- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Acoustics and Vibration
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 403684, 13 pages
Free Vibration of Laminated Composite Hypar Shell Roofs with Cutouts
Department of Civil Engineering, Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, Kolkata 700107, India
Received 6 May 2011; Revised 20 September 2011; Accepted 20 September 2011
Academic Editor: K. M. Liew
Copyright © 2011 Sarmila Sahoo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Chakravorty, P. K. Sinha, and J. N. Bandyopadhyay, “Applications of FEM on free and forced vibration of laminated shells,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 124, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 1998.
- J. N. Reddy, “Large amplitude flexural vibration of layered composite plates with cutouts,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 1982.
- S. K. Malhotra, N. Ganesan, and M. A. Veluswami, “Vibration of composite plates with cut-outs,” Journal of Aeronautical Society of India, vol. 41, pp. 61–64, 1989.
- B. Sivasubramonian, A. M. Kulkarni, G. Venkateswara Rao, and A. Krishnan, “Free vibration of curved panels with cutouts,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 200, no. 2, pp. 227–234, 1997.
- K. Sivakumar, N. G. R. Iyengar, and K. Deb, “Free vibration of laminated composite plates with cutout,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 221, no. 3, pp. 443–465, 1999.
- R. E. Rossi, “Transverse vibrations of thin, orthotropic rectangular plates with rectangular cutouts with fixed boundaries,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 221, no. 4, pp. 733–736, 1999.
- M. Huang and T. Sakiyama, “Free vibration analysis of rectangular plates with variously-shaped holes,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 226, no. 4, pp. 769–786, 1999.
- S. S. Hota and P. Padhi, “Vibration of plates with arbitrary shapes of cutouts,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 302, no. 4-5, pp. 1030–1036, 2007.
- B. Sivasubramonian, G. V. Rao, and A. Krishnan, “Free vibration of longitudinally stiffened curved panels with cutout,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 226, no. 1, pp. 41–55, 1999.
- S. S. Hota and D. Chakravorty, “Free vibration of stiffened conoidal shell roofs with cutouts,” JVC/Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 221–240, 2007.
- N. Nanda and J. N. Bandyopadhyay, “Nonlinear free vibration analysis of laminated composite cylindrical shells with cutouts,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, vol. 26, no. 14, pp. 1413–1427, 2007.
- M. S. Qatu, Vibration of Laminated Shells and Plates, Elsevier, London, UK, 2004.
- V. V. Vasiliev, R. M. Jones, and L. I. Man, Mechanics of Composite Structures, Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1993.
- A. Dey, J. N. Bandyopadhyay, and P. K. Sinha, “Finite element analysis of laminated composite paraboloid of revolution shells,” Computers and Structures, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 675–682, 1992.
- R. D. Cook, D. S. Malkus, and M. E. Plesha, Concepts and Applications of Finite Element Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- S. Sahoo and D. Chakravorty, “Finite element vibration characteristics of composite hypar shallow shells with various edge supports,” JVC/Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 1291–1309, 2005.