- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Civil Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 357346, 11 pages
An Investigation into the Response of GFRP-Reinforced Glue-Laminated Tudor Arches
1Department of Civil Engineering, University of Manitoba, 15 Gillson Street Winnipeg, MB, MB R3T 2N2, Canada
2Department of Civil and Resource Engineering, Dalhousie University, 1360 Barrington Street, Halifax, NS, B3J 1Z1, Canada
Received 20 July 2011; Accepted 12 March 2012
Academic Editor: Muhammad Hadi
Copyright © 2012 S. Alshurafa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Mark, “Wood-aluminium beams within and beyond the elastic rangepart1: rectangular sections,” Forest Products Journal, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 477–484, 1961.
- B. Bohannan, “Pre stressed wood members,” Forest Products Journal, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 596–602, 1962.
- J. Peterson, “Wood beams prestressed with bonded tension elements,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 103–119, 1965.
- G. Lantos, “The flexural behaviour of steel reinforced laminated timber beams,” Wood Science, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 136–143, 1970.
- G. P. Krueger and L. B. Sandberg, “Ultimate strength design of reinforcing timber “evaluation of design parameters”,” Wood Science, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 316–330, 1974.
- W. Bulleit, L. Sandberg, and G. Woods, “Steel-reinforced glued laminated timber,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 433–444, 1989.
- F. Wangard, “Elastic deflection of wood-fiber-glass composite beams,” Forest Products Journal, no. 14, pp. 256–260, 1964.
- E. J. Biblis, “Analysis of wood fibre glass composite beams within and beyond the elastic region,” Forest Products Journal, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 81–88, 1965.
- F. H. Theakston, “A feasibility study for strengthening timber beams with fibreglass,” Canadian Agricultural Engineering, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 17–19, 1965.
- H. J. Dagher, T. E. Kimball, and S. Shaler, “Effect of FRP reinforcement on low grade Eastern Hemlock,” in Proceedings of the National Conference on Wood-Transportation Structures, United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory, Madison, Wis, USA, 1996.
- K. C. Johns and S. Lacroix, “Composite reinforcement of timber in bending,” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 899–906, 2000.
- N. Olsson, Glulam timber arches strength of splices and reliability-based optimization, Ph.D. thesis, Lulea University, Luleå, Sweden, 2001.
- B. Kasal and A. Heiduschke, “Radial reinforcement of curved glue laminated wood beams with composite materials,” Forest Products Journal, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 74–79, 2004.
- T. W. Buell and H. Saadatmanesh, “Strengthening timber bridge beams using carbon fiber,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 131, no. 1, pp. 173–187, 2005.
- M. Yahyaei-Moayyed and F. Taheri, “Creep response of glued-laminated beam reinforced with pre-stressed sub-laminated composite,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 2495–2506, 2011.
- M. Yahyaei-Moayyed and F. Taheri, “Experimental and computational investigations into creep response of AFRP reinforced timber beams,” Composite Structures, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 616–628, 2011.
- F. Taheri, M. Nagaraj, and P. Khosravi, “Buckling response of glue-laminated columns reinforced with fiber-reinforced plastic sheets,” Composite Structures, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 481–490, 2009.
- ASTM, “Standard test method for the tensile properties of polymer matrix composite materials,” Tech. Rep. ASTM D3039M-08, American Society for Testing and Materials, Conshohocken, Pa, USA, 2008.
- P. K. Mallick, Fiber-Reinforecd Composites: Materials, Manufacturing, and Design, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1993.