- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Neural Systems
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 786535, 9 pages
A New Procedure for Damage Assessment of Prestressed Concrete Beams Using Artificial Neural Network
Department of Civil and Structural Engineering, Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, Annamalainagar 608 002, India
Received 31 May 2011; Revised 24 August 2011; Accepted 24 August 2011
Academic Editor: Wilson Wang
Copyright © 2011 K. Sumangala and C. Antony Jeyasehar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. M. Abdel Wahab and G. Roeck, “Damage detection in bridges using modal curvatures: application to a real damage scenario,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 226, no. 2, pp. 217–235, 1999.
- Z. Zhengjie, D. W. Leon, F. S. Bruce, et al., “Structural health monitoring of precast concrete box girders using selected vibration-based damage detection methods,” Advances in Civil Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 280685, 21 pages, 2010.
- P. Cawley and R. D. Adams, “The location of defects in structures from measurements of natural frequencies,” Journal of Strain Analysis, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 49–57, 1979.
- H. Abdul Razak and F. C. Choi, “The effect of corrosion on the natural frequency and modal damping of reinforced concrete beams,” Engineering Structures, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1126–1133, 2001.
- A. Carpinteri, S. Invernizzi, and G. Lacidogna, “In situ damage assessment and nonlinear modelling of a historical masonry tower,” Engineering Structures, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 387–395, 2005.
- X. Wu, J. Ghaboussi, and J. H. Garrett, “Use of neural networks in detection of structural damage,” Computers and Structures, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 649–659, 1992.
- Q. Chen, Y. W. Chan, and K. Worden, “Structural fault diagnosis and isolation using neural networks based on response-only data,” Computers and Structures, vol. 81, no. 22-23, pp. 2165–2172, 2003.
- X. Fang, H. Luo, and J. Tang, “Structural damage detection using neural network with learning rate improvement,” Computers and Structures, vol. 83, no. 25-26, pp. 2150–2161, 2005.
- J. L. Zapico, K. Worden, and F. J. Molina, “Vibration-based damage assessment in steel frames using neural networks,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 553–559, 2001.
- K. V. Yuen and H. F. Lam, “On the complexity of artificial neural networks for smart structures monitoring,” Engineering Structures, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 977–984, 2006.
- N. Bakhary, H. Hao, and A. J. Deeks, “Damage detection using artificial neural network with consideration of uncertainties,” Engineering Structures, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 2806–2815, 2007.
- O. R. de Lautour and P. Omenzetter, “Prediction of seismic-induced structural damage using artificial neural networks,” Engineering Structures, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 600–606, 2009.
- D. Ambrosini, B Luccioni, and R. Danesi, “Theoretical–experimental determination in prestressed concrete beams,” NDT Net, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 1–5, 2000.
- C. Antony Jeyasehar and K. Sumangala, “Nondestructive evaluation of prestressed concrete beams using an artificial neural network (ANN) approach,” Structural Health Monitoring, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 313–323, 2006.
- K. Sumangala, Damage assessment and rehabilitation of prestressed concrete rectangular beams, Ph.D. thesis, Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, India, 2005.