- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 930740, 9 pages
Power Transformer Differential Protection Based on Neural Network Principal Component Analysis, Harmonic Restraint and Park's Plots
Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247 667, India
Received 8 May 2012; Accepted 14 July 2012
Academic Editor: Deacha Puangdownreong
Copyright © 2012 Manoj Tripathy. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Tripathy, R. P. Maheshwari, and H. K. Verma, “Advances in transformer protection: a review,” Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 1203–1209, 2005.
- P. Arboleya, G. Díaz, J. Gómez-Aleixandre, and C. González-Morán, “A solution to the dilemma inrush/fault in transformer differential relaying using MRA and wavelets,” Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 285–301, 2006.
- H. K. Verma and G. C. Kakoti, “Algorithm for harmonic restraint differential relaying based on the discrete Hartley transform,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 125–129, 1990.
- M. C. Shin, C. W. Park, and J. H. Kim, “Fuzzy logic-based relaying for large power transformer protection,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 718–724, 2003.
- S. A. Saleh and M. A. Rahman, “Modeling and protection of a three-phase power transformer using wavelet packet transform,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 1273–1282, 2005.
- S. Ala, M. Tripathy, and A. K. Singh, “Identification of internal faults in power transformer using symmetrical components and Park's plots,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Power Systems, IIT, Kharagpur, India, December 2009.
- X. Ma and J. Shi, “New method for discrimination between fault and magnetizing inrush current using HMM,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 43–49, 2000.
- D. Barbosa, U. C. Netto, D. V. Coury, and M. Oleskovicz, “Power transformer differential protection based on Clarke's transform and fuzzy systems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 1212–1220, 2011.
- J. Ma, Z. Wang, Q. Yang, and Y. Liu, “Identifying transformer inrush current based on normalized grille curve,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 588–595, 2011.
- L. G. Perez, A. J. Flechsig, J. L. Meador, and Z. Obradovic, “Training an artificial neural network to discriminate between magnetizing inrush and internal faults,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 434–441, 1994.
- P. Bastard, M. Meunier, and H. Regal, “Neural network-based algorithm for power transformer differential relays,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 142, no. 4, pp. 386–392, 1995.
- J. E. Jackson, A User's Guide to Principal components, Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2003.
- S. Haykin, Neural Network: A Comprehensive Foundation, Pearson Education, New Delhi, India, 2008.
- C. M. Bishop, Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- D. Woodford, Introduction To PSCAD V3, Manitoba HVDC Research Centre, Manitoba, Canada, 2001.
- S. E. Zocholl, Analyzing and Applying Current Transformers, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Pullman, Wash, USA, 2004.
- M. S. Sachdev, “Microprocessor relays and protection systems,” IEEE Tutorial Course Text 88EH0269-1-PWR, 1988.
- M. R. Zaman and M. A. Rahman, “Experimental testing of the artificial neural network based protection of power transformers,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 510–515, 1998.