach array,” Journal of Iron and Steel Research International, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 439–443, 2006.
- S. Chi, Z. Zhang, and L. Xu, “Sliding-mode sensorless control of direct-drive PM synchronous motors for washing machine applications,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 582–590, 2009.
- N. Park, M. Jang, J. Lee, K. Hong, and J. Kim, “Performance improvement of a PMSM sensorless control algorithm using a stator resistance error compensator in the low speed region,” Journal of Power Electronics, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 485–490, 2010.
- S. Chakraborty, E. Keller, A. Ray, and J. Mayer, “Detection and estimation of demagnetization faults in permanent magnet synchronous motors,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 96, pp. 225–236, 2013.
- Z. Li, J. B. Park, Y. H. Joo, B. Zhang, and G. Chen, “Bifurcations and chaos in a permanent-magnet synchronous motor,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Fundamental Theory and Applications, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 383–387, 2002.
- M. Zribi, A. Oteafy, and N. Smaoui, “Controlling chaos in the permanent magnet synchronous motor,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 1266–1276, 2009.
- W. Xue, Y. L. Guo, and Z. Q. Chen, “Analysis of chaos and circuit implementation of a permanent magnet synchronous motor,” Acta Physica Sinica, vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 8146–8151, 2009.
- Z. J. Jing, C. Yu, and G. R. Chen, “Complex dynamics in a permanent-magnet synchronous motor model,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 831–848, 2004.
- H. H. Choi, “Adaptive control of a chaotic permanent magnet synchronous motor,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 1311–1322, 2012.
- D. Wei, B. Zhang, and X. Luo, “Adaptive synchronization of chaos in permanent magnet synchronous motors based on passivity theory,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 21, no. 3, Article ID 030504, 2012.
- M. Ataei, A. Kiyoumarsi, and B. Ghorbani, “Control of chaos in permanent magnet synchronous motor by using optimal Lyapunov exponents placement,” Physics Letters, Section A: General, Atomic and Solid State Physics, vol. 374, no. 41, pp. 4226–4230, 2010.
- K. Mischaikow and M. Mrozek, “Chaos in the Lorenz equations: a computer assisted proof. Part II: details,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 67, no. 223, pp. 1023–1046, 1998.
- K. Mischaikow, M. Mrozek, and A. Szymczak, “Chaos in the Lorenz equations: a computer assisted proof Part III: classical parameter values,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 169, no. 1, pp. 17–56, 2001.
- M. Bask and R. Gençay, “Testing chaotic dynamics via Lyapunov exponents,” Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, vol. 114, no. 1-2, pp. 1–2, 1998.
- A. Algaba, F. Fernández-Sánchez, M. Merino, and A. J. Rodríguez-Luis, “Centers on center manifolds in the Lorenz, Chen and Lü systems,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 772–775, 2014.
- S. Cang, G. Qi, and Z. Chen, “A four-wing hyper-chaotic attractor and transient chaos generated from a new 4-D quadratic autonomous system,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 515–527, 2010.
- Z. H. Wang, G. Qi, Y. Sun, B. J. van Wyk, and M. A. van Wyk, “A new type of four-wing chaotic attractors in 3-D quadratic autonomous systems,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 443–457, 2010.
- S. Cang, Z. Chen, and Z. Yuan, “Analysis and circuit implementation of a new four-dimensional non-autonomous hyper-chaotic system,” Acta Physica Sinica, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 1493–1501, 2008.
- L. Liu, C. Liu, and Y. Zhang, “Theoretical analysis and circuit implementation of a novel complicated hyperchaotic system,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 707–715, 2011.