- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Acoustics and Vibration
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 685326, 14 pages
Elastic Modes of an Anisotropic Ridge Waveguide
1Department of Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
2RFIC Design Group, MaxLinear Inc., Carlsbad, CA 92011, USA
3Freeform Wave Technologies, Inc., Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA
Received 11 October 2011; Accepted 17 January 2012
Academic Editor: Rama Bhat
Copyright © 2012 Ameya Galinde et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. A. Ash, R. M. De La Rue, and R. F. Humphryes, “Microsound Surface Waveguides,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 882–892, 1969.
- I. M. Mason, R. M. De La Rue, R. V. Schmidt, E. A. Ash, and P. E. Lagasse, “Ridge guides for acoustic surface waves,” Electronics Letters, vol. 7, pp. 395–397, 1971.
- R.A. Waldron, “Microsound waveguides and waveguide components,” IEEE Transactions on Sonics and Ultrasonics, vol. SU-18, no. 4, pp. 219–230, 1971.
- R.A. Waldron, “Mode spectrum of a microsound waveguide consisting of an isotropic rectangular overlay on a perfectly rigid substrate,” IEEE Transactions on Sonics and Ultrasonics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 8–16, 1971.
- R. Burridge and F. J. Sabina, “The propagation of elastic surface waves guided by ridges,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A, vol. 330, no. 1582, pp. 417–441, 1972.
- P. E. Lagasse and A. A. Oliner, “Acoustic flexural mode on a ridge of semi-infinite height,” Electronics Letters, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 11–13, 1976.
- A. A. Oliner, “Microwave network methods for guided elastic waves,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 812–826, 1969.
- A. A. Oliner, R. C. M. Li, and H. L. Bertoni, “Catalog of acoustic equivalent networks for planar interfaces,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 1513–1518, 1972.
- R. C. M. Li, H. L. Bertoni, A. A. Oliner, and S. Markman, “Simple equivalent network for the flexural mode of the ridge guide for acoustic surface waves,” Electronics Letters, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 211–212, 1972.
- S. Markman, R. C. M. Li, A. A. Oliner, and H. L. Bertoni, “Microwave network analyses of surface acoustic waveguides. II - Rectangular ridge guides,” IEEE Transactions on Sonics and Ultrasonics, vol. SU-24, no. 2, pp. 79–87, 1977.
- R. N. Thurston and J. McKenna, “Flexural acoustic waves along the edge of a plate,” IEEE Transactions on Sonics and Ultrasonics, vol. SU-21, no. 4, pp. 296–297, 1974.
- A. N. Norris, “Flexural edge waves,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 171, no. 4, pp. 571–573, 1994.
- Y. B. Fu, “Existence and uniqueness of edge waves in a generally anisotropic elastic plate,” Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 605–616, 2003.
- V. Zernov and J. Kaplunov, “Three-dimensional edge waves in plates,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 464, no. 2090, pp. 301–318, 2008.
- P. R. Heyliger, C. M. Flannery, and W. L. Johnson, “Vibrational modes of nanolines,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 14, Article ID 145707, 2008.
- G. W. Farnell, “Elastic waves in trigonal crystals,” Canadian Journal of Physics, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 65–80, 1961.
- D. S. Loftus, “Elastic surface waves on layered anisotropic crystals,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 323–326, 1968.
- T. C. Lim and G. W. Farnell, “Character of pseudo surface waves on anisotropic crystals,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 845–851, 1969.
- L. P. Solie and B. A. Auld, “Elastic waves in free anisotropic plates,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 54, p. 50, 1973.
- B.A. Auld, Acoustic Fields and Waves in Solids, vol. 1 and 2, Krieger Publishing, Malabar, Fla, USA, 1990.
- N. Jacobson, Basic Algebra, vol. 1, Dover Publications, 2nd edition, 2009.