- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Neural Systems
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 142540, 10 pages
A Sequential Algorithm for Training the SOM Prototypes Based on Higher-Order Recursive Equations
Department of Electrical Systems and Automation, University of Pisa, via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Received 29 July 2010; Accepted 27 November 2010
Academic Editor: Songcan Chen
Copyright © 2010 Mauro Tucci and Marco Raugi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Kohonen, “The self-organizing map,” Neurocomputing, vol. 21, no. 1–3, pp. 1–6, 1998.
- T. Kohonen, Self-Organization and Associative Memory, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 3rd edition, 1989.
- T. Kohonen, Self-Organizing Maps, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 3rd edition, 2001.
- S. Kaski, T. Honkela, K. Lagus, and T. Kohonen, “WEBSOM—self-organizing maps of document collections,” Neurocomputing, vol. 21, no. 1–3, pp. 101–117, 1998.
- T. Kohonen and P. Somervuo, “Self-organizing maps of symbol strings,” Neurocomputing, vol. 21, no. 1–3, pp. 19–30, 1998.
- T. Kohonen, E. Oja, O. Simula, A. Visa, and J. Kangas, “Engineering applications of the self-organizing map,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 84, no. 10, pp. 1358–1383, 1996.
- E. Erwin, K. Obermayer, and K. Schulten, “Self-organizing maps: ordering, convergence properties and energy functions,” Biological Cybernetics, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 47–55, 1992.
- E. Meŕenyi, A. Jain, and T. Villmann, “Explicit magnification control of self-organizing maps for "Forbidden" data,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 786–797, 2007.
- Y. Zheng and J. F. Greenleaf, “The effect of concave and convex weight adjustments on self-organizing maps,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 87–96, 1996.
- J. Cho, A. R. C. Paiva, S. P. Kim, J. C. Sanchez, and J. C. Príncipe, “Self-organizing maps with dynamic learning for signal reconstruction,” Neural Networks, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 274–284, 2007.
- Y. M. Cheung and L. T. Law, “Rival-model penalized self-organizing map,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 289–295, 2007.
- S. Cho and J. Seok, “Self-organizing map with time-invariant learning rate and its exponential stability analysis,” Neurocomputing, vol. 19, no. 1–3, pp. 1–11, 1998.
- D. Theofilou, V. Steuber, and E. De Schutter, “Novelty detection in a Kohonen-like network with a long-term depression learning rule,” Neurocomputing, vol. 52-54, pp. 411–417, 2003.
- E. Berglund and J. Sitte, “The parameterless self-organizing map algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 305–316, 2006.
- H. Shah-Hosseini and R. Safabakhsh, “TASOM: a new time adaptive self-organizing map,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 271–282, 2003.
- K. Haese, “Self-organizing feature maps with self-adjusting learning parameters,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1270–1278, 1998.
- A. Antoniou, Digital Filters: Analysis, Design, and Applications, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- T. M. Martinetz, S. G. Berkovich, and K. J. Schulten, “'Neural-gas' network for vector quantization and its application to time-series prediction,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 558–569, 1993.
- A. Ultsch, “U*-matrix: a tool to visualize clusters in high dimensional data,” Tech. Rep., University of Marburg, 2000.
- D. Lepetz, M. Némoz-Gaillard, and M. Aupetit, “Concerning the differentiability of the energy function in vector quantization algorithms,” Neural Networks, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 621–630, 2007.
- J. Rynkiewicz, “Self-organizing map algorithm and distortion measure,” Neural Networks, vol. 19, no. 6-7, pp. 830–837, 2006.
- R. A. Fisher, “The use of multiple measurements in taxonomic problems,” Annals of Eugenics, vol. 7, pp. 179–188, 1936.