- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Acoustics and Vibration
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 172625, 10 pages
Multiengine Speech Processing Using SNR Estimator in Variable Noisy Environments
1Department of Enterprise and Higher Education, International Turnkey Systems, ITS Tower, Mubarak Al Kabeer Street, P.O. Box 26729, Safat, Kuwait City 13128, Kuwait
2Department of Systems and Computer Engineering, Carleton University, 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1S 5B6
Received 14 August 2011; Accepted 26 October 2011
Academic Editor: Akira Ikuta
Copyright © 2012 Ahmad R. Abu-El-Quran et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Gish, “Robust discrimination in automatic speaker identification,” in IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing: Speech Processing, pp. 289–292, Albuquerque, NM, USA, April 1990.
- A. El-Solh, Evaluation of speech enhancement techniques for speaker recognition in noisy environments, M.S. thesis, Carleton University, 2006.
- A. El-Solh, A. Cuhadar, and R. A. Goubran, “Evaluation of speech enhancement techniques for speaker identification in noisy environments,” in 9th IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia - Workshops, pp. 235–239, Taichung, Taiwan, December 2007.
- J. Ming, T. J. Hazen, J. R. Glass, and D. A. Reynolds, “Robust speaker recognition in noisy conditions,” IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 1711–1723, 2007.
- N. Kitaoka, S. Hamaguchi, and S. Nakagawa, “Noisy speech recognition based on integration/selection of multiple noise suppression methods using noise GMMs,” IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, vol. E91-D, no. 3, pp. 411–421, 2008.
- R. Gomez and T. Kawahara, “Optimizing spectral subtraction and Wiener filtering for robust speech recognition in reverberant and noisy conditions,” in IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '10), pp. 4566–4569, Dallas, Tex, USA, March 2010.
- International Telecommunications Union (ITU), Perceptual evaluation of speech quality (PESQ): An objective method for end-to-end speech quality assessment of narrow-band telephone networks and speech codecs, Telecom Standardization Section, ITU-T, 2001.
- T. Yamada, M. Kumakura, and N. Kitawaki, “Performance estimation of speech recognition system under noise conditions using objective quality measures and artificial voice,” IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 2006–2013, 2006.
- A. R. Abu-El-Quran, R. A. Goubran, and A. D. C. Chan, “Security monitoring using microphone arrays and audio classification,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1025–1032, 2006.
- S. Ntalampiras, I. Potamitis, and N. Fakotakis, “Probabilistic novelty detection for acoustic surveillance under real-world conditions,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 713–719, 2011.
- A. M. Vainio, M. Valtonen, and J. Vanhala, “Proactive fuzzy control and adaptation methods for smart homes,” IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 42–49, 2008.
- L. Wang, N. Kitaoka, and S. Nakagawa, “Robust distant speech recognition by combining multiple microphone-array processing with position-dependent CMN,” EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 2006, Article ID 95491, 11 pages, 2006.
- E. Mabande, A. Schad, and W. Kellermann, “Design of robust superdirective beamformers as a convex optimization problem,” in IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '09), pp. 77–80, Taipei, Taiwan, April 2009.
- A. R. Abu-El-Quran and R. A. Goubran, “Adaptive pitch-based speech detection for hands-free applications,” in IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '05), pp. 305–308, March 2005.
- F. Bimbot, I. Magrin-Chagnolleau, and L. Mathan, “Second-order statistical measures for text-independent speaker identification,” Speech Communication, vol. 17, no. 1-2, pp. 177–192, 1995.
- R. D. Zilca, “Text-independent speaker verification using covariance modeling,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 97–99, 2001.
- J. Pinquier, J. L. Rouas, and R. André-Obrecht, “A fusion study in speech/music classification,” in IEEE International Conference on Accoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, pp. 17–20, Hong Kong, April 2003.
- J. S. Gammal and R. A. Goubran, “Combating reverberation in speaker verification,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (IMTC '05), pp. 687–690, Ottawa, Canada, May 2005.
- E. Nemer, R. Goubran, and S. Mahmoud, “SNR estimation of speech signals using subbands and fourth-order statistics,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 171–174, 1999.
- D. A. Reynolds and R. C. Rose, “Robust text-independent speaker identification using Gaussian mixture speaker models,” IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 72–83, 1995.
- P. J. Barger and S. Sridharan, “On the performance and use of speaker recognition systems for surveillance,” in IEEE International Conference on Video and Signal Based Surveillance (AVSS '06), Sydney, Australia, November 2006.
- Y. Linde, A. Buzo, and R. M. Gray, “An algorithm for vector quantizer design,” IEEE Transactions on Communications Systems, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 84–95, 1980.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), “Brief Description of the KING Speech Data Base,” 1992.