- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 124176, 9 pages
Chaotic Neural Network for Biometric Pattern Recognition
Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 1N4
Received 8 December 2011; Revised 24 February 2012; Accepted 25 February 2012
Academic Editor: Sheryl Brahnam
Copyright © 2012 Kushan Ahmadian and Marina Gavrilova. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. T. Roweis and L. K. Saul, “Nonlinear dimensionality reduction by locally linear embedding,” Science, vol. 290, no. 5500, pp. 2323–2326, 2000.
- Y. Gao and M. K. H. Leung, “Face recognition using line edge map,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 764–779, 2002.
- L. Wiskott, J.-M. Fellous, N. Krüger, and C. D. Von Malsburg, “Face recognition by elastic bunch graph matching,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 775–779, 1997.
- P. J. Phillips, “Support vector machines applied to face recognition,” in Proceedings of Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol. 11, pp. 113–123, 1998.
- M. S. Bartlett, J. R. Movellan, and T. J. Sejnowski, “Face recognition by independent component analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1450–1464, 2002.
- P. N. Belhumeur, J. P. Hespanha, and D. J. Kriegman, “Eigenfaces vs. fisherfaces: recognition using class specific linear projection,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 711–720, 1997.
- K. I. Kim, K. Jung, and H. J. Kim, “Face recognition using kernel principal component analysis,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 40–42, 2002.
- G. Baudat and F. Anouar, “Generalized discriminant analysis using a kernel approach,” Neural Computation, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 2385–2404, 2000.
- S. Z. Li and J. Lu, “Face recognition using the nearest feature line method,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 439–443, 1999.
- P. P. Paul, M. M. Monwar, M. L. Gavrilova, and P. S. P. Wang, “Rotation invariant multiview face detection using skin color regressive model and support vector regression,” International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1261–1280, 2010.
- M. L. Gavrilova and K. Ahmadian, “Dealing with biometric multi-dimensionality through chaotic neural network methodology,” International Journal of Information Technology and Management, vol. 11, no. 1-2, pp. 18–34, 2012.
- H.-P. Kriegel, P. Kröger, and A. Zimek, “Clustering high-dimensional data: a survey on subspace clustering, pattern-based clustering, and correlation clustering,” ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1–58, 2009.
- E. Achtert, C. Böhm, J. David, P. Kröger, and A. Zimek, “Robust clustering in arbitrarily oriented subspaces,” in Proceedings of the 8th SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM '08), pp. 763–774, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 2008.
- W. N. Anderson Jr. and T. D. Morley, “Eigenvalues of the Laplacian of a graph,” Linear and Multilinear Algebra, vol. 18, pp. 141–145, 1985.
- M. Belkin and P. Niyogi, “Laplacian eigenmaps and spectral techniques for embedding and clustering,” in Proceedings of Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol. 14, pp. 1–17, 2002.
- K. Q. Weinberger and L. K. Saul, “Unsupervised learning of image manifolds by semidefinite programming,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 77–90, 2006.