- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 905968, 10 pages
Discretized Lyapunov Function Approach for Switched Linear Systems under Dwell Time Constraint
1School of Electrical Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu 610031, China
2Institute of Information Security and Computing Technology, Mianyang Normal University, Mianyang 621006, China
3School of Transportation and Logistics, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu 610031, China
Received 14 March 2014; Accepted 18 June 2014; Published 3 July 2014
Academic Editor: Jaeyoung Chung
Copyright © 2014 Yongchi Zhao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Liberzon, Switching in Cystems and Control, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 2003.
- Z. Sun and S. Ge, Switched Linear Systems-Control and Design, Springer, London, UK, 2005.
- R. A. Decarlo, M. S. Branicky, S. Pettersson, and B. Lennartson, “Perspectives and results on the stability and stabilizability of hybrid systems,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 88, no. 7, pp. 1069–1082, 2000.
- H. Lin and P. J. Antsaklis, “Stability and stabilizability of switched linear systems: a survey of recent results,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 308–322, 2009.
- A. Balluchi, M. D. Benedetto, C. Pinello, C. Ross, and A. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, “Cut-off in engine control: a hybrid system approach,” in Proceedings of the 36th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 4720–4725, San Diego, Calif, USA, December 1997.
- B. E. Bishop and M. W. Spong, “Control of redundant manipulators using logic-based switching,” in Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '98), pp. 1488–1493, Tampa, Fla, USA, December 1998.
- W. Zhang, M. S. Branicky, and S. M. Phillips, “Stability of networked control systems,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 84–99, 2001.
- I. Kolmanovsky and S. Jing, “A multi-mode switching-based command tracking in network controlled systems with pointwise-in-time constraints and disturbance inputs,” in Proceedings of the 6th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA '06), pp. 199–204, Dalian, China, June 2006.
- K. S. Narendra, O. A. Driollet, M. Feiler, and K. George, “Adaptive control using multiple models, switching and tuning,” International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 87–102, 2003.
- B. Castillo-Toledo, S. Di Gennaro, A. G. Loukianov, and J. Rivera, “Hybrid control of induction motors via sampled closed representations,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 3758–3771, 2008.
- C. Sreekumar and V. Agarwal, “A hybrid control algorithm for voltage regulation in DC-DC boost converter,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 2530–2538, 2008.
- R. Shorten, F. Wirth, O. Mason, K. Wulff, and C. King, “Stability criteria for switched and hybrid systems,” SIAM Review, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 545–592, 2007.
- M. S. Branicky, “Multiple Lyapunov functions and other analysis tools for switched and hybrid systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 475–482, 1998.
- K. S. Narendra and J. A. Balakrishnan, “A common Lyapunov function for stable LTI systems with commuting A-matrices,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 2469–2471, 1994.
- J. Daafouz, P. Riedinger, and C. Iung, “Stability analysis and control synthesis for switched systems: a switched Lyapunov function approach,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 1883–1887, 2002.
- W. Xiang and J. Xiao, “Stabilization of switched continuous-time systems with all modes unstable via dwell time switching,” Automatica, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 940–945, 2014.
- L. I. Allerhand and U. Shaked, “Robust stability and stabilization of linear switched systems with dwell time,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 381–386, 2011.
- J. C. Geromel and P. Colaneri, “Stability and stabilization of discrete time switched systems,” International Journal of Control, vol. 79, no. 7, pp. 719–728, 2006.
- K. Hirata and J. P. Hespanha, “ℒ2-induced gain analysis for a class of switched systems,” in Proceeding of thr 48th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control held jointly with the 28th Chinese Control Conference (CDC/CCC '09), pp. 2138–2143, Shanghai, China, December 2009.
- K. Hirata and J. Hespanha, “-induced gain analysis of switched linear systems via finitely parametrized storage functions,” in Proceedings of the 29th American Control Conference (ACC '10), pp. 4064–4069, Baltimore, Md, USA, June 2010.
- W. Xiang and J. Xiao, “Stability analysis and control synthesis of switched impulsive systems,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 22, no. 13, pp. 1440–1459, 2012.
- W. Xiang, J. Xiao, and M. N. Iqbal, “Asymptotic stability, gain, boundness analysis, and control synthesis for switched systems: a switching frequency approach,” International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 350–373, 2012.
- M. Margaliot and J. P. Hespanha, “Root-mean-square gains of switched linear systems: a variational approach,” Automatica, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 2398–2402, 2008.
- A. S. Morse, “Supervisory control of families of linear set-point controllers. I. Exact matching,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1413–1431, 1996.
- J. P. Hespanha and A. S. Morse, “Stability of switched systems with average dwell-time,” in Proceedings of the 38th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '99), pp. 2655–2660, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, December 1999.
- L. Zhang and P. Shi, “Stability, l2-gain and asynchronous H∞ control of discrete-time switched systems with average dwell time,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 54, no. 9, pp. 2192–2199, 2009.
- J. Hespanha, “-induced gains of switched linear systems,” in Unsolved Problems in Mathematical Systems and Control Theory, V. D. Blondel and A. Megretski, Eds., pp. 131–133, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2003.
- G. Zhai, B. Hu, K. Yasuda, and A. N. Michel, “Disturbance attenuation properties of time-controlled switched systems,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 338, no. 7, pp. 765–779, 2001.
- G. Zhai, B. Hu, K. Yasuda, and A. N. Michel, “Qualitative analysis of discrete-time switched systems,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 1880–1885, May 2002.
- W. Xiang and J. Xiao, “Discussion on stability, l2-gain and asynchronous control of discrete-time switched systems with average dwell time,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 3259–3261, 2012.
- C. Cai, “Dwell-time approach to input-output stability properties for a class of discrete-time dynamical systems,” Systems & Control Letters, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 383–389, 2011.
- J. C. Geromel and P. Colaneri, “ and dwell time specifications of continuous-time switched linear systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 207–212, 2010.
- P. Colaneri, P. Bolzern, and J. C. Geromel, “Root mean square gain of discrete-time switched linear systems under dwell time constraints,” Automatica, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 1677–1684, 2011.
- K. Gu, V. L. Kharitonov, and J. Chen, Stability of Time-Delay Systems, Springer, Berlin , Germany, 2003.
- W. Xiang, J. Xiao, and M. N. Iqbal, “Robust observer design for nonlinear uncertain switched systems under asynchronous switching,” Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 754–773, 2012.
- B. Lu and F. Wu, “Switching LPV control designs using multiple parameter-dependent Lyapunov functions,” Automatica, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1973–1980, 2004.