- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 971648, 7 pages
Identifying the Best Coach by an Improved AHP Model
1School of Physical Education, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, China
2Faculty of Chemical, Environmental and Biological Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
3Department of Electronics & Information Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
Received 14 April 2014; Revised 7 June 2014; Accepted 7 June 2014; Published 17 July 2014
Academic Editor: Fuding Xie
Copyright © 2014 Jinming Xing et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Erickson, J. Côté, T. Hollenstein, and J. Deakin, “Examining coach-athlete interactions using state space grids: an observational analysis in competitive youth sport,” Psychology of Sport and Exercise, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 645–654, 2011.
- Q. Xu, “Coaches are the core elements of the development of sports,” China Sports Coaches, no. 4, pp. 10–12, 2013.
- W. Chou, “Using AHP to assess a plan of training the adolescent golf player,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (FSKD '08), pp. 575–579, Jinan, China, October 2008.
- A. Murphy, M. S. Kaufman, I. Molton, D. B. Coppel, J. Benson, and S. A. Herring, “Concussion evaluation methods among washington state high school football coaches and athletic trainers,” PM and R, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 419–426, 2012.
- E. Lunsford and C. T. Melear, “Using scoring rubrics to evaluate inquiry,” Journal of College Science Teaching, vol. 34, pp. 34–38, 2004.
- J. Carpentier and G. A. Mageau, “The role of coaches' passion and athletes' motivation in the prediction of change-oriented feedback quality and quantity,” Psychology of Sport and Exercise, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 326–335, 2014.
- D. Gould, K. Collins, L. Lauer, and Y. Chung, “Coaching life skills through football: a study of award winning high school coaches,” Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 16–37, 2007.
- A. Abraham and D. Collins, “Examining and extending research in coach development,” Quest, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 59–79, 1998.
- P. E. Hartman, “Selecting the right person to be coach,” NASSP Bulletin, vol. 62, no. 418, pp. 23–27, 1978.
- J. O. Segrave and C. A. Ciancio, “An observational study of a successful pop warner football coach,” Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 294–306, 1990.
- J. MacLean and D. Zakrajsek, “Factors considered important for evaluating Canadian University athletic coaches,” Journal of Sport Management, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 446–462, 1996.
- G. Bruno, E. Esposito, A. Genovese, and R. Passaro, “AHP-based approaches for supplier evaluation: problems and perspectives,” Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 159–172, 2012.
- C. Hsu, C. Yang, T. Chen, and C. Chen, “Applying AHP method select online shopping platform,” in Proceeding of the 7th International Conference on Service Systems and Service Management (ICSSSM '10), pp. 1–5, IEEE, Tokyo, Japan, June 2010.
- C. Wei, C. Chien, and M. J. Wang, “An AHP-based approach to ERP system selection,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 47–62, 2005.
- T. Selker, “Coach: a teaching agent that learns,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 92–99, 1994.
- I. M. Wycherley and E. Cox, “Factors in the selection and matching of executive coaches in organisations,” Coaching, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 39–53, 2008.
- Wikipedia, “List of college men's soccer coaches with 350 wins,” 2013, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_men%27s_soccer_coaches_with_350_wins.
- S. C. Basketball, “Coach index,” 2013, http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/.
- S. C. Football, “Coach index,” 2013, http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/.
- T. Wandzilak, C. J. Ansorge, and G. Potter, “Comparison between selected practice and game behaviors of youth sport soccer coaches,” Journal of Sport Behavior, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 78–88, 1988.
- S. Lipovetsky and W. Michael Conklin, “Robust estimation of priorities in the AHP,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 110–122, 2002.
- Z. Han, Methods and Application of Mathematical Modeling, Higher Education Press, Beijing, China, 2nd edition, 2009.
- Z. sinuany-Stern, “Ranking of sports teams via the ahp,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 661–667, 1988.
- P. Ling, “The developing course of NCAA league basketball tournament in the united states of America,” Journal of Shandong Physical Education, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 60–62, 2001.