- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Acoustics and Vibration
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 637912, 10 pages
Modelling Reflection and Transmission of Acoustic Waves at a Semiconductor: Fluid Interface
Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur 177005, India
Received 25 May 2011; Revised 30 October 2011; Accepted 17 December 2011
Academic Editor: Joseph CS Lai
Copyright © 2012 A. Sharma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Jeffrey's, “The thermodynamics of elastic solids,” Proceeding of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 26, pp. 101–106, 1930.
- B. Gutenberg, “Relation of reflected and refracted seismic waves,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 34, pp. 85–102, 1944.
- R. S. Sidhu and S. J. Singh, “Reflection of P and SV waves at the free surface of a prestressed elastic half-space,” Journal of Acoustical Society of America, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 594–598, 1984.
- L. Rayleigh, “On the dynamical theory of grating,” Proceeding of the Royal Society of London Series A, vol. 79, pp. 399–416, 1907.
- C.G. Knott, “Reflection and refraction of elastics waves with seismological Applications,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 48, pp. 64–97, 1899.
- J. D. Achenbach, Wave Propagation in Elastic Solids, North Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1973.
- G. S. Kino, Acoustic Waves: Devices Imaging and Analog Signal Processing, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1987.
- K. F. Graff, Wave Motion in Elastic Solids, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- H. Deresiewicz, “Effect of boundaries on waves in a thermoelastic solid: reflexion of plane waves from a plane boundary,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 164–185, 1960.
- S. M. Abo-Dahab, “Propagation of P waves from stress-free surface elastic half-space with voids under thermal relaxation and magnetic field,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 1798–1806, 2010.
- A. Madeo and S. Gavrilyuk, “Propagation of acoustic waves in porous media and their reflection and transmission at a pure-fluid/porous-medium permeable interface,” European Journal of Mechanics, A/Solids, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 897–910, 2010.
- A. N. Sinha and S. B. Sinha, “Reflection of thermoelastic waves at a solid half-space with thermal relaxation,” Journal of Physics of the Earth, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 237–244, 1974.
- J. N. Sharma, V. Kumar, and D. Chand, “Reflection of generalized thermoelastic waves from the boundary of a half-space,” Journal of Thermal Stresses, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 925–942, 2003.
- A. N. Abd-alla, “Relaxation effects on reflection of generalized magneto-thermoelastic waves,” Mechanics Research Communications, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 591–600, 2000.
- F. J. Lockett, “Effect of thermal properties of a solid on the velocity of Rayleigh waves,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 71–75, 1958.
- P. Chadwick and I. N. Snedon, “Plane waves in an elastic solid conducting heat,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 223–230, 1958.
- B. Maruszewski, “Thermo- diffusive surface waves in semiconductors,” Journal of Acoustic Society of America, vol. 85, pp. 1967–1977, 1989.
- J. N. Sharma and N. Thakur, “Plane harmonic elasto-thermodiffusive waves in semiconductor materials,” Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structure, vol. 1, pp. 813–835, 2006.
- J. N. Sharma and A. Sharma, “Reflection of acoustodiffusive waves from the boundary of a semiconductor halfspace,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 033712–033723, 2010.
- J. N. Sharma, I. Sharma, and S. Chand, “Elasto-thermodiffusive surface waves in a semiconductor half-space underlying a fluid with varying temperature,” Journal of Thermal Stresses, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 956–975, 2008.
- S. M. Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- M. Zambuto, Semiconductor Devices, McGraw-Hills, New York, NY, USA, 1989.