- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Civil Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 595238, 18 pages
Evaluation of Seismic Response Trends from Long-Term Monitoring of Two Instrumented RC Buildings Including Soil-Structure Interaction
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland Mail Centre, Auckland, New Zealand
Received 14 December 2011; Accepted 7 March 2012
Academic Editor: Rajesh Prasad Dhakal
Copyright © 2012 Faheem Butt and Piotr Omenzetter. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. C. Hart and J. T. P. Yao, “System identification in structural dynamics,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 103, pp. 1089–1104, 1976.
- T. Saito and H. Yokota, “Evaluation of dynamic characteristics of high-rise buildings using system identification techniques,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 59, no. 2-3, pp. 299–307, 1996.
- J. M. W. Brownjohn and P. Q. Xia, “Dynamic assessment of curved cable-stayed bridge by model updating,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 126, no. 2, pp. 252–260, 2000.
- H. Sohn, C. R. Farrar, F. M. Hemez, et al., A Review of Structural Health Monitoring Literature: 1996–2001, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM, USA, 2003.
- N. Satake and H. Yokota, “Evaluation of vibration properties of high-rise steel buildings using data of vibration tests and earthquake observations,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 59, no. 2-3, pp. 265–282, 1996.
- M. D. Trifunac, S. S. Ivanović, and M. I. Todorovska, “Apparent periods of a building. I: Fourier analysis,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 127, no. 5, pp. 517–526, 2001.
- M. Çelebi, “Recorded earthquake responses from the integrated seismic monitoring network of the Atwood building, Anchorage, Alaska,” Earthquake Spectra, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 847–864, 2006.
- M. D. Trifunac and M. I. Todorovska, “Recording and interpreting earthquake response of full-scale structures,” in Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Strong-Motion Instrumentation for Civil Engineering Structures, pp. 131–155, Kluwer Academic Publications, Istanbul, Turkey, 1999.
- M. Celebi and E. Safak, “Seismic response of Transamerica building. I. Data and preliminary analysis,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 117, no. 8, pp. 2389–2404, 1991.
- M. Celebi and E. Safak, “Seismic response of Pacific Park Plaza. I. Data and preliminary analysis,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 118, no. 6, pp. 1547–1565, 1992.
- E. Şafak, “Response of a 42-storey steel-frame building to the MS = 7.1 Loma Prieta earthquake,” Engineering Structures, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 403–421, 1993.
- J. P. Stewart and G. L. Fenves, “System identification for evaluating soil-structure interaction effects in buildings from strong motion recordings,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 869–885, 1998.
- J. E. Luco, “Soil-structure interaction and identification of structural models,” in Proceedings of the 2nd ASCE Conference on Civil Engineering and Nuclear Power, pp. 1–31, American Society of Civil Engineering, Knoxville, Tenn, USA, 1980.
- C. C. Lin, J. F. Wang, and C. H. Tsai, “Dynamic parameter identification for irregular buildings considering soil-structure interaction effects,” Earthquake Spectra, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 641–666, 2008.
- P. Van Overschee and B. De Moor, “N4SID: subspace algorithms for the identification of combined deterministic-stochastic systems,” Automatica, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 75–93, 1994.
- G. L. Molas and F. Yamazaki, “Neural networks for quick earthquake damage estimation,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 505–516, 1995.
- A. Elenas and K. Meskouris, “Correlation study between seismic acceleration parameters and damage indices of structures,” Engineering Structures, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 698–704, 2001.
- R. Riddell, “On ground motion intensity indices,” Earthquake Spectra, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 147–173, 2007.
- O. R. de Lautour and P. Omenzetter, “Prediction of seismic-induced structural damage using artificial neural networks,” Engineering Structures, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 600–606, 2009.
- S. R. Uma, J. X. Zhao, and A. B. King, “Seismic actions on acceleration sensitive non-structural components in ductile frames,” Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 110–125, 2010.
- L. Berto, R. Vitaliani, A. Saetta, and P. Simioni, “Seismic assessment of existing RC structures affected by degradation phenomena,” Structural Safety, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 284–297, 2009.
- P. Van Overschee and B. De Moor, Subspace Identification for Linear Systems, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 1996.
- D. J. Ewins, Modal Testing: Theory, Practice and Application, Research Studies Press, Baldock, UK, 2000.
- A. S. Veletsos and V. D. Nair, “Seismic interaction of structures on hysteretic foundations,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 109–129, 1975.
- J. Bielak, “Dynamic behavior of structures with embedded foundations,” Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 259–274, 1975.
- D. Montgomery, E. A. Peck, and G. Vining, Introduction to Linear Regression Analysis, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- R. Steel and J. Torrie, Principles and Procedures of Statistics, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1960.