- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Civil Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 391214, 10 pages
A Prediction Method of Tensile Young's Modulus of Concrete at Early Age
1Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Yamaguchi University, Ube, Yamaguchi 755-8611, Japan
2Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
3Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Kure National College of Technology, Kure, Hiroshima 737-8506, Japan
Received 7 March 2011; Accepted 22 September 2011
Academic Editor: Kent A. Harries
Copyright © 2012 Isamu Yoshitake et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. M. Neville, Properties of Concrete: Fourth and Final Edition, Pearson/Prentice Hall, 1995.
- Y. Aoki, K. Shimano, D. Iijima, and Y. Hirano, “Examination on simple uniaxial tensile test of concrete,” Proceedings of the Japan Concrete Institute, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 531–536, 2007 (Japanese).
- Architectural Institute of Japan, Recommendations of Practice of Crack Control in Reinforced Concrete Buildings-Design and Construction, Architectural Institute of Japan, 2006.
- N. Xie and W. Liu, “Determining tensile properties of mass concrete by direct tensile test,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 214–219, 1989.
- F. A. Oluokun, E. G. Burdette, and J. H. Deatherage, “Elastic modulus, Poisson's ratio, and compressive strength relationships at early ages,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 3–10, 1991.
- S. Hagihara, S. Nakamura, Y. Masuda, and M. Kono, “Experimental study on mechanical properties and creep behavior of high-strength concrete in early age,” Concrete Research and Technology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 39–50, 2000 (Japanese).
- S. Swaddiwudhipong, H. R. Lu, and T. H. Wee, “Direct tension test and tensile strain capacity of concrete at early age,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 2077–2084, 2003.
- B. Bissonnette, M. Pigeon, and A. M. Vaysburd, “Tensile creep of concrete: study of its sensitivity to basic parameters,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 360–368, 2007.
- I. Yoshitake, Y. Ishikawa, H. Kawano, and Y. Mimura, “On the Tensile Young’s Moduli of early age concrete,” Journal of Materials, Concrete Structures and Pavements, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 677–688, 2007 (Japanese).
- T. J. Hirsh, “Modulus of elasticity of concrete affected by elastic moduli of cement paste matrix and aggregate,” ACI Journal, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 427–452, 1962.
- U. J. Counto, “The effect of the elastic modulus of the aggregate on the elastic modulus, creep and creep recovery of concrete,” Magazine of Concrete Research, vol. 16, pp. 129–138, 1964.
- Z. Hashin, “The elastic moduli of heterogeneous materials,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, ASME, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 143–150, 1962.
- H. Mihashi and J. P. D. B. Leite, “State-of-the-art report on control of cracking in early age concrete,” Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 141–154, 2004.
- F. P. Zhou, F. D. Lydon, and B. I. G. Barr, “Effect of coarse aggregate on elastic modulus and compressive strength of high performance concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 177–186, 1995.
- I. B. Topçu, “Alternative estimation of the modulus of elasticity for dam concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 2199–2202, 2005.
- L. M. Goral, “Empirical time-strength relations of concrete,” ACI Journal, vol. 53, pp. 215–224, 1956.
- JIS A 1104, “Methods of Test for Bulk Density of Aggregates and Solid Content in Aggregates,” Japan Industrial Standards Committee, 2006.