- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Acoustics and Vibration
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 402130, 7 pages
Ballroom Music Spillover into a Beluga Whale Aquarium Exhibit
1Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Cincinnati Medical, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
2Department of Ocean Engineering, University of Rhode Island, Narragansett, RI 02882, USA
3Department of Husbandry, The Georgia Aquarium 225 Baker Street, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA
Received 21 May 2012; Accepted 29 July 2012
Academic Editor: K. M. Liew
Copyright © 2012 Peter M. Scheifele et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. L. Southall, A. E. Bowles, W. T. Ellison et al., “Marine mammal noise exposure criteria: initial scientific recommendations,” Aquatic Mammals, vol. 33, no. 4, article 1, 2007.
- J. J. Finneran and C. E. Schlundt, “Frequency-dependent and longitudinal changes in noise-induced hearing loss in a bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus),” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 567–570, 2010.
- T. D. Rossing, The Science of Sound, Addison-Wesley, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1990.
- Abaqus Unified FEA, http://www.3ds.com/products/simulia/portfolio/abaqus/latest-release/.
- V. Tiwari, A. Shukla, and A. Bose, “Acoustic properties of cenosphere reinforced cement and asphalt concrete,” Applied Acoustics, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 263–275, 2004.
- Abaqus Analysis User's Manual, Dassault Systèmes Simulia, Providence, RI, USA, 2011.
- L. E. Kinsler, A. R. Frey, A. B. Coppens, and J. V. Sanders, Fundamentals of Acoustics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- C. S. Clay and H. Medwin, Acoustical Oceanography: Principles and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1977.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), “Occupational noise exposure: hearing conservation amendment, final rule, 29CFR1910. 95, 48,” Federal Register 9738–85, 1983.