- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 594931, 9 pages
On Types of Solutions of the Second Order Nonlinear Boundary Value Problems
1Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, Rainis Boulevard 29, Riga LV-1459, Latvia
2Daugavpils University, Parades Street 1, Daugavpils LV-5400, Latvia
Received 28 April 2014; Accepted 20 June 2014; Published 12 August 2014
Academic Editor: Tongxing Li
Copyright © 2014 Maria Dobkevich et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. R. Bernfeld and V. Lakshmikantham, An Introduction to Nonlinear Boundary Value Problems, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- Yu. A. Klokov and N. I. Vasilyev, Foundations of the Theory of Nonlinear Boundary Value Problems, Zinatne, Riga, Latvia, 1978 (Russian).
- I. T. Kiguradze, Singular Boundary Value Problems for Ordinary Differential Equations, Tbilissi St. Univ. Press, Tbilissi, Georgia, 1975, (Russian).
- R. P. Agarwal and D. O'Regan, An Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations, Universitext, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- W. G. Kelley and A. C. Peterson, The Theory of Differential Equations: Classical and Qualitative, Pearson Education, New Jersey, NJ, USA, 2004.
- P. Amster, Topological Methods in the St udy of Boundary Value Problems, Springer, 2014.
- L. H. Erbe, “A uniqueness theorem for second order differential equations,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 92–96, 1969.
- C. de Coster and P. Habets, Two-Point Boundary Value Problems: Lower and Upper Solutions, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- L. A. Lepin, “On the concepts of lower and upper functions,” Differential Equations, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 1750–1759, 1980 (Russian).
- L. A. Lepin, “Generalizaded solutions and the solvability of boundary value problems for a second order differential equation,” Differential Equations, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 925–931, 1982 (Russian).
- H. Epheser, “Über die existenz der lösungen von randwertaufgaben mit gewöhnlichen, nichtlinearen differentialgleichungen zweiter ordnung,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 61, pp. 435–454, 1955.
- F. Sadyrbaev, “Ljapunov functions and the solvability of the first boundary value problem for an ordinary second-order differential equation,” Differentsial'nye Uravneniya, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 629–634, 1980 (Russian).
- H. W. Knobloch, “Comparison theorems for nonlinear second order differential equations,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 1, pp. 1–26, 1965.
- H. Knobloch, “Second order differential equalities and a nonlinear boundary value problem,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 5, pp. 55–71, 1969.
- L. K. Jackson and K. W. Schrader, “Comparison theorems for nonlinear differential equations,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 3, pp. 248–255, 1967.
- L. H. Erbe, “Nonlinear boundary value problems for second order differential equations,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 7, pp. 459–472, 1970.
- M. Dobkevich, “Non-monotone convergence schemes,” Mathematical Modelling and Analysis, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 589–597, 2012.
- M. Dobkevich and F. Sadyrbaev, “Approximation schemes and types of solutions for the Neumann BVP,” Proceedings of IMCS of University of Latvia, vol. 13, pp. 12–23, 2013.
- R. Conti, “Equazioni differenziali ordinarie quasilineari con condizioni lineari,” Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata, vol. 57, pp. 49–61, 1962.
- I. Yermachenko and F. Sadyrbaev, “Types of solutions and multiplicity results for two-point nonlinear boundary value problems,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 63, pp. e1725–e1735, 2005.
- I. Yermachenko and F. Sadyrbaev, “Quasilinearization and multiple solutions of the Emden-Fowler type equation,” Mathematical Modelling and Analysis, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 41–50, 2005.
- I. Yermachenko and F. Sadyrbaev, “Types of solutions of the second order Neumann problem: multiple solutions,” Proceedings of IMCS of University of Latvia, vol. 4, pp. 5–21, 2004, http://www.lumii.lv/Pages/sbornik1/neumann.pdf.
- I. Yermachenko and F. Sadyrbaev, “Types of solutions and multiplicity results for second order nonlinear boundary value problems. Discrete and continuous dynamical systems,” in Proceedings of AIMS Conference, vol. 2007, pp. 1061–1069, Poitier, France, 2006.
- I. Yermachenko and F. Sadyrbaev, “Quasilinearization technique for -Laplacian type equations,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2012, Article ID 975760, 11 pages, 2012.
- I. Yermachenko, “Two-point boundary value problems at resonance,” Mathematical Modelling and Analysis, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 247–257, 2009.
- N. Sveikate and F. Sadyrbaev, “Quasilinearization for resonant boundary value problems with mixed boundary conditions,” Nonlinear Oscillations, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 112–126, 2014.
- N. Sveikate, “Resonant problems by quasilinearization,” International Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2014, Article ID 564914, 8 pages, 2014.