- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 782657, 3 pages
Nonlinear Dynamics in Applied Sciences Systems: Advances and Perspectives
1Department of Management, Polytechnic University of Marche, 60121 Ancona, Italy
2Dipartimento di Scienze Matematiche, Politecnico, Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24, 10129 Torino, Italy
3Department of Law and Economics, University Mediterranea of Reggio Calabria and CRIOS University Bocconi of Milan, Via dei Bianchi 2, 89127 Reggio Calabria, Italy
4Department of Mathematics-Informatics, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Splaiul Independentei 313, 060042 Bucharest, Romania
Received 4 September 2013; Accepted 4 September 2013; Published 25 May 2014
Copyright © 2014 Luca Guerrini et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Newton, Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica, Cambridge Digital Library, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1687.
- N. D. Hulkower, “The zero energy three body problem,” Indiana University Mathematics Journal, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 409–447, 1978.
- N. D. Hulkower, “Central configurations and hyperbolic-elliptic motion in the three-body problem,” Celestial Mechanics, vol. 21, pp. 37–41, 1980.
- S. J. Aarseth, Gravitational n-Body Simulations, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2003.
- C. Bianca, “On the mathematical transport theory in microporous media: the billiard approach,” Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 699–735, 2010.
- R. Bellman, Dynamic Programming, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1957.
- M. Beckmann and R. Muth, “On the solution to the fundamental equation of inventory theory,” Cowles Commission Discussion Paper 2116, 1954.
- R. J. DiPerna and P.-L. Lions, “On the Cauchy problem for Boltzmann equations: global existence and weak stability,” Annals of Mathematics, vol. 130, no. 2, pp. 321–366, 1989.
- C. F. Colebrook, “Turbulent flow in pipes, with particular reference to the transition region between smooth and rough pipe laws,” Journal of the Institution of Civil Engineers, vol. 11, pp. 133–156, 1939.
- L. D. Landau, Collected Papers, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 1965.
- G. K. Batchelor, An Introduction to Fluid Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1967.
- J. W. Miles, “The Korteweg-De Vries equation: a historical essay,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 106, pp. 131–147, 1981.
- J. Rubinsten, “Sine-Gordon equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 11, pp. 258–266, 1970.
- I. Cimrák, “A survey on the numerics and computations for the Landau-Lifshitz equation of micromagnetism,” Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1–37, 2007.
- Y. Ishimori, “Multivortex solutions of a two-dimensional nonlinear wave equation,” Progress of Theoretical Physics, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 33–37, 1984.
- A. A. Vlasov, Many-Particle Theory and Its Application to Plasma, Gordon and Breach, New York, NY, USA, 1961.
- V. E. Zakharov and S. V. Manakov, “On the complete integrability of a nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 551–559, 1974.
- A. Lienard, “Etude des oscillations entretenues,” Revue générale de l'électricité, vol. 23, pp. 901–912, 1928.
- R. M. Solow, “A contribution to the theory of economic growth,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 70, pp. 65–94, 1956.
- C. H. Tremblay and V. J. Tremblay, “The Cournot-Bertrand model and the degree of product differentiation,” Economics Letters, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 233–235, 2011.
- A. Matsumoto and Y. Nonaka, “Statistical dynamics in a chaotic Cournot model with complementary goods,” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 769–783, 2006.
- H. R. Dullin, G. A. Gottwald, and D. D. Holm, “An integrable shallow water equation with linear and nonlinear dispersion,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 87, pp. 4501–4504, 2001.
- M. Kalecki, “A macrodynamic theory of business cycles,” Econometrica, vol. 3, pp. 327–344, 1935.
- J. D. Murray, Mathematical Biology I: An Introduction, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- P. Degond and B. Wennberg, “Mass and energy balance laws derived from high-field limits of thermostatted Boltzmann equations,” Communications in Mathematical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 355–382, 2007.
- B. Wennberg and Y. Wondmagegne, “The Kac equation with a thermostatted force field,” Journal of Statistical Physics, vol. 124, no. 2–4, pp. 859–880, 2006.
- B. Wennberg and Y. Wondmagegne, “Stationary states for the Kac equation with a Gaussian thermostat,” Nonlinearity, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 633–648, 2004.
- V. Bagland, “Well-posedness and large time behaviour for the non-cutoff Kac equation with a Gaussian thermostat,” Journal of Statistical Physics, vol. 138, no. 4-5, pp. 838–875, 2010.
- V. Bagland, B. Wennberg, and Y. Wondmagegne, “Stationary states for the noncutoff Kac equation with a Gaussian thermostat,” Nonlinearity, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 583–604, 2007.
- C. Bianca, “Modeling complex systems by functional subsystems representation and thermostatted-KTAP methods,” Applied Mathematics and Information Sciences, vol. 6, pp. 495–499, 2012.
- C. Bianca, “An existence and uniqueness theorem to the Cauchy problem for thermostatted-KTAP models,” International Journal of Mathematical Analysis, vol. 6, no. 17–20, pp. 813–824, 2012.
- C. Bianca, “Onset of nonlinearity in thermostatted active particles models for complex systems,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 2593–2608, 2012.
- C. Bianca, “Existence of stationary solutions in kinetic models with Gaussian thermostats,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences., vol. 36, pp. 1768–1775, 2013.
- C. Bianca, M. Ferrara, and L. Guerrini, “High-order moments conservation in thermostatted kinetic models,” Journal of Global Optimization, 2013.
- C. Bianca, “Thermostatted kinetic equations as models for complex systems in physics and life sciences,” Physics of Life Reviews, vol. 9, pp. 359–399, 2012.
- S. H. Kellert, In the Wake of Chaos: Unpredictable Order in Dynamical Systems, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1993.
- V. G. Ivancevic and T. T. Ivancevic, Complex Nonlinearity: Chaos, Phase Transitions, Topology Change, and Path Integrals, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- C. Bianca and L. Rondoni, “The nonequilibrium Ehrenfest gas: a chaotic model with flat obstacles?” Chaos, vol. 19, no. 1, Article ID 013121, 10 pages, 2009.
- O. G. Jepps, C. Bianca, and L. Rondoni, “Onset of diffusive behavior in confined transport systems,” Chaos, vol. 18, no. 1, Article ID 013127, 13 pages, 2008.
- D. Angeli, “Multistability in systems with counter-clockwise input-output dynamics,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 596–609, 2007.
- F. Freyer, J. A. Roberts, P. Ritter, and M. Breakspear, “A canonical model of multistability and scale-invariance in biological systems,” PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 8, no. 8, Article ID e1002634, 15 pages, 2012.
- F. G. Zvereva and O. S. Shcheglov, “Investigation of aperiodic oscillations in the plasma of a discharge under a low pressure,” Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 1316–1319, 1974.
- H. Tanaka and T. Ushio, “Analysis of aperiodic oscillations in a flow model of a switching system,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 981–994, 2003.
- V. Resmi, G. Ambika, and R. E. Amritkar, “General mechanism for amplitude death in coupled systems,” Physical Review E, vol. 84, no. 4, Article ID 046212, 2011.
- V. Resmi, G. Ambika, R. E. Amritkar, and G. Rangarajan, “Amplitude death in complex networks induced by environment,” Physical Review E, vol. 85, no. 4, Article ID 046211, 2012.
- M. Dunajski, Solitons, Instantons, and Twistors, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2009.