- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Neural Systems
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 724092, 10 pages
Automatic Estimation of the Dynamics of Channel Conductance Using a Recurrent Neural Network
Graduate School of Life Science and Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 2-4 Hibikino, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu-shi, Fukuoka 808-0196, Japan
Received 1 April 2008; Revised 28 June 2008; Accepted 4 October 2008
Academic Editor: Akira Imada
Copyright © 2009 Masaaki Takahashi and Kiyohisa Natsume. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. L. Hines and N. T. Carnevale, “The NEURON simulation environment,” Neural Computation, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1179–1209, 1997.
- J. M. Bower and D. Beeman, The Book of GENESIS: Exploring Realistic Neural Models with the General Neural Simulation System, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1998.
- K. Doya, A. I. Slverston, and P. F. Rowat, “A Hodgkin-Huxley type neuron model that learns slow non-spike oscillation,” in Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol. 6, pp. 566–573, Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1994.
- E. M. Izhikevich, Dynamical Systems in Neuroscience: The Geometry of Excitability and Bursting, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2007.
- M. Takahashi, C. Youbo, M. Ishikawa, and K. Natsume, “Simulation of neuronal activity using recurrent neural network,” in Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Workshop on Nonlinear Dynamics of Electronic Systems (NDES '07), pp. 78–81, Tokushima, Japan, July 2007.
- A. L. Hodgkin and A. F. Huxley, “A quantitative description of membrane current and its application to conduction and excitation in nerve,” The Journal of Physiology, vol. 117, pp. 500–544, 1952.
- M. Jordan, “A parallel distributed processing approach,” ICS Report 8604, Institute for Cognitive Science, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, Calif, USA, 1986.
- J. L. Elman, “Finding structure in time,” Cognitive Science, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 179–211, 1990.
- A. Waibel, T. Hanazawa, G. Hinton, K. Shikano, and K. J. Lang, “Phoneme recognition using time-delay neural networks,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 328–339, 1989.
- D. E. Rumelhart, G. E. Hinton, and R. J. Williams, “Learning internal representations by error propagation,” in Parallel Distributed Processing: Explorations in the Microstructure of Cognition, Vol. 1: Foundations, chapter 8, pp. 318–362, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1986.
- A. R. Kay and R. K. S. Wong, “Calcium current activation kinetics in isolated pyramidal neurones of the Ca1 region of the mature guinea-pig hippocampus,” The Journal of Physiology, vol. 392, pp. 603–616, 1987.
- B. Naundorf, F. Wolf, and M. Volgushev, “Unique features of action potential initiation in cortical neurons,” Nature, vol. 440, no. 7087, pp. 1060–1063, 2006.