- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 659152, 6 pages
Multiple Periodic Solutions for Discrete Nicholson’s Blowflies Type System
1College of Mathematics and Information Science, Jiangxi Normal University, Nanchang, Jiangxi 330022, China
2Department of Mathematics, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX 78666, USA
Received 5 January 2014; Accepted 27 February 2014; Published 27 March 2014
Academic Editor: Samir Saker
Copyright © 2014 Hui-Sheng Ding and Julio G. Dix. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. J. Nicholson, “An outline of the dynamics of animal populations,” Australian Journal of Zoology, vol. 2, pp. 9–65, 1954.
- W. S. Gurney, S. P. Blythe, and R. M. Nisbet, “Nicholson's blowflies revisited,” Nature, vol. 287, pp. 17–21, 1980.
- B. Liu, “The existence and uniqueness of positive periodic solutions of Nicholson-type delay systems,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 3145–3151, 2011.
- B. Liu and S. Gong, “Permanence for Nicholson-type delay systems with nonlinear density-dependent mortality terms,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1931–1937, 2011.
- L. Berezansky, L. Idels, and L. Troib, “Global dynamics of Nicholson-type delay systems with applications,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 436–445, 2011.
- W. Chen and L. Wang, “Positive periodic solutions of Nicholson-type delay systems with nonlinear density-dependent mortality terms,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 843178, 13 pages, 2012.
- Q. Zhou, “The positive periodic solution for Nicholson-type delay system with linear harvesting terms,” Applied Mathematical Modelling: Simulation and Computation for Engineering and Environmental Systems, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 5581–5590, 2013.
- S. H. Saker and S. Agarwal, “Oscillation and global attractivity in a periodic Nicholson's blowflies model,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 35, no. 7-8, pp. 719–731, 2002.
- S. H. Saker, “Oscillation of continuous and discrete diffusive delay Nicholson's blowflies models,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 167, no. 1, pp. 179–197, 2005.
- J. W.-H. So and J. S. Yu, “On the stability and uniform persistence of a discrete model of Nicholson's blowflies,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 233–244, 1995.
- J. Alzabut, Y. Bolat, and T. Abdeljawad, “Almost periodic dynamics of a discrete Nicholson's blowflies model involving a linear harvesting term,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2012, article 158, 2012.
- J. O. Alzabut, “Existence and exponential convergence of almost periodic solutions for a discrete Nicholson's blowflies model with a nonlinear harvesting term,” Mathematical Sciences Letters, vol. 2, pp. 201–207, 2013.
- S. Padhi, C. Qian, and S. Srivastava, “Multiple periodic solutions for a first order nonlinear functional differential equation with applications to population dynamics,” Communications in Applied Analysis, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 341–351, 2008.
- S. Padhi, S. Srivastava, and J. G. Dix, “Existence of three nonnegative periodic solutions for functional differential equations and applications to hematopoiesis,” Panamerican Mathematical Journal, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 27–36, 2009.
- S. Padhi and S. Pati, “Positive periodic solutions for a nonlinear functional differential equation,” Georgian Academy of Sciences A. Razmadze Mathematical Institute: Memoirs on Differential Equations and Mathematical Physics, vol. 51, pp. 109–118, 2010.
- J. O. Alzabut, “Almost periodic solutions for an impulsive delay Nicholson's blowflies model,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 234, no. 1, pp. 233–239, 2010.
- H.-S. Ding and J. J. Nieto, “A new approach for positive almost periodic solutions to a class of Nicholson's blowflies model,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 253, pp. 249–254, 2013.
- R. W. Leggett and L. R. Williams, “Multiple positive fixed points of nonlinear operators on ordered Banach spaces,” Indiana University Mathematics Journal, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 673–688, 1979.
- J. G. Dix, S. Padhi, and S. Pati, “Multiple positive periodic solutions for a nonlinear first order functional difference equation,” Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1037–1046, 2010.
- Y. N. Raffoul, “Positive periodic solutions of nonlinear functional difference equations,” Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, no. 55, pp. 1–8, 2002.
- Y. N. Raffoul and C. C. Tisdell, “Positive periodic solutions of functional discrete systems and population models,” Advances in Difference Equations, no. 3, pp. 369–380, 2005.
- M. N. Islam and Y. N. Raffoul, “Periodic solutions of neutral nonlinear system of differential equations with functional delay,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 331, no. 2, pp. 1175–1186, 2007.
- D. Jiang, J. Wei, and B. Zhang, “Positive periodic solutions of functional differential equations and population models,” Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, no. 71, pp. 1–13, 2002.
- Z. Zeng, L. Bi, and M. Fan, “Existence of multiple positive periodic solutions for functional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 325, no. 2, pp. 1378–1389, 2007.
- W. Zhang, D. Zhu, and P. Bi, “Existence of periodic solutions of a scalar functional differential equation via a fixed point theorem,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 46, no. 5-6, pp. 718–729, 2007.