- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Acoustics and Vibration
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 874081, 12 pages
Ultrasonic Flaw Imaging via Multipath Exploitation
1Center for Advanced Communications, Villanova University, Villanova, PA 19085, USA
2Electrical and Automatic School, Shanghai Institute of Technology, Shanghai 201418, China
Received 15 December 2011; Accepted 28 April 2012
Academic Editor: Erdal Oruklu
Copyright © 2012 Yimin D. Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. E. Thomenius, “Evolution of ultrasound beamformers,” in Proceedings of IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium, pp. 1615–1622, November 1996.
- B. W. Drinkwater and P. D. Wilcox, “Ultrasonic arrays for non-destructive evaluation: a review,” NDT & E International, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 525–541, 2006.
- L. W. Schmerr and S.-J. Song, Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation Systems, Springer, 2007.
- R. Lasser, M. Lasser, J. Kula, D. Ecich, and R. Westernic, “Remote, simple nondestructive testing of composite defects with an ultrasound camera: a Boeing study,” in Procceedings of Composites, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, February 2010.
- C. Holmes, B. W. Drinkwater, and P. D. Wilcox, “Post-processing of the full matrix of ultrasonic transmit-receive array data for non-destructive evaluation,” NDT & E International, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 701–711, 2005.
- J. Zhang, B. W. Drinkwater, P. D. Wilcox, and A. J. Hunter, “Defect detection using ultrasonic arrays: the multi-mode total focusing method,” NDT & E International, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 123–133, 2010.
- P. Viswanath and D. Tse, Fundamentals of Wireless Communications, Cambridge University, 2005.
- V. Tarokh, Ed., New Directions in Wireless Communications Research, Springer, 2009.
- “Multipath Exploitation Radar (MER),” DARPA, Solicitation Number: DARPA-BAA-09-01.
- E.-G. Paek, J. Y. Choe, P. A. Bernhardt, and J. Horlick, “High-resolution over-the-horizon radar using time reversal,” Tech. Rep. NRL/FR/5317-09-10,180, Naval Research Laboratory, December 2009, http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA514533&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf.
- S. Kidera, T. Sakamoto, and T. Sato, “Experimental study of shadow region imaging algorithm with multiple scattered waves for UWB radars,” PIERS Online, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 393–396, 2009.
- P. Setlur, G. E. Smith, F. Ahmad, and M. Amin, “Target localization with a single-antenna monostatic radar via multipath exploitation,” in Proceedings of the SPIE Conference on Radar Sensor Technology XV, Orlando, Fla, USA, April 2011.
- A. Derode, P. Roux, and M. Fink, “Robust acoustic time reversal with high-order multiple scattering,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 75, no. 23, pp. 4206–4209, 1995.
- J. M. F. Moura and Y. Jin, “Detection by time reversal: single antenna,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 187–201, 2007.
- J. Blitz and G. Simpson, Ultrasonic Methods of Nondestructive Testing, Chapman & Hall, 1996.
- J. Saniie and D. T. Nagle, “Pattern recognition in the ultrasonic imaging of reverberant multilayered structures,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 80–92, 1989.
- J. D. Achenbach, L. Adler, D. K. Lewis, and H. McMaken, “Diffraction of ultrasonic waves by penny-shaped cracks in metals: theory and experiment,” Journal of Acoustical Society of America, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 1848–1856, 1979.
- R. Demirli, X. Rivenq, Y. D. Zhang, C. Ioana, and M. G. Amin, “MIMO array imaging for ultrasonic nondestructive testing,” in Nondestructive Characterization for Composite Materials, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Infrastructure, and Homeland Security, vol. 7983 of Proceedings of SPIE Conference, San Diego, Calif, USA, March 2011.
- M. G. Amin and K. Sarabandi, “Special issue on remote sensing of building interior,” IEEE Transactions on GeoScience and Remote Sensing, vol. 47, pp. 1267–1268, 2009.
- Y. D. Zhang and A. Hunt, “Image and localization of behind-the-wall targets using linear and distributed aperture,” in Through the Wall Radar Imaging, chapter 4, CRC Press, 2010.
- Physical Acoustics Corporation products, http://www.pacndt.com/index.aspx?go=products.
- Olympus NDT contact transducers, http://www.olympus-ims.com/en/ultrasonic-transducers/contact-transducers/ .
- M. Skolnik, Radar Handbook, McGraw-Hill, 3rd edition, 2007.