- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 920157, 10 pages
Conservative Intensional Extension of Tarski's Semantics
International Society for Research in Science and Technology, P.O. Box 2464, Tallahassee, FL 32316-2464, USA
Received 30 May 2012; Revised 12 October 2012; Accepted 23 October 2012
Academic Editor: Konstantinos Lefkimmiatis
Copyright © 2013 Zoran Majkić. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Pustejovsky and B. Boguraev, “Lexical knowledge representation and natural language processing,” Artificial Intelligence, vol. 63, no. 1-2, pp. 193–223, 1993.
- M. Fitting, “First-order intensional logic,” Annals of Pure and Applied Logic, vol. 127, no. 1–3, pp. 171–193, 2004.
- T. Braüner, “Adding intensional machinery to hybrid logic,” Journal of Logic and Computation, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 631–648, 2008.
- T. Braüner and S. Ghilardi, “First-order modal logic,” in Handbook of Modal Logic, pp. 549–620, Elsevier, 2007.
- S. Bond and M. Denecker, “I-logic: an intensional logic of informations,” in Proceedings of the 19th Belgian-Dutch Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 49–56, Utrecht, The Netherlands, November 2007.
- M. A. Orgun and W. W. Wadge, “Towards a unified theory of intensional logic programming,” The Journal of Logic Programming, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 413–440, 1992.
- G. Bealer, “Universals,” The Journal of Philosophy, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 5–32, 1993.
- G. Bealer, “Theories of properties, relations, and propositions,” The Journal of Philosophy, vol. 76, no. 11, pp. 634–648, 1979.
- E. F. Codd, “Relational completeness of data base sublanguages,” in Data Base Systems: Courant Computer Science Symposia Series 6, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1972.
- D. K. Lewis, On the Plurality of Worlds, Blackwell, Oxford, UK, 1986.
- R. Stalnaker, Inquiry, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1984.
- R. Montague, “Universal grammar,” Theoria, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 373–398, 1970.
- R. Montague, “The proper treatment of quantification in ordinary English,” in Approaches to Natural Language, J. Hintikka, P. Suppes, J. M. E. Moravcsik, et al., Eds., pp. 221–242, Reidel, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1973.
- R. Montague, Formal Philosophy. Selected Papers of Richard Montague, Yale University Press, London, UK, 1974.
- Z. Majkić, “First-order logic: modality and intensionality,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1103.0680v1.
- Z. Majkić, “Intensional first-order logic for P2P database systems,” in Journal on Data Semantics 12, vol. 5480 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 131–152, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2009.
- Z. Majkić, “Intensional semantics for RDF data structures,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Symposium on Database Engineering & Applications Systems (IDEAS '08), pp. 69–77, Coimbra, Portugal, September, 2008.
- G. Bealer, Quality and Concept, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- Z. Majkić, “Weakly-coupled ontology integration of P2P database systems,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Knowledge Management (P2PKM '04), Boston, Mass, USA, August 2004.
- Z. Majkić, “Intensional P2P mapping between RDF ontologies,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Web Information Systems (WISE '05), M. Kitsuregawa, Ed., vol. 3806 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 592–594, New York, NY, USA, November 2005.
- Z. Majkić, “Intensional semantics for P2P data integration,” in Journal on Data Semantics 6, vol. 4090 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Special Issue on ‘Emergent Semantics’, pp. 47–66, 2006.
- Z. Majkić, “Non omniscient intensional contextual reasoning for query-agents in P2P systems,” in Proceedings of the 3rd Indian International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IICAI '07), Pune, India, December 2007.
- Z. Majkić, “Coalgebraic specification of query computation in intensional P2P database systems,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Theoretical and Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science (TMFCS '08), pp. 14–23, Orlando, Fla, USA, July 2008.
- Z. Majkić, “RDF view-based interoperability in intensional FOL for Peer-to-Peer database systems,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems and Web Technologies (EISWT '08), pp. 88–96, Orlando, Fla, USA, July 2008.
- L. Henkin, J. D. Monk, and A. Tarski, Cylindic Algebras I, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1971.
- A. Pirotte, “A precise definition of basic relational notions and of the relational algebra,” ACM SIGMOD Record, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 30–45, 1982.
- G. Frege, “Über Sinn und Bedeutung,” Zeitschrift für Philosophie und philosophische Kritik, vol. 100, pp. 22–50, 1892.
- B. Russell, “On Denoting,” in Logic and Knowledge, vol. 14 of Mind, Reprinted in Russell, pp. 479–493, 1905.
- A. N. Whitehead and B. Russell, Principia Mathematica, vol. 1, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1910.
- R. Carnap, Meaning and Necessity, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1947.