- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 598563, 10 pages
Proximal Alternating Direction Method with Relaxed Proximal Parameters for the Least Squares Covariance Adjustment Problem
1School of Mathematics and Physics, Changzhou University, Jiangsu 213164, China
2College of Science, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Jiangsu 210003, China
Received 13 June 2013; Accepted 27 July 2013; Published 21 January 2014
Academic Editor: Abdellah Bnouhachem
Copyright © 2014 Minghua Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Borsdorf and N. J. Higham, “A preconditioned Newton algorithm for the nearest correlation matrix,” IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 94–107, 2010.
- S. Boyd and L. Xiao, “Least-squares covariance matrix adjustment,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 532–546, 2005.
- Y. Gao and D. Sun, “Calibrating least squares semidefinite programming with equality and inequality constraints,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 1432–1457, 2009.
- S. Gravel and V. Elser, “Divide and concur: a general approach to constraint satisfaction,” Physical Review E, vol. 78, Article ID 036706, 2008.
- N. J. Higham, “Computing a nearest symmetric positive semidefinite matrix,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 103, pp. 103–118, 1988.
- N. J. Higham, “Computing the nearest correlation matrix—a problem from finance,” IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 329–343, 2002.
- N. J. Higham, “Matrix nearness problems and applications,” in Applications of Matrix Theory, M. Gover and S. Barnett, Eds., vol. 22, pp. 1–27, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1989.
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2004.
- L. Vandenberghe and S. Boyd, “Semidefinite programming,” SIAM Review, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 49–95, 1996.
- J. F. Sturm, “Using SeDuMi 1.02, a MATLAB toolbox for optimization over symmetric cones,” Optimization Methods and Software, vol. 11/12, no. 1–4, pp. 625–653, 1999.
- R. H. Tütüncü, K. C. Toh, and M. J. Todd, “Solving semidefinite-quadratic-linear programs using SDPT3,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 189–217, 2003.
- J. Malick, “A dual approach to semidefinite least-squares problems,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 272–284, 2004.
- H. Qi and D. Sun, “A quadratically convergent Newton method for computing the nearest correlation matrix,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 360–385, 2006.
- B. He, M. Xu, and X. Yuan, “Solving large-scale least squares semidefinite programming by alternating direction methods,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 136–152, 2011.
- P. M. Pardalos and M. G. C. Resende, Handbook of Applied Optimization, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2002.
- P. M. Pardalos, T. M. Rassias, and A. A. Khan, Nonlinear Analysis and Variational Problems, vol. 35 of Springer Optimization and Its Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010, In honor of George Isac, Edited by Panos M. Pardalos, Themistocles M. Rassias and Akhtar A. Khan.
- H. H. Bauschke and J. M. Borwein, “On projection algorithms for solving convex feasibility problems,” SIAM Review, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 367–426, 1996.
- W. Zhang, D. Han, and Z. Li, “A self-adaptive projection method for solving the multiple-sets split feasibility problem,” Inverse Problems, vol. 25, no. 11, 2009.
- W. Zhang, D. Han, and X. Yuan, “An efficient simultaneous method for the constrained multiple-sets split feasibility problem,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 825–843, 2012.
- R. Glowinski, Numerical Methods for Nonlinear Variational Problems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- R. Glowinski and P. Le Tallec, Augmented Lagrangian and Operator-Splitting Methods in Nonlinear Mechanics, vol. 9 of SIAM Studies in Applied Mathematics, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1989.
- J. Eckstein, “Some saddle-function splitting methods for convex programming,” Optimization Methods and Software, vol. 4, pp. 75–83, 1994.
- J. Eckstein and M. Fukushima, “Some reformulations and applications of the alternating direction method of multipliers,” in Large Scale Optimization: State of the Art, W. W. Hager, D. W. Hearn, and P. M. Pardalos, Eds., pp. 115–134, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1994.
- M. Fukushima, “Application of the alternating direction method of multipliers to separable convex programming problems,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 93–111, 1992.
- B. He and H. Yang, “Some convergence properties of a method of multipliers for linearly constrained monotone variational inequalities,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 23, no. 3-5, pp. 151–161, 1998.
- B. He, L.-Z. Liao, D. Han, and H. Yang, “A new inexact alternating directions method for monotone variational inequalities,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 103–118, 2002.
- M. H. Xu, “Proximal alternating directions method for structured variational inequalities,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 134, no. 1, pp. 107–117, 2007.
- D. Gabay, “Applications of the method of multipliers to variational inequalities,” in Augmented Lagrangian Methods: Applications to the Numerical Solution of Boundary-Value Problems, M. Fortin and R. Glowinski, Eds., pp. 299–331, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1983.
- D. Gabay and B. Mercier, “A dual algorithm for the solution of nonlinear variational problems via finite element approximations,” Computer and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 2, pp. 17–40, 1976.
- O. Güler, “New proximal point algorithms for convex minimization,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 649–664, 1992.
- W. W. Hager and H. Zhang, “Asymptotic convergence analysis of a new class of proximal point methods,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 1683–1704, 2007.
- W. W. Hager and H. Zhang, “Self-adaptive inexact proximal point methods,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 161–181, 2008.
- R. T. Rockafellar, “Monotone operators and the proximal point algorithm,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 877–898, 1976.
- M. Teboulle, “Convergence of proximal-like algorithms,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1069–1083, 1997.
- W. K. Glunt, “An alternating projections method for certain linear problems in a Hilbert space,” IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 291–305, 1995.
- J. Nocedal and S. J. Wright, Numerical Optimization, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- N. Narendra, “A new polynomial time algorithm for linear programming,” Combinatorica, vol. 4, pp. 373–395, 1987.