- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 691429, 7 pages
Global Existence of Solutions for a Nonstrictly Hyperbolic System
1Department of Mathematics, Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou 310036, China
2College of Health Administration, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, China
3Laboratoire Ondes and Milieux Complexes UMR 6294, CNRS-Universite du Havre, 76058 Le Havre, France
Received 16 November 2013; Accepted 14 February 2014; Published 31 March 2014
Academic Editor: Adem Kilicman
Copyright © 2014 De-yin Zheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. G. LeFloch and M. Westdickenberg, “Finite energy solutions to the isentropic Euler equations with geometric effects,” Journal de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées, vol. 88, no. 5, pp. 389–429, 2007.
- N. Tsuge, “Global solutions of the compressible Euler equations with spherical symmetry,” Journal of Mathematics of Kyoto University, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 457–524, 2006.
- G. Q. Chen and J. Glimm, “Global solutions to the compressible Euler equations with geometrical structure,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 180, no. 1, pp. 153–193, 1996.
- J. M. Hong and B. Temple, “A bound on the total variation of the conserved quantities for solutions of a general resonant nonlinear balance law,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 819–857, 2004.
- J. M. Hong, “An extension of Glimms method to inhomogeneous strictly hyperbolic systems of conservation laws by weaker than weak solutions of the Riemann problem,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 222, no. 2, pp. 515–549, 2006.
- Y. C. Su, J. M. Hong, and S. W. Chou, “An extension of Glimm's method to the gas dynamical model of transonic flows,” Nonlinearity, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 1581–1597, 2013.
- E. Isaacson and B. Temple, “Nonlinear resonance in systems of conservation laws,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 1260–1278, 1992.
- K. Oelschläger, “On the connection between Hamiltonian many-particle systems and the hydrodynamical equations,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 115, no. 4, pp. 297–310, 1991.
- K. Oelschläger, “An integro-differential equation modelling a Newtonian dynamics and its scaling limit,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 137, no. 2, pp. 99–134, 1997.
- S. Caprino, R. Esposito, R. Marra, and M. Pulvirenti, “Hydrodynamic limits of the Vlasov equation,” Communications in Partial Differential Equations, vol. 18, no. 5-6, pp. 805–820, 1993.
- R. J. DiPerna, “Global solutions to a class of nonlinear hyperbolic systems of equations,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 26, pp. 1–28, 1973.
- C. Klingenberg and Y. G. Lu, “Existence of solutions to hyperbolic conservation laws with a source,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 187, no. 2, pp. 327–340, 1997.
- Y. G. Lu, “Existence of global entropy solutions of a nonstrictly hyperbolic system,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 178, no. 2, pp. 287–299, 2005.
- Y. G. Lu, “Global existence of solutions to resonant system of isentropic gas dynamics,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 2802–2810, 2011.
- Y. G. Lu, “Some results for general systems of isentropic gas dynamics,” Differential Equations, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 130–138, 2007.
- F. Murat, “Compacité par compensation,” Annali della Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 489–507, 1978.
- L. Tartar, “Compensated compactness and applications to partial differential equations,” in Research Notes in Mathematics, Nonlinear Analysis and Mechanics, Heriot-Watt Symposium, R. J. Knops, Ed., vol. 4, Pitman Press, London, UK, 1979.
- P. L. Lions, B. Perthame, and P. E. Souganidis, “Existence and stability of entropy solutions for the hyperbolic systems of isentropic gas dynamics in Eulerian and Lagrangian coordinates,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 599–638, 1996.
- P. L. Lions, B. Perthame, and E. Tadmor, “Kinetic formulation of the isentropic gas dynamics and -systems,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 163, no. 2, pp. 415–431, 1994.