- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 927631, 5 pages
Non-Self-Similar Dead-Core Rate for the Fast Diffusion Equation with Dependent Coefficient
1College of Science, Xi’an University of Architecture & Technology, Xi’an 710054, China
2School of Mathematics and Statistics, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an 710049, China
Received 24 February 2014; Accepted 26 May 2014; Published 9 June 2014
Academic Editor: Jaan Janno
Copyright © 2014 Liping Zhu and Zhengce Zhang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. C. Zhang and B. Wang, “Spatial profile of the dead core for the fast diffusion equation with dependent coefficient,” International Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2011, Article ID 751969, 9 pages, 2011.
- C. Bandle, T. Nanbu, and I. Stakgold, “Porous medium equation with absorption,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 1268–1278, 1998.
- C. Bandle and I. Stakgold, “The formation of the dead core in parabolic reaction-diffusion problems,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 286, no. 1, pp. 275–293, 1984.
- L. Wang and Q. Chen, “On the dead core behavior for a semilinear heat equation,” Mathematica Applicata, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 22–25, 1997.
- X. Chen, J.-S. Guo, and B. Hu, “Dead-core rates for the porous medium equation with a strong absorption,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems B. A Journal Bridging Mathematics and Sciences, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1761–1774, 2012.
- J.-S. Guo, C.-T. Ling, and P. Souplet, “Non-self-similar dead-core rate for the fast diffusion equation with strong absorption,” Nonlinearity, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 657–673, 2010.
- J.-S. Guo and P. Souplet, “Fast rate of formation of dead-core for the heat equation with strong absorption and applications to fast blow-up,” Mathematische Annalen, vol. 331, no. 3, pp. 651–667, 2005.
- J.-S. Guo and C.-C. Wu, “Finite time dead-core rate for the heat equation with a strong absorption,” The Tohoku Mathematical Journal, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 37–70, 2008.
- I. Stakgold, “Reaction-diffusion problems in chemical engineering,” in Nonlinear Diffusion Problems, vol. 1224 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, pp. 119–152, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1986.
- J.-S. Guo, H. Matano, and C.-C. Wu, “An application of braid group theory to the finite time dead-core rate,” Journal of Evolution Equations, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 835–855, 2010.
- M. A. Herrero and J. J. L. Velázquez, “Explosion de solutions d'équations paraboliques semilinéaires supercritiques,” Comptes Rendus de l'Académie des Sciences I. Mathématique, vol. 319, no. 2, pp. 141–145, 1994.
- N. Mizoguchi, “Blow-up rate of type II and the braid group theory,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 363, no. 3, pp. 1419–1443, 2011.
- J.-S. Guo and B. Hu, “Blowup rate estimates for the heat equation with a nonlinear gradient source term,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 927–937, 2008.
- Z. C. Zhang, “Gradient blowup rate for a viscous Hamilton-Jacobi equation with degenerate diffusion,” Archiv der Mathematik, vol. 100, no. 4, pp. 361–367, 2013.
- Z.-C. Zhang and B. Hu, “Boundary gradient blowup in a semilinear parabolic equation,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 767–779, 2010.
- Z. C. Zhang and B. Hu, “Rate estimates of gradient blowup for a heat equation with exponential nonlinearity,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 72, no. 12, pp. 4594–4601, 2010.
- Z. C. Zhang and Y. Li, “Blowup and existence of global solutions to nonlinear parabolic equations with degenerate diffusion,” Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2013, no. 264, 17 pages, 2013.
- Z. C. Zhang and Y. Y. Li, “Boundedness of global solutions for a heat equation with exponential gradient source,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 398049, 10 pages, 2012.
- Z. C. Zhang and Y. Y. Li, “Gradient blowup solutions of a semilinear parabolic equation with exponential source,” Communications on Pure and Applied Analysis, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 269–280, 2013.
- Z. C. Zhang and Z. J. Li, “A note on gradient blowup rate of the inhomogeneous Hamilton-Jacobi equations,” Acta Mathematica Scientia, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 678–686, 2013.
- L. P. Zhu and Z. C. Zhang, “Rate of approach to the steady state for a diffusion-convection equation on annular domains,” Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, vol. 39, no. 2, 10 pages, 2012.
- M. S. Floater, “Blow-up at the boundary for degenerate semilinear parabolic equations,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 57–77, 1991.
- A. A. Lacey, “The form of blow-up for nonlinear parabolic equations,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A. Mathematics, vol. 98, no. 1-2, pp. 183–202, 1984.
- C. P. Wang and S. N. Zheng, “Critical Fujita exponents of degenerate and singular parabolic equations,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A. Mathematics, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 415–430, 2006.
- C.-C. Wu and Z. C. Zhang, “Dead-core rates for the heat equation with a spatially dependent strong absorption,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems B. A Journal Bridging Mathematics and Sciences, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 2203–2210, 2013.
- J.-S. Guo, C.-S. Lin, and M. Shimojo, “Blow-up for a reaction-diffusion equation with variable coefficient,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 150–153, 2013.