- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Neural Systems
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 942697, 9 pages
Design of Adaptive Filter Using Jordan/Elman Neural Network in a Typical EMG Signal Noise Removal
1Electronics Department, Government Polytechnic, Amravati, (M.S.) 444 604, India
2Technological University, Lonere, Dist. Raigarh, (M.S.), India
Received 28 July 2008; Revised 24 November 2008; Accepted 3 February 2009
Academic Editor: Yasar Becerikli
Copyright © 2009 V. R. Mankar and A. A. Ghatol. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. D. Bronzino, Ed., The Biomedical Engineering Handbook, J. D. Bronzino, Ed., CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1995.
- L. C. Brush, et al., The Guide to Biomedical Standards, Quest, Bera, Calif, USA, 20th edition, 1995.
- B. J. Cohen, Medical Terminology: An Illustrated Guide, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2nd edition, 1995.
- L. Cromwell, F. J. Wiebell, and E. A. Pfeiffer, Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurements, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 1980.
- J. G. Webster, Ed., Medical Instrumentation: Application and Design, J. G. Webster, Ed., John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2001.
- W. J. Tompkins, Ed., Biomedical Digital Signal Processing, W. J. Tompkins, Ed., Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1999.
- L. Cromwell, F. J. Wiebell, and E. A. Pfeiffer, Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurements, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 2004.
- E. C. Eugène, “Discriminating Noisy Sentences with Partially Recurrent Neural Networks,” June 2008, http://www.cari-info.org/actes2006/59.pdf.
- D. Wang, “Temporal pattern processing,” in The Handbook of Brain Theory and Neural Networks, pp. 1163–1167, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 2003.
- D. L. Wang and B. Yuwono, “Incremental learning of complex temporal patterns,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1465–1481, 1996.
- Q. Xue, Y. H. Hu, and W. J. Tompkins, “Neural-network-based adaptive matched filtering for QRS detection,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 317–329, 1992.
- R. D. de Veaux, J. Schumi, J. Schweinsberg, and L. H. Ungar, “Prediction intervals for neural networks via nonlinear regression,” Technometrics, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 273–282, 1998.
- J. C. Principe, N. R. Euliano, and W. C. Lefebvre, Neural and Adaptive Systems, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- S. Haykin, Adaptive Filter Theory, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1986.
- B. Widrow, J. R. Glover, Jr., J. M. McCool, et al., “Adaptive noise cancelling: principles and applications,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 1692–1716, 1975.
- R. S. Khandpur, Handbook of Biomedical Instrumentation, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, India, 2001.
- A. Zeghbib, F. Palis, N. Shoylev, V. Mladenov, and N. Mastorakis, “Sampling frequency and pass-band frequency effects on neuromuscular signals (EMG) recognition,” in Proceedings of the 6th WSEAS International Conference on Signal Processing, Robotics and Automation (ISPRA '07), pp. 107–114, Corfu Island, Greece, February 2007.
- U. Gündoğdu, A. Sayin, A. Akan, Y. Arslan, E. K. Orhan, and M. B. Baslo, “Investigation of muscle fatigue using temporal and spectral moments,” in Proceedings of the 5th WSEAS International Conference on Signal Processing (SIP '06), pp. 10–14, Istanbul, Turkey, May 2006.
- M. Cabrerizo, M. Adjouadi, M. Ayala, I. Yaylali, A. Barreto, and N. Rishe, “EEG analysis using neural networks for seizure detection,” in Proceedings of the 6th WSEAS International Conference on Signal Processing, Robotics and Automation (ISPRA '07), pp. 121–126, Corfu Island, Greece, February 2007.
- D. Coufal, “Classification of EEG signals by radial neuro-fuzzy system,” in Proceedings of the 4th WSEAS International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Man-Machine Systems and Cybernetics (CIMMACS '05), pp. 224–232, Miami, Fla, USA, November 2005.
- M. S. Chavan, R. Agarwala, and M. D. Uplane, “Use of Kaiser window for ECG processing,” in Proceedings of the 5th WSEAS International Conference on Signal Processing, Robotics and Automation (ISPRA '06), pp. 285–289, Madrid, Spain, February 2006.
- H. Husain and L. L. Fatt, “Effecient ECG signal classification using sparsely connected radial basis function neural network,” in Proceedings of the 6th WSEAS International Conference on Circuits, Systems, Electronics, Control & Signal Processing (CSECS '07), pp. 412–416, Cairo, Egypt, December 2007.
- M. Arezki, A. Benallal, P. Meyrueis, A. Guessoum, and D. Berkani, “Analysis of fast recursive least squares algorithms for adaptive filtering,” in Proceedings of the 11th WSEAS International Conference on Systems, vol. 2, pp. 473–480, Crete Island, Greece, July 2007.
- C. Li and K.-H. Cheng, “Adaptive noise cancellation with computational-intelligence-based approach,” in Proceedings of the 5th WSEAS International Conference on Signal Processing (SIP '06), pp. 93–98, Istanbul, Turkey, May 2006.
- E. A. Clancy and N. Hogan, “Multiple site electromyograph amplitude estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 203–211, 1995.
- Y. St-Amant, D. Rancourt, and E. A. Clancy, “Influence of smoothing window length on electromyogram amplitude estimates,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 795–800, 1998.
- L. Wang and T. S. Buchanan, “Prediction of joint moments using a neural network model of muscle activations from EMG signals,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 30–37, 2002.
- A. Hamilton-Wright and D. W. Stashuk, “Physiologically based simulation of clinical EMG signals,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 171–183, 2005.
- Z. Zhang, Z. Tang, and C. Vairappan, “A novel learning method for Elman neural network using local search,” Neural Information Processing—Letters and Reviews, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 181–188, 2007.