- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 578710, 14 pages
Discrete Artificial Bee Colony for Computationally Efficient Symbol Detection in Multidevice STBC MIMO Systems
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5A 1S6
Received 1 June 2012; Accepted 31 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jun He
Copyright © 2013 Saeed Ashrafinia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. J. Foschini and M. J. Gans, “On limits of wireless communications in a fading environment when using multiple antennas,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 311–335, 1998.
- E. Telatar, “Capacity of multi-antenna Gaussian channels,” European Transactions on Telecommunications, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 585–595, 1999.
- V. Tarokh, N. Seshadri, and A. R. Calderbank, “Space-time codes for high data rate wireless communication: performance criterion and code construction,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 744–765, 1998.
- A. Paulraj, R. Nabar, and D. Gore, Introduction to Space-Time Wireless Communications, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2003.
- B. Hassibi and H. Vikalo, “On the sphere decoding algorithm: part I, the expected complexity,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 2806–2818, 2005.
- J. Jaldén and B. Ottersten, “On the complexity of sphere decoding in digital communications,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1474–1484, 2005.
- D. Karaboga, “An Idea Based on Honey Bee Swarm for Numerical Optimization,” Tech. Rep. Tr06, Erciyes University, Engineering Faculty, Computer Engineering Department, 2005.
- D. Karaboga and B. Akay, “A comparative study of Artificial Bee Colony algorithm,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 214, no. 1, pp. 108–132, 2009.
- S. Ashrafinia, U. Pareek, M. Naeem, and D. Lee, “Biogeography-based optimization for joint relay assignment and power allocation in cognitive radio systems,” in Proceedings of the Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence, IEEE SSCI 2011— IEEE Symposium on Swarm Intelligence (SIS '11), pp. 237–244, Paris, France, April 2011.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, vol. 4, pp. 1942–1948, November/December 1995.
- D. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, 1989.
- D. Karaboga, C. Ozturk, N. Karaboga, and B. Gorkemli, “Artificial bee colony programming for symbolic regression,” Information Sciences, vol. 209, pp. 1–15, 2012.
- N. Q. Uy, N. X. Hoai, M. O'Neill, R. I. McKay, and E. Galván-López, “Semantically-based crossover in genetic programming: application to real-valued symbolic regression,” Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 91–119, 2011.
- S. N. Omkar, J. Senthilnath, R. Khandelwal, G. Narayana Naik, and S. Gopalakrishnan, “Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) for multi-objective design optimization of composite structures,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 489–499, 2011.
- J. D. Schaffer, Multi-objective optimization with vector evaluated genetic algorithms [Ph.D. thesis], 1984.
- C. Xu, H. Duan, and F. Liu, “Chaotic artificial bee colony approach to Uninhabited Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV) path planning,” Aerospace Science and Technology, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 535–541, 2010.
- N. Karaboga, “A new design method based on artificial bee colony algorithm for digital IIR filters,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 346, no. 4, pp. 328–348, 2009.
- J. Liang, M. Guo, Y. Fan, Y. Yin, and M. Ma, “SAR image segmentation based on Artificial Bee Colony algorithm,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 11, pp. 5205–5214, 2011.
- M. Cengiz Taplamacioglu and H. Gozde, “Comparative performance analysis of artificial bee colony algorithm for automatic voltage regulator (AVR) system,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 348, pp. 1927–1946, 2011.
- M. Sonmez, “Artificial Bee Colony algorithm for optimization of truss structures,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 2406–2418, 2011.
- H. Narasimhan, “Parallel artificial bee colony (PABC) algorithm,” in Proceedings of the World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired Computing (NABIC '09), pp. 306–311, Coimbatore, India, December 2009.
- B. Akay, C. Ozturk, and D. Karaboga, “Artificial bee colony (ABC) optimization algorithm for training feed-forward neural networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Modeling Decisions for Artificial Intelligence (MDAI '07), Berlin, Germany, 2007.
- H. A. A. Bahamish, R. Abdullah, and R. A. Salam, “Protein tertiary structure prediction using artificial bee colony algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 3rd Asia International Conference on Modelling and Simulation (AMS '09), pp. 258–263, Bali, Indonesia, May 2009.
- D. Karaboga and B. Basturk, “A powerful and efficient algorithm for numerical function optimization: artificial bee colony (ABC) algorithm,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 459–471, 2007.
- M. Nekuii, M. Kisialiou, T. N. Davidson, and Z. Q. Luo, “Efficient soft demodulation of MIMO QPSK via semidefinite relaxation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP '08), pp. 2665–2668, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, April 2008.
- J. A. Lozano, Estimation of Distribution Algorithms: A New Tool for Evolutionary Computation, Springer, 2002.
- D. Simon, “Biogeography-based optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 702–713, 2008.
- B. Hassibi and B. M. Hochwald, “High-rate codes that are linear in space and time,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 1804–1824, 2002.
- R. Storn and K. Price, “Differential evolution—a simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 341–359, 1997.
- M. Dorigo, V. Maniezzo, and A. Colorni, “Ant system: optimization by a colony of cooperating agents,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 29–41, 1996.
- P. W. Tsai, J. S. Pan, B. Y. Liao, and S. C. Chu, “Enhanced artificial bee colony optimization,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 5081–5092, 2009.
- J. Wang, T. Li, and R. Ren, “Real time IDSs based on artificial bee colony-support vector machine algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Advanced Computational Intelligence (IWACI '10), pp. 91–96, Suzhou, China, August 2010.
- M. Salim and M. T. Vakil-Baghmisheh, “Discrete bee algorithms and their application in multivariable function optimization,” Artificial Intelligence Review, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 73–84, 2011.
- O. Damen, A. Chkeif, and J. C. Belfiore, “Lattice code decoder for space-time codes,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 161–163, 2000.
- C. Comaniciu, N. B. Mandayam, and H. V. Poor, Wireless Networks: Multiuser Detection in Cross-Layer Design, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- M. Kisialiou and Z. Q. Luo, “Performance analysis of quasi-maximum-likelihood detector based on semi-definite programming,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '05), pp. III433–III436, March 2005.