- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Bioinformatics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 457578, 7 pages
Computational Design of a DNA- and Fc-Binding Fusion Protein
1Department of Bioinformatics, Center for Medical Biotechnology, University of Duisburg-Essen, Universitaetsstraβe 1-5, 45117 Essen, Germany
2Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Cagliari, Piazza d'Armi, 09123 Cagliari, Italy
Received 29 April 2011; Revised 16 June 2011; Accepted 22 June 2011
Academic Editor: Shandar Ahmad
Copyright © 2011 Jonas Winkler et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Surez and A. Jaramillo, “Challenges in the computational design of proteins,” Journal of the Royal Society Interface, vol. 6, supplement 4, pp. S477–S491, 2009.
- P. A. Alexander, Y. He, Y. Chen, J. Orban, and P. N. Bryan, “The design and characterization of two proteins with 88% sequence identity but different structure and function,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 104, no. 29, pp. 11963–11968, 2007.
- W. A. Koppensteiner, P. Lackner, M. Wiederstein, et al., “Characterization of novel proteins based on known protein structures,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 296, no. 4, pp. 1139–1152, 2000.
- W. Gronwald, T. Hohm, and D. Hoffmann, “Evolutionary Pareto-optimization of stably folding peptides,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 9, article 109, 2008.
- M. Suarez, P. Tortosa, M. M. Garcia-Mira et al., “Using multi-objective computational design to extend protein promiscuity,” Biophysical Chemistry, vol. 147, no. 1-2, pp. 13–19, 2010.
- L. Chen, A. L. Devries, and C. H. Cheng, “Convergent evolution of antifreeze glycoproteins in Antarctic notothenioid fish and Arctic cod,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 94, no. 8, pp. 3817–3822, 1997.
- G. B. G. Moorhead, V. De Wever, G. Templeton, et al., “Evolution of protein phosphatases in plants and animals,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 417, no. 2, pp. 401–409, 2009.
- S. Schilling, C. Wasternack, and H. U. Demuth, “Glutaminyl cyclases from animals and plants: a case of functionally convergent protein evolution,” Biological Chemistry, vol. 389, no. 8, pp. 983–991, 2008.
- C. J. McKnight, D. S. Doering, P. T. Matsudaira, and P. S. Kim, “A thermostable 35-residue subdomain within villin headpiece,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 260, no. 2, pp. 126–134, 1996.
- S. A. K. Ong, H. H. Lin, Y. Z. Chen, et al., “Efficacy of different protein descriptors in predicting protein functional families,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 8, article 300, 2007.
- D. Heider, J. Appelmann, T. Bayro et al., “A computational approach for the identification of small GTpases based on preprocessed amino acid sequences,” Technology in Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 333–341, 2009.
- D. Heider, S. Hauke, M. Pyka, et al., “Insights into the classification of small GTPases,” Advances and Applications in Bioinformatics and Chemistry, vol. 3, pp. 15–24, 2010.
- J. N. Dybowski, D. Heider, and D. Hoffmann, “Prediction of co-receptor usage of HIV-1 from genotype,” PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 6, no. 4, Article ID e1000743, 2010.
- D. Heider, J. Verheyen, and D. Hoffmann, “Predicting Bevirimat resistance of HIV-1 from genotype,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 11, article 37, 2010.
- M. Graille, E. A. Stura, A. L. Corper et al., “Crystal structure of a Staphylococcus aureus protein A domain complexed with the Fab fragment of a human IgM antibody: Structural basis for recognition of B-cell receptors and superantigen activity,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 97, no. 10, pp. 5399–5404, 2000.
- M. Högbom, M. Eklund, P. Nygren, et al., “Structural basis for recognition by an in vitro evolved affibody,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 3191–3196, 2003.
- P. C. Ma, M. A. Rould, H. Weintraub, et al., “Crystal structure of MyoD bHLH domain-DNA complex: perspectives on DNA recognition and implications for transcriptional activation,” Cell, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 451–459, 1994.
- S. Yin, F. Ding, and N. V. Dokholyan, “Modeling backbone exibility improves protein stability estimation,” Structure, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1567–1576, 2007.
- G. Armano, F. Ledda, and E. Vargiu, “Sum-linear blosum: a novel protein encoding method for secondary structure prediction,” Communications of SIWN, vol. 6, pp. 71–77, 2009.
- D. T. Jones, “Protein secondary structure prediction based on position-specific scoring matrices,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 292, no. 2, pp. 195–202, 1999.
- The UniProt Consortium, “The universal protein resource (UniProt) in 2010,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 38, pp. D142–D148, 2010.
- T. F. Smith and M. S. Waterman, “Identification of common molecular subsequences,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 147, no. 1, pp. 195–197, 1981.
- J. Kyte and R. F. Doolittle, “A simple method for displaying the hydropathic character of a protein,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 157, no. 1, pp. 105–132, 1982.
- B. Hess, C. Kutzner, D. van der Spoel, et al., “GRGMACS 4: algorithms for highly efficient, load-balanced, and scalable molecular simulation,” Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 435–447, 2008.
- D. A. Case, T. A. Darden, T. E. Cheatham, et al., AMBER 10, University of California, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2008.
- S. H. Northrup, S. A. Allison, and J. A. McCammon, “Brownian dynamics simulation of diffusion-influenced bimolecular reactions,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 1517–1524, 1984.
- N. M. Luscombe, R. A. Laskowski, and J. M. Thornton, “Amino acid-base interactions: a three-dimensional analysis of protein-DNA interactions at an atomic level,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 29, no. 13, pp. 2860–2874, 2001.