- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Neural Systems
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 374816, 8 pages
Multilayer Perceptron for Prediction of 2006 World Cup Football Game
Department of Computer Science, National Chiao Tung University, 1001 University Road, Hsinchu 30010, Taiwan
Received 9 May 2011; Revised 9 September 2011; Accepted 23 September 2011
Academic Editor: Mohamed A. Zohdy
Copyright © 2011 Kou-Yuan Huang and Kai-Ju Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. C. Purucker, “Neural network quarterbacking,” IEEE Potentials, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 9–15, 1996.
- E. M. Condon, B. L. Golden, and E. A. Wasil, “Predicting the success of nations at the Summer Olympics using neural networks,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 26, no. 13, pp. 1243–1265, 1999.
- A. P. Rotshtein, M. Posner, and A. B. Rakityanskaya, “Football predictions based on a fuzzy model with genetic and neural tuning,” Cybernetics and Systems Analysis, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 619–630, 2005.
- A. J. Silva, A. M. Costa, P. M. Oliveira et al., “The use of neural network technology to model swimming performance,” Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 117–125, 2007.
- “FIFA World Cup Germany—match schedule, matches and results, and statistics reports,” 2006, http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com.
- Official website of FIFA, http://www.fifa.com.
- D. E. Rumelhart, G. E. Hinton, and R. J. Williams, “Learning representations by back-propagating errors,” Nature, vol. 323, no. 6088, pp. 533–536, 1986.
- D. E. Rumelhart and J. L. McClelland, Parallel Distributed Processing: Explorations in the Microstructure of Cognition, vol. 1, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1986.
- K.-Y. Huang, Neural Networks and Pattern Recognition, Weikeg Publishing Co., Taipei, Taiwan, 2003.
- G. Mirchandani and W. Cao, “On hidden nodes for neural nets,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 661–664, 1989.
- V. Kecman, Learning and Soft Computing: Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, and Fuzzy Logic Models, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2001.
- K. Fukunaga, Statistical Pattern Recognition, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1990.
- F. Møller, “A scaled conjugate gradient algorithm for fast supervised learning,” Neural Networks, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 525–533, 1993.
- M. T. Hagan, H. B. Demuth, and M. Beale, Neural Network Design, PWS Publishing Company, Boston, Mass, USA, 1996.
- S. Haykin, Neural Networks and Learning Machine, Pearson Education, 3rd edition, 2009.
- S. Kirkpatrick, C. D. Gelatt, and M. P. Vecchi, “Optimization by simulated annealing,” Science, vol. 220, no. 4598, pp. 671–680, 1983.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, University of Michigan Press, 1975.
- S. Theodoridis and K. Koutroumbas, Pattern Recognition, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 2009.