- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Neural Systems
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 431357, 9 pages
Adaptive Neurofuzzy Inference System-Based Pollution Severity Prediction of Polymeric Insulators in Power Transmission Lines
1Department of Electrical Engineering, K. S. Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode 637 215, India
2Department of Electrical Engineering, SonaPERT R&D Centre, Sona College of Technology, Salem 636 005, India
Received 11 January 2011; Revised 13 April 2011; Accepted 16 June 2011
Academic Editor: Christian Mayr
Copyright © 2011 C. Muniraj and S. Chandrasekar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. S. T. Looms, Insulators for High Voltages, IEE Series, 1990.
- R. S. Gorur, E. A. Cherney, and J. T. Burnham, Outdoor Insulators, Ravi S. Gorur, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, 1999.
- R. Dass, “Grid disturbance in India on 2nd January 2001,” Electra, no. 196, pp. 6–15, 2001.
- “CEA enquiry committee report of Grid incident of Northern region,” 2007.
- S. Kumagai and N. Yoshimura, “Leakage current characterization for estimating the conditions of ceramic and polymeric insulating surfaces,” IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 681–690, 2004.
- T. Suda, “Frequency characteristics of leakage current waveforms of an artificially polluted suspension insulator,” IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 705–709, 2001.
- B. S. Reddy and G. R. Nagabhushana, “Study of leakage current behaviour on artificially polluted surface of ceramic insulator,” Plasma Science and Technology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1921–1926, 2003.
- R. Sarathi and S. Chandrasekar, “Diagnostic study of the surface condition of the insulation structure using wavelet transform and neural networks,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 137–147, 2004.
- S. Chandrasekar and C. Kalaivanan, “Investigations on harmonic contents of leakage current of porcelain insulator under polluted conditions,” in Proceedings of the Fifteenth National Power Systems Conference (NPSC), pp. 340–344, 2008.
- P. Cline, W. Lannes, and G. Richards, “Use of pollution monitors with a neural network to predict insulator flashover,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 27–33, 1997.
- V. T. Kontargyri, A. A. Gialketsi, G. J. Tsekouras, I. F. Gonos, and I. A. Stathopulos, “Design of an artificial neural network for the estimation of the flashover voltage on insulators,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 77, no. 12, pp. 1532–1540, 2007.
- S. Al Alawi, M. A. Salam, A. A. Maqrashi, and H. Ahmad, “Prediction of flashover voltage of contaminated insulator using artificial neural networks,” Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 831–840, 2006.
- S. A. Ahmad, P. S. Ghosh, S. S. Ahmed, and S. A.-K Aljunid, “Assessment of ESDD on high voltage insulators using artificial neural network,” Electic Power Systems Research, vol. 72, pp. 131–136, 2004.
- J. Li, C. Sun, W. Sima, Q. Yang, and J. Hu, “Contamination level prediction of insulators based on the characteristics of leakage current,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 25, no. 1, Article ID 5345710, pp. 417–424, 2010.
- IEC 60507, “Artificial pollution tests on high voltage insulators to be used on AC systems,” 1991.
- S. C. Oliveira, E. Fontana, and F. J. D. M. de Melo Cavalcanti, “Leakage current activity on glass-type insulators of overhead transmission lines in the ortheast region of Brazil,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 822–827, 2009.
- S. Haykin, Neural Networks: A comprehensive Foundation, Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1999.
- B. Yegnanarayana, Artificial Neural Networks, Prentice Hall of India, 1999.
- J. S. R. Jang, “Adaptive-network-based fuzzy inference system,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 665–685, 1993.
- C. P. Kurian, J. George, I. J. Bhat, and R. S. Aithal, “ANFIS model for the time series prediction of interior daylight illuminance,” Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Journal, vol. 6, pp. 35–40, 2006.
- J.-S. R. Jang, C.-T. Sun, and E. Mizutani, Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing: A Computational Approach to Learning and Machine Intelligence, Prentice Hall of India, 2006.