- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 421425, 19 pages
A Survey of Collaborative Filtering Techniques
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Florida Atlantic University, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Received 9 February 2009; Accepted 3 August 2009
Academic Editor: Jun Hong
Copyright © 2009 Xiaoyuan Su and Taghi M. Khoshgoftaar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [63 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- J. Kattge, S. Diaz, S. Lavorel, C. Prentice, P. Leadley, G. Boenisch, E. Garnier, M. Westoby, P. B. Reich, I. J. Wright, J. H. C. Cornelissen, C. Violle, S. P. Harrison, P. M. van Bodegom, M. Reichstein, B. J. Enquist, N. A. Soudzilovskaia, D. D. Ackerly, M. Anand, O. Atkin, M. Bahn, T. R. Baker, D. Baldocchi, R. Bekker, C. C. Blanco, B. Blonder, W. J. Bond, R. Bradstock, D. E. Bunker, F. Casanoves, J. Cavender-Bares, J. Q. Chambers, F. S. Chapin, J. Chave, D. Coomes, W. K. Cornwell, J. M. Craine, B. H. Dobrin, L. Duarte, W. Durka, J. Elser, G. Esser, M. Estiarte, W. F. Fagan, J. Fang, F. Fernandez-Mendez, A. Fidelis, B. Finegan, O. Flores, H. Ford, D. Frank, G. T. Freschet, N. M. Fyllas, R. V. Gallagher, W. A. Green, A. G. Gutierrez, T. Hickler, S. I. Higgins, J. G. Hodgson, A. Jalili, S. Jansen, C. A. Joly, A. J. Kerkhoff, D. Kirkup, K. Kitajima, M. Kleyer, S. Klotz, J. M. H. Knops, K. Kramer, I. Kuehn, H. Kurokawa, D. Laughlin, T. D. Lee, M. Leishman, F. Lens, T. Lenz, S. L. Lewis, J. Lloyd, J. Llusia, F. Louault, S. Ma, M. D. Mahecha, P. Manning, T. Massad, B. E. Medlyn, J. Messier, A. T. Moles, S. C. Mueller, K. Nadrowski, S. Naeem, Ue. Niinemets, S. Noellert, A. Nueske, R. Ogaya, J. Oleksyn, V. G. Onipchenko, Y. Onoda, J. Ordonez, G. Overbeck, W. A. Ozinga, S. Patino, S. Paula, J. G. Pausas, J. Penuelas, O. L. Phillips, V. Pillar, H. Poorter, L. Poorter, P. Poschlod, A. Prinzing, R. Proulx, A. Rammig, S. Reinsch, B. Reu, L. Sack, B. Salgado-Negre, J. Sardans, S. Shiodera, B. Shipley, A. Siefert, E. Sosinski, J. -F. Soussana, E. Swaine, N. Swenson, K. Thompson, P. Thornton, M. Waldram, E. Weiher, M. White, S. White, S. J. Wright, B. Yguel, S. Zaehle, A. E. Zanne, and C. Wirth, “TRY - a global database of plant traits,” Global Change Biology, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 2905–2935, 2011.
- Sarah Cohen-Boulakia, and Ulf Leser, “Search, Adapt, and Reuse: The Future of Scientific Workflows,” Sigmod Record, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 6–16, 2011.
- Zheng Yan, Peng Zhang, and Robert H. Deng, “TruBeRepec: a trust-behavior-based reputation and recommender system for mobile applications,” Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 485–506, 2011.
- D. Helbing, and S. Balietti, “From social data mining to forecasting socio-economic crises,” European Physical Journal-Special Topics, vol. 195, no. 1, pp. 3–68, 2011.
- Vicente Oropeza, and Mauricio Sacchi, “Simultaneous seismic data denoising and reconstruction via multichannel singular spectrum analysis,” Geophysics, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. V25–V32, 2011.
- Thomas Bourquard, Julie Bernauer, Jerome Aze, and Anne Poupon, “A Collaborative Filtering Approach for Protein-Protein Docking Scoring Func tions,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 4, 2011.
- Linyuan Lue, and Tao Zhou, “Link prediction in complex networks: A survey,” Physica A-Statistical Mechanics and Its Applications, vol. 390, no. 6, pp. 1150–1170, 2011.
- Jae-won Lee, Sang-goo Lee, and Han-joon Kim, “A probabilistic approach to semantic collaborative filtering using world kn owledge,” Journal Of Information Science, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 49–66, 2011.
- Zhi-Sheng Chen, Jyh-Shing Roger Jang, and Chin-Hui Lee, “A Kernel Framework for Content-Based Artist Recommendation System in Music,” Ieee Transactions On Multimedia, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1371–1380, 2011.
- Wei Zeng, Yu-Xiao Zhu, Linyuan Lu, and Tao Zhou, “Negative ratings play a positive role in information filtering,” Physica A-Statistical Mechanics and Its Applications, vol. 390, no. 23-24, pp. 4486–4493, 2011.
- Jesus Bobadilla, Antonio Hernando, Fernando Ortega, and Jesus Bernal, “A framework for collaborative filtering recommender systems,” Expert Systems With Applications, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 14609–14623, 2011.
- Damianos Gavalas, and Michael Kenteris, “A web-based pervasive recommendation system for mobile tourist guides,” Personal And Ubiquitous Computing, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 759–770, 2011.
- Lei Ren, Junzhong Gu, and Weiwei Xia, “A Weighted Similarity-boosted Collaborative Filtering Approach,” Energy Procedia, vol. 13, pp. 9060–9067, 2011.
- Ali Akhtarzada, Cristian S. Calude, and John Hosking, “A Multi-Criteria Metric Algorithm for Recommender Systems,” Fundamenta Informaticae, vol. 110, no. 1-4, pp. 1–11, 2011.
- Roger Guimera, Alejandro Llorente, Esteban Moro, and Marta Sales-Pardo, “Predicting Human Preferences Using the Block Structure of Complex Social Ne tworks,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 9, 2012.
- Jun Gao, Dongsheng Che, Vincent W. Zheng, Ruixin Zhu, and Qi Liu, “Integrated QSAR study for inhibitors of hedgehog signal pathway against mul tiple cell lines: a collaborative filtering method,” Bmc Bioinformatics, vol. 13, 2012.
- Ohbyung Kwon, and Dongyoung Jung, “An association model based reasoning method for individualized service recommender,” Expert Systems, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 54–65, 2012.
- Yoshitaka Sakurai, Kouhei Takada, Rainer Knauf, and Setsuo Tsuruta, “A retrieval method adaptively reducing user's subjective impression gap,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 25–40, 2012.
- Zia Rehman, Farookh K. Hussain, and Omar K. Hussain, “Frequency-based similarity measure for multimedia recommender systems,” Multimedia Systems, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 95–102, 2012.
- Jingdong Wang, Zhe Zhao, Jiazhen Zhou, Hao Wang, Bin Cui, and Guojun Qi, “Recommending Flickr groups with social topic model,” Information Retrieval, vol. 15, no. 3-4, pp. 278–295, 2012.
- Jingyu Zhou, Yunlong Zhang, and Jia Cheng, “Preference-based mining of top- influential nodes in social networks,” Future Generation Computer Systems, 2012.
- Andrew Koster, Marco Schorlemmer, and Jordi Sabater-Mir, “Engineering trust alignment: Theory, method and experimentation,” International Journal Of Human-Computer Studies, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 450–473, 2012.
- Reza Rafeh, and Arash Bahrehmand, “An adaptive approach to dealing with unstable behaviour of users in collabo rative filtering systems,” Journal of Information Science, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 205–221, 2012.
- Ming-Fang Weng, and Yung-Yu Chuang, “Collaborative Video Reindexing via Matrix Factorization,” Acm Transactions On Multimedia Computing Communications And Applications, vol. 8, no. 2, 2012.
- Scott Makeig, Christian Kothe, Tim Mullen, Nima Bigdely-Shamlo, Zhilin Zhang, and Kenneth Kreutz-Delgado, “Evolving Signal Processing for Brain-Computer Interfaces,” Proceedings of The Ieee, vol. 100, pp. 1567–1584, 2012.
- Francisco P. Romero, Ismael Caballero, Jesus Serrano-Guerrero, and Jose A. Olivas, “An approach to web-based Personal Health Records filtering using fuzzy prototypes and data quality criteria,” Information Processing & Management, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 451–466, 2012.
- Cho-Wei Shih, Ming-Yen Chen, Hui-Chuan Chu, and Yuh-Min Chen, “Enhancement of information seeking using an information needs radar model,” Information Processing & Management, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 524–536, 2012.
- Georgios Paliouras, “Discovery of Web user communities and their role in personalization,” User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, vol. 22, no. 1-2, pp. 151–175, 2012.
- Giulio Cimini, Duanbing Chen, Matus Medo, Linyuan Lu, Yi-Cheng Zhang, and Tao Zhou, “Enhancing topology adaptation in information-sharing social networks,” Physical Review E, vol. 85, no. 4, 2012.
- Jason J. Jung, “Attribute selection-based recommendation framework for short-head user grou p: An empirical study by MovieLens and IMDB,” Expert Systems With Applications, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 4049–4054, 2012.
- Stephen L. France, J. Douglas Carroll, and Hui Xiong, “Distance metrics for high dimensional nearest neighborhood recovery: Compression and normalization,” Information Sciences, vol. 184, no. 1, pp. 92–110, 2012.
- Ibrahim Yakut, and Huseyin Polat, “Arbitrarily distributed data-based recommendations with privacy,” Data & Knowledge Engineering, vol. 72, pp. 239–256, 2012.
- Jan Nandzik, Berenike Litz, Nicolas Flores-Herr, Aenne Löhden, Iuliu Konya, Doris Baum, André Bergholz, Dirk Schönfuß, Christian Fey, Johannes Osterhoff, Jörg Waitelonis, Harald Sack, Ralf Köhler, and Patrick Ndjiki-Nya, “CONTENTUS—technologies for next generation multimedia libraries,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 287–329, 2012.
- Ibrahim Yakut, and Huseyin Polat, “Privacy-preserving hybrid collaborative filtering on cross distributed data,” Knowledge And Information Systems, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 405–433, 2012.
- Kishor Barman, and Onkar Dabeer, “Analysis of a Collaborative Filter Based on Popularity Amongst Neighbors,” Ieee Transactions On Information Theory, vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 7110–7134, 2012.
- F. van Harmelen, G. Kampis, K. Boerner, P. van den Besselaar, E. Schultes, C. Goble, P. Groth, B. Mons, S. Anderson, S. Decker, C. Hayes, T. Buecheler, and D. Helbing, “Theoretical and technological building blocks for an innovation accelerator,” European Physical Journal-Special Topics, vol. 214, no. 1, pp. 183–214, 2012.
- Linyuan Lü, Matúš Medo, Chi Ho Yeung, Yi-Cheng Zhang, Zi-Ke Zhang, and Tao Zhou, “Recommender systems,” Physics Reports, vol. 519, no. 1, pp. 1–49, 2012.
- Leila Esmaeili, Ramin Nasiri, and Behrouz Minaei-Bidgoli, “Applying Personalized Recommendation for Social Network Marketing,” International Journal of Online Marketing, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 50–63, 2012.
- Victor W. Chu, Raymond K. Wong, and Chi-Hung Chi, “Over-Fitting and Error Detection for Online Role Mining,” International Journal of Web Services Research, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1–23, 2012.
- Michiel Stock, Sven Hoefman, Frederiek-Maarten Kerckhof, Nico Boon, Paul De Vos, Bernard De Baets, Kim Heylen, and Willem Waegeman, “Exploration and prediction of interactions between methanotrophs and heterotrophs,” Research in Microbiology, 2013.
- Hongwei Wang, Wei Wang, Yuan Meng, and Yiwei Zhang, “Degree of user attention to a webpage based on Baidu Index: an alternative to page view,” Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1–15, 2013.
- Xiaolin Zheng, Weifeng Ding, Jingnan Xu, and Deren Chen, “Personalized recommendation based on review topics,” Service Oriented Computing and Applications, 2013.
- Maciej A. Mazurowski, “Estimating confidence of individual rating predictions in collaborative fil tering recommender systems,” Expert Systems With Applications, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 3847–3857, 2013.
- J. Bobadilla, F. Ortega, A. Hernando, and A. Gutiérrez, “Recommender systems survey,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 46, pp. 109–132, 2013.
- Xiwang Yang, Yong Liu, Yang Guo, and Harald Steck, “A survey of collaborative filtering based social recommender systems,” Computer Communications, 2013.
- Shweta Tyagi, and Kamal K. Bharadwaj, “Enhancing collaborative filtering recommendations by utilizing multi-objective particle swarm optimization embedded association rule mining,” Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, 2013.
- Dong Zhou, Mark Truran, Jianxun Liu, and Sanrong Zhang, “Collaborative pseudo-relevance feedback,” Expert Systems with Applications, 2013.
- Surong Yan, Xiaolin Zheng, Yan Wang, and Deren Chen, “Exploiting two-faceted web of trust for enhanced-quality recommendations,” Expert Systems with Applications, 2013.
- Ismail Sengor Altingovde, Özlem Nurcan Subakan, and Özgür Ulusoy, “Cluster searching strategies for collaborative recommendation systems,” Information Processing & Management, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 688–697, 2013.
- Zifang Huang, Mei-Ling Shyu, James M. Tien, Michael M. Vigoda, and David J. Birnbach, “Prediction of Uterine Contractions Using Knowledge-Assisted Sequential Patt ern Analysis,” Ieee Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 1290–1297, 2013.
- Jennifer Nguyen, and Mu Zhu, “Content-boosted matrix factorization techniques for recommender systems,” Statistical Analysis and Data Mining, 2013.
- Rafael Pereira, Hélio Lopes, Karin Breitman, Vicente Mundim, and Wandenberg Peixoto, “Cloud based real-time collaborative filtering for item–item recommendations,” Computers in Industry, 2013.
- Jiliang Tang, Xia Hu, and Huan Liu, “Social recommendation: a review,” Social Network Analysis and Mining, 2013.
- Cheng-Lung Huang, Po-Han Yeh, Cheng-Wei Lin, and Den-Cing Wu, “Utilizing User Tag-Based Interests in Recommender Systems for Social Resource Sharing Websites,” Knowledge-Based Systems, 2013.
- Mustansar Ali Ghazanfar, and Adam Prügel-Bannett, “Leveraging clustering approaches to solve the gray-sheep users problem in recommender systems,” Expert Systems with Applications, 2013.
- Christos Zigkolis, Savvas Karagiannidis, Ioannis Koumarelas, and Athena Vakali, “Integrating similarity and dissimilarity notions in recommenders,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 40, no. 13, pp. 5132–5147, 2013.
- Ya Zhang, Weiyuan Chen, and Zibin Yin, “Collaborative Filtering with Social Regularization for TV Program Recommendation,” Knowledge-Based Systems, 2013.
- Vincenzo Moscato, Antonio Picariello, and Antonio M. Rinaldi, “Towards a user based recommendation strategy for digital ecosystems,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 37, pp. 165–175, 2013.
- Cristian Cechinel, Miguel-Ángel Sicilia, Salvador Sánchez-Alonso, and Elena García-Barriocanal, “Evaluating collaborative filtering recommendations inside large learning object repositories,” Information Processing & Management, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 34–50, 2013.
- Xin Liu, Anwitaman Datta, and Krzysztof Rzadca, “Trust beyond reputation: A computational trust model based on stereotypes,” Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 24–39, 2013.
- Darcy A. Davis, “Bringing Big Data to Personalized Healthcare: A Patient-Centered Framework,” Journal Of General Internal Medicine, vol. 28, pp. S660–S665, 2013.
- Guan Yuan, Shixiong Xia, and Yanmei Zhang, “Interesting Activities Discovery for Moving Objects Based on Collaborative Filtering,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Y. Yuming, and C. M. Tobar, “A Memory-based Collaborative Filtering Algorithm for Recommending Semantic Web Services,” Ieee Latin America Transactions, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 795–801, 2013.