- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 763547, 8 pages
Symmetric Spaces and Fixed Points of Generalized Contractions
1Department of Mathematics, Science Faculty for Girls, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 4087, Jeddah 21491, Saudi Arabia
2Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Kraljice Marije 16, 11000 Beograd, Serbia
3Department of Mathematics, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80203, Jeddah 21859, Saudi Arabia
Received 28 September 2013; Accepted 30 December 2013; Published 5 March 2014
Academic Editor: E. Karapinar
Copyright © 2014 Sarah Alshehri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. A. Wilson, “On semi-metric spaces,” American Journal of Mathematics, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 361–373, 1931.
- I. D. Aranđelović and D. J. Kečkić, “Symmetric spaces approach to some fixed point results,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 75, no. 13, pp. 5157–5168, 2012.
- M. A. Alghamdi, N. Shahzad, and O. Valero, “On fixed point theory in partial metric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2012, article 175, 25 pages, 2012.
- R. P. Agarwal, M. A. Alghamdi, and N. Shahzad, “Fixed point theory for cyclic generalized contractions in partial metric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2012, article 40, 11 pages, 2012.
- R. P. Agarwal, D. O'Regan, and N. Shahzad, “Fixed point theory for generalized contractive maps of Meir-Keeler type,” Mathematische Nachrichten, vol. 276, pp. 3–22, 2004.
- Z. Kadelburg, S. Radenovic, and N. Shahzad, “A note on various classes of compatible-type pairs of mappings and common fixed point theorems,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 697151, 6 pages, 2013.
- W. A. Kirk, “Contraction mappings and extensions,” in Handbook of Metric Fixed Point Theory, pp. 1–34, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2001.
- W. A. Kirk and N. Shahzad, “Generalized metrics and Caristi's theorem,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2013, article 129, 9 pages, 2013.
- Sh. Rezapour, R. H. Haghi, and N. Shahzad, “Some notes on fixed points of quasi-contraction maps,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 498–502, 2010.
- J. Jachymski, J. Matkowski, and T. Świątkowski, “Nonlinear contractions on semimetric spaces,” Journal of Applied Analysis, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 125–134, 1995.
- T. L. Hicks and B. E. Rhoades, “Fixed point theory in symmetric spaces with applications to probabilistic spaces,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 331–344, 1999.
- M. Aamri and D. El Moutawakil, “Common fixed points under contractive conditions in symmetric spaces,” Applied Mathematics E-Notes, vol. 3, pp. 156–162, 2003.
- M. Aamri, A. Bassou, and D. EL Moutawakil, “Common fixed points for weakly compatible maps in symmetric spaces with application to probabilistic spaces,” Applied Mathematics E-Notes, vol. 5, pp. 171–175, 2005.
- J. Zhu, Y. J. Cho, and S. M. Kang, “Equivalent contractive conditions in symmetric spaces,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 50, no. 10–12, pp. 1621–1628, 2005.
- D. Miheţ, “A note on a paper of Hicks and Rhoades,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 65, no. 7, pp. 1411–1413, 2006.
- M. Imdad, J. Ali, and L. Khan, “Coincidence and fixed points in symmetric spaces under strict contractions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 320, no. 1, pp. 352–360, 2006, Erratum in Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 329, no. 1, p. 752, 2007.
- A. Aliouche, “A common fixed point theorem for weakly compatible mappings in symmetric spaces satisfying a contractive condition of integral type,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 322, no. 2, pp. 796–802, 2006.
- S. Radenović and Z. Kadelburg, “Quasi-contractions on symmetric and cone symmetric spaces,” Banach Journal of Mathematical Analysis, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 38–50, 2011.
- F. E. Browder, “Remarks on fixed point theorems of contractive type,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 657–661, 1979.
- W. Walter, “Remarks on a paper by F. Browder about contraction,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 21–25, 1981.
- M. Maiti, J. Achari, and T. K. Pal, “Remarks on some fixed point theorems,” Publications de l'Institut Mathématique, vol. 21, pp. 115–118, 1977.
- S. H. Cho, G. Y. Lee, and J. S. Bae, “On coincidence and fixed-point theorems in symmetric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2008, Article ID 562130, 9 pages, 2008.
- C. J. R. Borges, “On continuously semimetrizable and stratifiable spaces,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 24, pp. 193–196, 1970.
- S. Czerwik, “Contraction mappings in -metric spaces,” Acta Mathematica et Informatica Universitatis Ostraviensis, vol. 1, pp. 5–11, 1993.
- M. Jovanović, Z. Kadelburg, and S. Radenović, “Common fixed point results in metric-type spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2010, Article ID 978121, 15 pages, 2010.
- R. W. Heath, “A regular semi-metric space for which there is no semi-metric under which all spheres are open,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 12, pp. 810–811, 1961.
- F. Galvin and S. D. Shore, “Completeness in semimetric spaces,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 67–75, 1984.
- L. F. McAuley, “A relation between perfect separability, completeness, and normality in semi-metric spaces,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 6, pp. 315–326, 1956.
- I. A. Rus, A. Petrusel, and G. Petrusel, Fixed Point Theory, Cluj University Press, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 2008.
- S. Lipschutz, General Topology, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1965.