- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 623763, 8 pages
Hybrid Bernstein Block-Pulse Functions Method for Second Kind Integral Equations with Convergence Analysis
1Faculty of Basic Science, Babol University of Technology, P.O. Box 47148-71167, Babol, Iran
2Department of Mathematics, Cankaya University, Ogretmenler Caddesi 14, Balgat, 06530 Ankara, Turkey
3Institute of Space Sciences, P.O. Box MG 23, Magurele, 077125 Bucharest, Romania
4Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80204, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
Received 22 November 2013; Accepted 9 January 2014; Published 23 February 2014
Academic Editor: Carlo Cattani
Copyright © 2014 Mohsen Alipour et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Babolian and Z. Masouri, “Direct method to solve Volterra integral equation of the first kind using operational matrix with block-pulse functions,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 220, no. 1-2, pp. 51–57, 2008.
- K. Maleknejad and B. Rahimi, “Modification of block pulse functions and their application to solve numerically Volterra integral equation of the first kind,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 2469–2477, 2011.
- F. Mirzaee and S. Piroozfar, “Numerical solution of the linear two-dimensional Fredholm integral equations of the second kind via two-dimensional triangular orthogonal functions,” Journal of King Saud University - Science, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 185–193, 2010.
- Y. Ordokhani, “Solution of nonlinear Volterra-Fredholm-Hammerstein integral equations via rationalized Haar functions,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 180, no. 2, pp. 436–443, 2006.
- H. R. Marzban, H. R. Tabrizidooz, and M. Razzaghi, “A composite collocation method for the nonlinear mixed Volterra-Fredholm-Hammerstein integral equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1186–1194, 2011.
- M. Tavassoli Kajani and A. Hadi Vencheh, “Solving second kind integral equations with hybrid Chebyshev and block-pulse functions,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 163, no. 1, pp. 71–77, 2005.
- X. T. Wang and Y. M. Li, “Numerical solutions of integrodifferential systems by hybrid of general block-pulse functions and the second Chebyshev polynomials,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 209, no. 2, pp. 266–272, 2009.
- K. Maleknejad and Y. Mahmoudi, “Numerical solution of linear Fredholm integral equation by using hybrid Taylor and block-pulse functions,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 149, no. 3, pp. 799–806, 2004.
- B. Asady, M. Tavassoli Kajani, A. Hadi Vencheh, and A. Heydari, “Solving second kind integral equations with hybrid Fourier and block-pulse functions,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 160, no. 2, pp. 517–522, 2005.
- G. Prasada Rao, Piecewise Constant Orthogonal Functions and their Application to Systems and Control, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1983.
- B. M. Mohan and K. B. Datta, Orthogonal Functions in Systems and Control, 1995.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and M. A. Saker, “Integrals of Bernstein polynomials: an application for the solution of high even-order differential equations,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 559–565, 2011.
- B. N. Mandal and S. Bhattacharya, “Numerical solution of some classes of integral equations using Bernstein polynomials,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 1707–1716, 2007.
- S. A. Yousefi and M. Behroozifar, “Operational matrices of Bernstein polynomials and their applications,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 709–716, 2010.
- M. Alipour and D. Rostamy, “Solving nonlinear fractional differential equations by Bernstein polynomials operational matrices,” The Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 185–196, 2012.
- D. Rostamy, M. Alipour, H. Jafari, and D. Baleanu, “Solving multi-term orders fractional differential equations by operational matrices of BPs with convergence analysis,” Romanian Reports in Physics, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 334–349, 2013.
- D. Baleanu, M. Alipour, and H. Jafari, “The Bernstein operational matrices for solving the fractional quadratic Riccati differential equations with the Riemann-Liouville derivative,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 461970, 7 pages, 2013.
- M. Alipour and D. Baleanu, “Approximate analytical solution for nonlinear system of fractional differential equations by BPs operational matrices,” Advances in Mathematical Physics, vol. 2013, Article ID 954015, 9 pages, 2013.
- M. Alipour, D. Rostamy, and D. Baleanu, “Solving multi-dimensional fractional optimal control problems with inequality constraint by Bernstein polynomials operational matrices,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 19, no. 16, pp. 2523–2540, 2013.
- M. Alipour and D. Rostamy, “BPs operational matrices for solving time varying fractional optimal control problems,” The Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science, vol. 6, pp. 292–304, 2013.
- K. Atkinson and W. Han, Theoretical Numerical Analysis: A Functional Analysis Framework, Springer, 2nd edition, 2000.