- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 596384, 8 pages
A Characterization of Completeness via Absolutely Convergent Series and the Weierstrass Test in Asymmetric Normed Semilinear Spaces
1Department of Mathematics, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80203, Jeddah 21859, Saudi Arabia
2Departamento de Ciencias Matemáticas e Informática, Universidad de las Islas Baleares, Carretera de Valldemossa km. 7.5, 07122 Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Received 4 April 2014; Revised 9 June 2014; Accepted 13 June 2014; Published 10 July 2014
Academic Editor: J. J. Font
Copyright © 2014 N. Shahzad and O. Valero. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. J. Duffin and L. A. Karlovitz, “Formulation of linear programs in analysis. I. Approximation theory,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 16, pp. 662–675, 1968.
- M. G. Krein and A. A. Nudelman, The Markov Moment Problem and Extremal Problems, American Mathematical Society, 1977.
- S. Cobzas, Functional Analysis in Asymmetric Normed Spaces, Birkhauser, Basel, Switzerland, 2013.
- C. Alegre, “Continuous operators on asymmetric normed spaces,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, vol. 122, no. 4, pp. 357–372, 2009.
- C. Alegre and I. Ferrando, “Quotient subspaces of asymmetric normed linear spaces,” Boletín de la Sociedad Matemática Mexicana, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 357–365, 2007.
- C. Alegre, I. Ferrando, L. M. García-Raffi, and E. A. Sánchez Pérez, “Compactness in asymmetric normed spaces,” Topology and its Applications, vol. 155, no. 6, pp. 527–539, 2008.
- C. Alegre, J. Ferrer, and V. Gregori, “Quasi-uniform structures in linear lattices,” The Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 877–884, 1993.
- C. Alegre, J. Ferrer, and V. Gregori, “On the Hahn-Banach theorem in certain linear quasi-uniform structures,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 325–330, 1999.
- J. Ferrer, V. Gregori, and C. Alegre, “Quasi-uniform structures in linear lattices,” The Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 877–884, 1993.
- L. M. García-Raffi, “Compactness and finite dimension in asymmetric normed linear spaces,” Topology and its Applications, vol. 153, no. 5-6, pp. 844–853, 2005.
- L. M. García-Raffi and S. Romaguera, “Sequence spaces and asymmetric norms in the theory of computational complexity,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 36, no. 1-2, pp. 1–11, 2002.
- L. M. García-Raffi, S. Romaguera, and E. A. Sánchez-Pérez, “The bicompletion of an asymmetric normed linear space,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, vol. 97, no. 3, pp. 183–191, 2002.
- L. M. García-Raffi and R. Sanchez-Pérez, “The dual space of an asymmetric normed linear space,” Quaestiones Mathematicae. Journal of the South African Mathematical Society, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 83–96, 2003.
- L. M. García-Raffi, S. Romaguera, and E. A. Sánchez-Pérez, “The supremum asymmetric norm on sequence spaces: a general framework to measure complexity distances,” Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 74, pp. 39–50, 2003.
- L. M. García Raffi, S. Romaguera, and E. A. Sánchez Pérez, “Weak topologies on asymmetric normed linear spaces and non-asymptotic criteria in the theory of complexity analysis of algorithms,” Journal of Analysis and Applications, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 125–138, 2004.
- J. Rodríguez-López and S. Romaguera, “Closedness of bounded convex sets of asymmetric normed linear spaces and the Hausdorff quasi-metric,” Bulletin of the Belgian Mathematical Society: Simon Stevin, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 551–562, 2006.
- S. Romaguera, E. A. Sánchez-Pérez, and O. Valero, “A characterization of generalized monotone normed cones,” Acta Mathematica Sinica, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1067–1074, 2007.
- S. Romaguera, E. A. Sánchez Pérez, and O. Valero, “Dominated extensions of functionals and -convex functions on cancellative cones,” Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 87–94, 2003.
- S. Romaguera and M. Sanchis, “Semi-Lipschitz functions and best approximation in quasi-metric spaces,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 292–301, 2000.
- S. Romaguera and M. Schellekens, “Duality and quasi-normability for complexity spaces,” Applied General Topology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 91–112, 2002.
- H. P. A. Künzi, “Nonsymmetric distances and their associated topologies: about the origins of basic ideas in the area of asymmetric topology,” in Handbook of the History of General Topology, C. E. Aull and R. Lowen, Eds., vol. 3, pp. 853–968, Kluwer Academic, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- E. A. Ok, Real Analysis with Economic Applications, Princeton University Press, 2007.
- G. J. O. Jameson, Topology and Normed Spaces, Chapman and Hall, London, UK, 1974.
- J. J. Conradie and M. D. Mabula, “Convergence and left--sequential completeness in asymmetrically normed lattices,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, vol. 139, no. 1-2, pp. 147–159, 2013.
- I. L. Reilly, P. V. Subrahmanyam, and M. K. Vamanamurthy, “Cauchy sequences in quasi-pseudo-metric spaces,” Monatshefte für Mathematik, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 127–140, 1982.
- M. D. Mabula, Compactness in asymmetric normed lattices [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, University of Cape Town, 2012.
- D. H. Griffel, Applied Functional Analysis, Dover, 1985.
- J. L. Kelley, I. Namioka, and W. F. Donoghue Jr., Linear Topological Spaces, D. Van Nostrand, 1963.