- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Acoustics and Vibration
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 378361, 8 pages
Spectral Biomimetic Technique for Wood Classification Inspired by Human Echolocation
1Department of Signal Theory and Communications, Escuela Politécnica Superior, Universidad de Alcalá, Campus Universitario, Ctra. de Madrid-Barcelona, km 33.600, 28805 Alcalá de Henares, Spain
2Department of Forest Economy and Management, E.T.S.I. de Montes, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Ciudad Universitaria s/n, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Received 16 April 2012; Revised 10 July 2012; Accepted 25 July 2012
Academic Editor: Toru Otsuru
Copyright © 2012 Juan Antonio Martínez Rojas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Bucur, Acoustics of Wood, Springer, 2nd edition, 2006.
- S. Kawamoto and R. S. Williams, “Acoustic emission and acousto- ultrasonic techniques for wood and wood based composites—a review,” Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-134, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory, Madison, Wis, USA, 2002.
- F. C. Beall, “Overview of the use of ultrasonic technologies in research on wood properties,” Wood Science and Technology, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 197–212, 2002.
- M. P. Jones and D. W. Thomas, “Acoustic characterisation of thoracic body tissues in the audible frequency range,” Journal of Biological Physics, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 113–124, 1995.
- D. T. Barry, S. R. Geiringer, and R. D. Ball, “Acoustic myography: a noninvasive monitor of motor unit fatigue,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 189–194, 1985.
- J. P. Mansfield, D. C. Shannon, and G. R. Wodicka, “Acoustic method to quantitatively assess the position and patency of infant endotracheal tubes: preliminary results in rabbits,” Pediatric Pulmonology, vol. 26, pp. 354–361, 1999.
- Acoustic Material Testing, 2011, http://www.bksv.com/Applications/MaterialTesting/AcousticMaterialTesting.aspx.
- J. Agullo, S. Cardona, and D. H. Keefe, “Time-domain deconvolution to measure reflection functions for discontinuities in waveguides,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 97, no. 3, pp. 1950–1957, 1995.
- L. Jaouen, A. Renault, and M. Deverge, “Elastic and damping characterizations of acoustical porous materials: available experimental methods and applications to a melamine foam,” Applied Acoustics, vol. 69, no. 12, pp. 1129–1140, 2008.
- J. A. M. Rojas, J. Alpuente, D. Postigo, I. M. Rojas, and S. Vignote, “Wood species identification using stress-wave analysis in the audible range,” Applied Acoustics, vol. 72, no. 12, pp. 934–942, 2011.
- J. A. M. Rojas, J. Alpuente Hermosilla, R. Sánchez Montero, and P. L. López Espí, “Physical analysis of several organic signals for human echolocation: oral vacuum pulses,” Acta Acustica united with Acustica, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 325–330, 2009.
- J. A. M. Rojas, J. Alpuente Hermosilla, R. Sánchez Montero, and P. L. López Espí, “Physical analysis of several organic signals for human echolocation: hand and finger produced pulses,” Acta Acustica united with Acustica, vol. 96, no. 6, pp. 1069–1077, 2010.
- A. L. Miller, J. Brugman, B. Sands, L. Namaseb, M. Exter, and C. Collins, “Differences in airstream and posterior place of articulation among Nuu clicks,” Journal of the International Phonetic Association, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 129–161, 2009.
- A. Miller, J. Brugman, and B. Sands, “Acoustic and Auditory analyses of N—uu lingual and pulmonic stop bursts,” in Proceedings of the 16th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences, J. Trouvain and W. Barry, Eds., pp. 769–772, Pirrot GmbH, Dudweiler, Germany, 2007.
- A. Miller and S. Shah, “The acoustics of Mangetti Dune !Xung clicks,” in Proceedings of the 10th Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association (Inter-Speech '09), M. Uther, R. Moore, and S. Cox, Eds., pp. 2283–2286, Causal Productions, Brighton, UK, 2009.
- P. Boersma and D. Weenink, “Praat: doing phonetics by computer (Version 5. 0. 24),” [Computer program], January 2011, http://www.praat.org/.