- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 616989, 7 pages
Monotonicity and the Dominated Farthest Points Problem in Banach Lattice
Faculty of Mathematics, Yazd University, Yazd, Iran
Received 11 October 2013; Revised 18 February 2014; Accepted 20 February 2014; Published 27 March 2014
Academic Editor: Adrian Petrusel
Copyright © 2014 H. R. Khademzadeh and H. Mazaheri. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. V. Balashov and G. E. Ivanov, “On farthest points of sets,” Mathematical Notes, vol. 80, no. 1-2, pp. 159–166, 2006.
- S. Fitzpatrick, “Metric projections and the differentiability of distance functions,” Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 291–312, 1980.
- G. E. Ivanov, “Farthest points and strong convexity of sets,” Mathematical Notes, vol. 87, no. 3-4, pp. 355–366, 2010.
- W. Kurc, “Strictly and uniformly monotone Musielak-Orlicz spaces and applications to best approximation,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 173–187, 1992.
- H. Hudzik and W. Kurc, “Monotonicity properties of Musielak-Orlicz spaces and dominated best approximation in banach lattices,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 353–368, 1998.
- S. T. Chen, X. He, and H. Hudzik, “Monotonicity and best approximation in Banach lattices,” Acta Mathematica Sinica, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 785–794, 2009.
- C. D. Aliprantis and O. Burkinshaw, Positive Operators, Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2006.
- J. Diestel, Geometry of Banach Spaces|Selected Topics, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1975.
- J. Lindenstrauss, D. Preiss, and J. Tiser, Frechet Di Erentiability of Lipschitz Functions and Porous Sets in Banach Spaces, Annals of Mathematics Studies, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2012.
- A. Kozek, “Orlicz spaces of functions with values in Banach spaces,” Commentationes Mathematicae, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 259–288, 1976.
- “Convex integral functionals on Orlicz spaces,” Commentationes Mathematicae, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 109–135, 1980.
- J. Musielak, Orlicz Spaces and Modular Spaces, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1983.
- W. Wnuk, “Representations of Orlicz lattices,” Dissertationes Mathematicae, vol. 235, p. 62, 1984.
- M. A. Krasnoselski and J. B. Ruticki, Convex Functions and Orlicz Spacesfirst, Leo F. Boron, P. Noordho, Groningen, The Netherlands, 1961.
- “Extreme points of the unit ball in Orlicz spaces of vector-valued functions with the Amemiya norm,” Japanese Journal of Mathematics, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 277–288, 1993.
- M. M. Rao and Z. D. Ren, Theory of Orlicz Spaces, Monographs and Textbooks in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- H. Nakano, Modulared Semi-Ordered Linear Spaces, Maruzen, Tokyo, Japan, 1950.
- L. V. Kantorovich and G. P. Akilov, Funktsionalnyi Analiz, Nauka, Moscow, Russia, 3rd edition, 1984.
- A. C. Zaanen, Riesz Spaces. II, North-Holland Mathematical Library, vol. 30, North-Holland Publishing, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1983.
- P. Meyer-Nieberg, Banach Lattices, Universitext, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1991.
- W. J. Davis, N. Ghoussoub, and J. Lindenstrauss, “A lattice renorming theorem and applications to vector-valued processes,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 263, no. 2, pp. 531–540, 1981.
- N. Ghoussoub, “Renorming dual Banach lattices,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 521–524, 1982.
- H. Hudzik, A. Kamińska, and M. Mastylo, “Monotonicity and rotundity properties in banach lattices,” Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 933–950, 2000.
- H. Hudzik, “On some equivalent conditions in Musielak-Orlicz spaces,” Commentationes Mathematicae, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 57–64, 1984.
- M. R. Grossinho and S. A. Tersian, An Introduction to Minimax Theorems and Their Applications to Differential Equations, Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2001.