- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 835098, 15 pages
Minimum Time Trajectory Optimization of CNC Machining with Tracking Error Constraints
1College of Information and Control Engineering, China University of Petroleum (East China), Qingdao 266580, China
2National Center for Mathematics and Interdisciplinary Sciences (NCMIS), Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
Received 22 April 2014; Accepted 30 June 2014; Published 20 July 2014
Academic Editor: Chong Li
Copyright © 2014 Qiang Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. S. Smith, R. T. Farouki, S. D. Timar, and G. L. Boyadjieff, “Algorithms for time-optimal control of CNC machines along curved tool paths,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 37–53, 2005.
- S. D. Timar and R. T. Farouki, “Time-optimal traversal of curved paths by Cartesian CNC machines under both constant and speed-dependent axis acceleration bounds,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 563–579, 2007.
- C. M. Yuan, K. Zhang, W. Fan, and X. S. Gao, “Time-optimal interpolation for CNC machining along curved tool paths with confined chord error,” Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 836–870, 2013.
- J. F. Zhou, Y. W. Sun, and D. M. Guo, “Adaptive feedrate interpolation with multi constraints for five-axis parametric tool path,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 71, no. 9–12, pp. 1873–1882, 2014.
- Y. Chen and A. A. Desrochers, “Proof of the structure of the minimum-time control law of robotic manipulators using a Hamiltonian formulation,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 388–393, 1990.
- J. M. McCarthy and J. E. Bobrow, “The number of saturated actuators and constraint forces during time-optimal movement of a general robotic system,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 407–409, 1992.
- R. Gourdeau and H. M. Schwartz, “Optimal control of a robot manipulator using a weighted time-energy cost function,” in IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 1628–1631, Tampa, Fla, USA, 1989.
- J.-Y. Dong, P. M. Ferreira, and J. A. Stori, “Feed-rate optimization with jerk constraints for generating minimum-time trajectories,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, vol. 47, no. 12-13, pp. 1941–1955, 2007.
- K. Zhang, C. Yuan, X. Gao, and H. Li, “A greedy algorithm for feedrate planning of CNC machines along curved tool paths with confined jerk,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 472–483, 2012.
- K. Zhang, C. M. Yuan, and X. S. Gao, “Efficient algorithm for time-optimal feedrate planning and smoothing with confined chord error and acceleration,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 66, no. 9–12, pp. 1685–1697, 2013.
- Q. Zhang and S.-R. Li, “Efficient computation of smooth minimum time trajectory for CNC machining,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 68, no. 1–4, pp. 683–692, 2013.
- W. Fan, X. Gao, C. Lee, K. Zhang, and Q. Zhang, “Time-optimal interpolation for five-axis CNC machining along parametric tool path based on linear programming,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 69, no. 5–8, pp. 1373–1388, 2013.
- T. Tarn, A. K. Bejczy, X. Yun, and Z. Li, “Effect of motor dynamics on nonlinear feedback robot arm control,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 114–122, 1991.
- M. Tarkiainen and Z. Shiller, “Time optimal motions of manipulators with actuator dynamics,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 725–730, Atlanta, Ga, USA, May 1993.
- C. M. Kwan, “Robust adaptive force/motion control of constrained robots,” IEE Proceedings on Control Theory and Applications, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 103–109, 1996.
- T. Ardeshiri, M. Norrlof, J. Lofberg, and A. Hansson, “Convex optimization approach for time-optimal path tracking of robots with speed dependent constraints,” in Proceedings of the 18th IFAC World Congress, pp. 14648–14653, Milano, Italy, August-September 2011.
- K. Srinivasan and P. K. Kulkarni, “Cross-coupled control of biaxial feed drive servomechanisms,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 225–232, 1990.
- H. Y. Chuang and C. H. Liu, “A model-referenced adaptive control strategy for improving contour accuracy of multiaxis machine tools,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 221–227, 1992.
- H. Takahashi and R. J. Bickel, “Developing a controller to reduce contour error,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, pp. 222–227, ACM, 2000.
- J. Dong and J. A. Stori, “Optimal feed-rate scheduling for high-speed contouring,” Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 63–76, 2007.
- C. A. Ernesto and R. T. Farouki, “Solution of inverse dynamics problems for contour error minimization in CNC machines,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 49, no. 5-8, pp. 589–604, 2010.
- J. X. Guo, Q. Zhang, and X. S. Gao, “Tracking error reduction in CNC machining by reshaping the kinematic trajectory,” Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 817–835, 2013.
- M. S. Tsai, H. W. Nien, and H. T. Yau, “Development of an integrated look-ahead dynamics-based NURBS interpolator for high precision machinery,” CAD Computer Aided Design, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 554–566, 2008.
- J. Guo, K. Zhang, Q. Zhang, and X. Gao, “Efficient time-optimal feedrate planning under dynamic constraints for a high-order CNC servo system,” CAD Computer Aided Design, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 1538–1546, 2013.
- K. Zhang, J. X. Guo, and X. S. Gao, “Cubic spline trajectory generation with axis jerk and tracking error constraints,” International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 1141–1146, 2013.
- R. F. Hartl, S. P. Sethi, and R. Vickson, “A survey of the maximum principles for optimal control problems with state constraints,” SIAM Review, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 181–218, 1995.
- J. E. Bobrow, S. Dubowsky, and J. S. Gibson, “Time-optimal control of robotic manipulators along specified paths,” International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 3–17, 1985.
- Q. Zhang, S. R. Li, and X. S. Gao, “Practical smooth minimum time trajectory planning for path following robotic manipulators,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Washington, DC, USA, June 2013.
- T. W. C. Chen and V. S. Vassiliadis, “Inequality path constraints in optimal control: a finite iteration -convergent scheme based on pointwise discretization,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 353–362, 2005.
- D. Verscheure, B. Demeulenaere, J. Swevers, J. de Schutter, and M. Diehl, “Time-optimal path tracking for robots: a convex optimization approach,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 2318–2327, 2009.