- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 867831, 9 pages
Work Out the Semantic Web Search: The Cooperative Way
1Iscac, Instituto Politécnico de Coimbra, Quinta Agrícola-Bencanta, 3040-316 Coimbra, Portugal
2Centre for Artificial Intelligence (CENTRIA) and Departamento de Informática, FCT/UNL, Quinta da Torre, 2829-516 Caparica, Portugal
3Departamento de Informática, Universidade de Évora, Rua Romão Ramalho, No. 59, 7000-671 Évora, Portugal
Received 16 December 2011; Revised 26 March 2012; Accepted 19 April 2012
Academic Editor: Mladen Stanojević
Copyright © 2012 Dora Melo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Horrocks, “Ontologies and the semantic web,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 58–67, 2008.
- Q. Guo and M. Zhang, “Question answering based on pervasive agent ontology and Semantic Web,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 443–448, 2009.
- L. Hirschman and R. Gaizauskas, “Natural language question answering: the view from here,” Natural Language Engineering, vol. 7, pp. 275–300, 2001.
- C. Fellbaum, WordNet: An Electronic Lexical Database, The MIT Press, 1998.
- S. Auer, C. Bizer, G. Kobilarov, J. Lehmann, R. Cyganiak, and Z. Ives, “DBpedia: a nucleus for a Web of open data,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4825, pp. 722–735, 2007.
- V. Lopez, V. Uren, M. Sabou, and E. Motta, “Is question answering fit for the semantic web? A survey,” Semantic Web, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 125–155, 2011.
- E. Kaufmann and A. Bernstein, “Evaluating the usability of natural language query languages and interfaces to Semantic Web knowledge bases,” Journal of Web Semantics, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 377–393, 2010.
- A. Andrenucci and E. Sneiders, “Automated question answering: review of the main approaches,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Information Technology and Applications (ICITA '05), pp. 514–519, July 2005.
- T. Gaasterland, “Cooperative answering through controlled query relaxation,” IEEE Expert-Intelligent Systems and their Applications, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 48–59, 1997.
- F. Jousse, I. Tellier, M. Tommasi, and P. Marty, “Learning to extract answers in question answering: experimental studies,” Actes de CORIA, pp. 85–100, 2005.
- F. Benamara, “A semantic representation formalism for cooperative question answering systems,” in Proceedings of the Knowledge Base Computer Systems, 2002.
- F. Benamara, “A semantic representation formalism for cooperative question answering systems,” in Proceedings of the Knowledge Base Computer Systems (KBCS '08), 2008.
- D. L. McGuinness, “Question answering on the semantic web,” IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 82–85, 2004.
- F. Corella and K. Lewison, “A brief overview of cooperative answering,” Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, vol. 1, pp. 123–157, 2009.
- T. Gaasterland, P. Godfrey, and J. Minker, “An overview of cooperative answering,” Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 123–157, 1992.
- G. J. de Sena and A. L. Furtado, “Towards a cooperative question-answering model,” Flexible Query Answering Systems, vol. 1495, pp. 354–365, 1998.
- T. Gaasterland, P. Godfrey, J. Minker, and L. Novik, “A cooperative answering system,” in Logic Programming and Automated Reasoning, pp. 478–480, Springer, 1992.
- F. Benamara and P. Saint-Dizier, “Lexicalisation strategies in cooperative question-answering systems,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Computational Linguistics. Number Cruse 1986 in COLING '04, p. 1179, Association for Computational Linguistics, Stroudsburg, Pa, USA, 2004.
- T. Gaasterland, P. Godfrey, and J. Minker, “Relaxation as a platform for cooperative answering,” Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, vol. 1, no. 3-4, pp. 293–321, 1992.
- J. Wielemaker, “An optimised semantic Web query language implementation in prolog,” in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP '05), pp. 128–142, October 2005.
- J. Wielemaker, M. Hildebrand, J. van Ossenbruggen, et al., “Using Prolog as the fundament for applications on the semantic web,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Applications of Logic Programming in the Semantic Web and Semantic Web Services (ALPSWS '07), pp. 84–98, 2007.
- W. Hodges, Classical logic I: first-order logic. The Blackwell guide to philosophical logic, pp. 9–32, 2001.
- J. Barwise and R. Cooper, “Generalized quantifiers and natural language,” Linguistics and Philosophy, vol. 4, pp. 159–219, 1981.
- H. Kamp and U. Reyle, From Discourse to Logic. Volume 42 of Studies in Linguistics and Philosophy, Kluwer, 1993.
- P. Quaresma, I. Rodrigues, C. Prolo, and R. Vieira, “Um sistema de Pergunta-Resposta para uma base de Documentos,” Letras de Hoje, vol. 41, pp. 43–63, 2006.
- S. Witzig and A. Center, Accessing wordnet from prolog. Artificial Intelligence Centre, University of Georgia, pp. 1—18, 2003.
- I. Rodrigues, L. Quintano, and L. Ferreira, “Nl database dialogue question-answering as a constraint satisfaction problem,” in Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Applications of Declarative Programming and Knowledge Management (INAP '09), pp. 97–108, University of Évora, 2009.
- J. M. Almendros-Jimenez, “A prolog-based query language for OWL,” Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 271, pp. 3–22, 2011.
- J. Rabelo and F. Barros, Pergunte! uma interface em português para pergunta-resposta na web [M.S. thesis], Informatics Center, Federal University of Per-nambuco, Brazil, 2004.
- Q. Guo, “Question answering system based on ontology,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA '08), pp. 3347–3352, 2008.
- V. Nogueira and S. Abreu, “Temporal contextual logic programming,” Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 177, pp. 219–233, 2007.
- P. Blackburn and J. Bos, Representation and inference for natural language: a first course in computational semantics. Center for the Study of Language and Information, 2005.
- V. Lopez and E. Motta, Poweraqua: Fishing the semantic web. Semantic Web: Research and Applications, 2006.
- J. Minker, “An overview of cooperative answering in databases,” Flexible Query Answering Systems, pp. 282–285, 1998.
- F. Benamara, “Generating intensional answers in intelligent question answering systems,” Natural Language Generation, pp. 11–20, 2004.
- F. Benamara, “Cooperative question answering in restricted domains: the WE-BCOOP experiment,” in Proceedings of the Workshop Question Answering in Restricted Domains, within ACL, 2004.