- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 982378, 6 pages
On the Periodicity of Some Classes of Systems of Nonlinear Difference Equations
1Mathematical Institute of the Serbian Academy of Sciences, Knez Mihailova 36/III, 11000 Beograd, Serbia
2Department of Mathematics, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80203, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
3Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 42641, Jeddah 21551, Saudi Arabia
Received 25 September 2013; Revised 3 December 2013; Accepted 4 December 2013; Published 23 January 2014
Academic Editor: Josef Diblik
Copyright © 2014 Stevo Stević et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Bastien and M. Rogalski, “Global behaviour of solutions of cyclic systems of order 2 or 3 generalized Lyness' difference equations and of other more general equations of higher order,” Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 1651–1672, 2011.
- E. M. Elsayed, B. Iričanin, and S. Stević, “On the max-type equation ,” Ars Combinatoria, vol. 95, pp. 187–192, 2010.
- E. A. Grove and G. Ladas, Periodicities in Nonlinear Difference Equations, vol. 4 of Advances in Discrete Mathematics and Applications, Chapman & Hall, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2005.
- B. D. Iričanin and S. Stević, “Some systems of nonlinear difference equations of higher order with periodic solutions,” Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete & Impulsive Systems A, vol. 13, no. 3-4, pp. 499–507, 2006.
- B. D. Iričanin and N. Touafek, “On a second-order max-type system of difference equations,” Indian Journal of Mathematics, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 119–142, 2012.
- C. M. Kent, M. Kustesky, A. Q. Nguyen, and B. V. Nguyen, “Eventually periodic solutions of when the parameters are two cycles,” Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete & Impulsive Systems A, vol. 10, no. 1–3, pp. 33–49, 2003.
- C. M. Kent and M. A. Radin, “On the boundedness nature of positive solutions of the difference equation with periodic parameters,” Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete & Impulsive Systems B, supplement, pp. 11–15, 2003.
- W. Kosmala, “A period 5 difference equation,” International Journal of Nonlinear Analysis and Applications, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 82–84, 2011.
- G. Papaschinopoulos and C. J. Schinas, “On the behavior of the solutions of a system of two nonlinear difference equations,” Communications on Applied Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 47–59, 1998.
- G. Papaschinopoulos and C. J. Schinas, “Invariants for systems of two nonlinear difference equations,” Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 181–196, 1999.
- G. Papaschinopoulos, J. Schinas, and V. Hatzifilippidis, “Global behavior of the solutions of a max-equation and of a system of two max-equations,” Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 237–254, 2003.
- S. Stević, “A global convergence results with applications to periodic solutions,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 45–53, 2002.
- S. Stević, “On the recursive sequence II,” Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete & Impulsive Systems A, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 911–916, 2003.
- S. Stević, “A short proof of the Cushing-Henson conjecture,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2006, Article ID 37264, 5 pages, 2006.
- S. Stević, “Global stability of a difference equation with maximum,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 210, no. 2, pp. 525–529, 2009.
- S. Stević, “Periodicity of max difference equations,” Utilitas Mathematica, vol. 83, pp. 69–71, 2010.
- S. Stević, “Periodicity of a class of nonautonomous max-type difference equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 23, pp. 9562–9566, 2011.
- S. Stević, “On some periodic systems of max-type difference equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 23, pp. 11483–11487, 2012.
- N. Touafek and E. M. Elsayed, “On the periodicity of some systems of nonlinear difference equations,” Bulletin Mathématique de la Société des Sciences Mathématiques de Roumanie. Nouvelle Série, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 217–224, 2012.
- H. Levy and F. Lessman, Finite Difference Equations, Macmillan, New York, NY, USA, 1961.
- R. C. Lyness, “Notes 1581,” The Mathematical Gazette, vol. 26, p. 62, 1942.
- R. C. Lyness, “Notes 1847,” The Mathematical Gazette, vol. 29, p. 231, 1945.
- R. C. Lyness, “Notes 2952,” The Mathematical Gazette, vol. 45, p. 201, 1961.