- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Acoustics and Vibration
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 324515, 10 pages
3D Finite Element Analysis of PWA-Oil Sand Terrain System Interaction
1Department of Mining and Nuclear Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla, Rolla, MO 65409, USA
2Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO 63103, USA
Received 3 April 2012; Accepted 4 May 2012
Academic Editor: K. M. Liew
Copyright © 2012 Y. Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Li, S. Frimpong, and W. Y. Liu, “Virtual prototype modeling and simulation of pipe wagon articulating system,” International Journal of Modern Mechanical Engineering, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 38–46, 2011.
- S. Frimpong, R. A. Oluropo, and J. Szymanski, “NUMSOSS: numerical simulation software for oil sand slurry flow in flexible pipelines,” in Proceedings of the Summer Computer Simulation Conference (SCSC '03), pp. 145–154, Society for Modeling and Simulation International, Montreal, Canada, 2003.
- Y. Li, J. Szymanski, and S. Frimpong, “Preliminary simulation of the GAP mechanical system for oil sands haulage,” International Journal of Mining, Reclamation and Environment, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 295–305, 2007.
- Department of the Navy, “Naval facilities engineering command: foundations and earth structures,” U.S. G.P.O., Washington, DC, USA, 1982.
- J. Y. Wong, Theory of Ground Vehicles, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- J. Y. Wong and J. Preston-Thomas, “On the characterization of the shear stress-displacement relationship of terrain,” Journal of Terramechanics, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 225–234, 1983.
- J. Y. Wong and Y. Gao, “Applications of a computer aided method to parametric study of tracked vehicles with rigid links,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D, vol. 208, no. 4, pp. 251–257, 1994.
- P. Lubking and M. A. Van, Building on Soft Soils, A. A. Balkema, USA, 1996.
- A. M. Girijavallabhan and L. C. Reese, “Finite element method for problems in soil mechanics,” Journal of the Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 473–479, 1968.
- D. Pollock, J. V. Perumpral, and T. Kuppusamy, “Finite element analysis of multipass effects of vehicles on soil compaction,” Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 45–50, 1986.
- I. M. Smith and D. V. Griffiths, Programming the Finite Element method, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1988.
- Algor, “User’s manual. Mechanical event simulation,” 2007, http://www.Algor.com.
- K. J. Bathe, Finite Element Procedures in Engineering Analysis, Prentice-Hall, NJ, USA, 1982.
- NPL Manual, Manual for the Calculation of Elastic-Plastic Materials Models Parameters, Queen's Printer, Scotland, UK, 2007.
- P. K. Nainan, K. S. Beena, and R. Krishna Kumar, “Settlement of reinforced sand in foundations,” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, vol. 123, no. 9, pp. 818–827, 1997.