- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Civil Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 626592, 19 pages
The Design of a Semi-Prefabricated LVL-Concrete Composite Floor
1Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, Parit Raja, 86400 Batu Pahat, Malaysia
2Department of Civil and Natural Resources, University of Canterbury, 8140 Christchurch, New Zealand
3Department of Architecture, Design and Urban Planning, Faculty of Architecture, University of Sassari, Palazzo del Pou Salit, Piazza Duomo 6, 07041 Alghero, Italy
Received 2 April 2012; Accepted 29 May 2012
Academic Editor: Bassam A. Izzuddin
Copyright © 2012 David Yeoh and Massimo Fragiacomo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Ceccotti, Timber-Concrete Composite Structures, Timber Engineering STEP 2, edited by Hans Blass et al., Centrum Hout, 1st edition, 1995.
- D. Yeoh, M. Fragiacomo, A. Buchanan, and C. Gerber, “Preliminary research towards a semi-prefabricated LVL-concrete composite floor system for the Australasian market,” Australian Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 225–240, 2009.
- D. Yeoh, M. Fragiacomo, and B. Deam, “Experimental behaviour of LVL-concrete composite floor beams at strength limit state,” Engineering Structures, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 2697–2707, 2011.
- D. Yeoh, M. Fragiacomo, M. De Franceschi, and A. H. Buchanan, “Experimental tests of notched and plate connectors for LVL-concrete composite beams,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 137, no. 2, pp. 261–269, 2011.
- A. Ceccotti, “Composite concrete-timber structures,” Progress in Structural Engineering and Materials, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 264–275, 2002.
- A. Ceccotti, M. Fragiacomo, and R. M. Gutkowski, “Design of timber-concrete composite structures according to EC5-2002 version,” in Proceedings of the Thirty-Five of the Working Commission W18-Timber Structures, CIB, International Council for Research and Innovation, CIB-W18/35, Kyoto, Japan, 2002.
- P. Clouston, L. A. Bathon, and A. Schreyer, “Shear and bending performance of a novel wood-concrete composite system,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 131, no. 9, pp. 1404–1412, 2005.
- E. Lukaszewska, H. Johnsson, and M. Fragiacomo, “Performance of connections for prefabricated timber-concrete composite floors,” Materials and Structures, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1533–1550, 2008.
- M. Fragiacomo and E. Lukaszewska, “Development of prefabricated timber-concrete composite floor systems,” Structures and Buildings, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 117–129, 2011.
- CEN Comité Européen de Normalisation, Eurocode 5: Design of Timber Structures—Part 2: Bridges, Brussels, Belgium, 2004.
- CEN Comité Européen de Normalisation, Eurocode 5: Design of Timber Structures—General Rules and Rules for Buildings—Part 1-1, Brussels, Belgium, 2004.
- K. Möhler, On the Load Carrying Behavior of Beams and Columns of Compound Sections with Flexible Connections, Habilitation, Technical University of Karlsruhe, 1956.
- D. Yeoh, M. Fragiacomo, M. De Franceschi, and H. B. Koh, “The state-of-the-art on timber-concrete composite structures—a literature review,” Journal Structural Engineering, vol. 137, no. 10, pp. 1085–1095, 2011.
- M. P. Newcombe, W. A. Van Beerschoten, D. Carradine, S. Pampanin, and A. H. Buchanan, “In-plane experimental testing of timber-concrete composite floor diaphragms,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 136, no. 11, pp. 1461–1468, 2010.
- EXPAN Structural Timber Solutions, “Feature story,” 2012, http://www.expan.co.nz/EXPAN-building-University-Canterbury-campus-stunning-showcase-what-structu__I.979.
- D. M. Carradine, M. P. Newcombe, and A. H. Buchanan, “Using screws for structural applications in laminated veneer lumber,” in Proceedings of the Fourty-Two of the Working Commission W18-Timber Structures, CIB, International Council for Research and Innovation, no. CIB-W18/42-7-7, Dübendorf, Switzerland, 2009.
- M. Newcombe, W. A. van-Beerschoten, D. Carradine et al., “In-plane experimental testing of timber-concrete composite floor diaphragms,” in Proceedings of the Society of Earthquake Engineering Conference, Christchurch, New Zealand, 2009.
- T. Smith, S. Pampanin, M. Fragiacomo, and A. Buchanan, “Design and construction of prestressed timber buildings for seismic areas,” in Proceedings of the 10th World Conference on Timber Engineering, Miyazaki, Japan, 2008.
- T. Smith, M. Fragiacomo, S. Pampanin, and A. H. Buchanan, “Construction time and cost for post-tensioned timber buildings,” Proceedings of Institution of Civil Engineers, vol. 162, no. 4, pp. 141–149, 2009.
- EXPAN Structural Timber Solutions, “Massey building—college of creative arts building,” 2012, http://www.expan.co.nz/Massey-buildling__I.1722__N.10.
- AS/SNZ Standards Australia and Standards New Zealand, “Structural design actions: general principles,” AS/NZS 1170 Part 0, 2002.
- CEN Comité Européen de Normalisation, Eurocode—Basis of Structural Design, Brussels, Belgium, 2002.
- M. Fragiacomo, “Long-term behavior of timber-concrete composite beams. II: numerical analysis and simplified evaluation,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 132, no. 1, pp. 23–33, 2006.
- J. Schänzlin and M. Fragiacomo, “Extension of EC5 Annex B formulas for the design of timber-concrete composite structures,” in Proceedings of the Forty of the Working Commission W18-Timber Structures, CIB, International Council for Research and Innovation, no. CIB-W18/40-10-1, 2007.
- M. Fragiacomo and J. Schänzlin, “A Proposal to Account for Concrete Shrinkage and Environmental Strains in Design of Timber‐Concrete Composite Beams,” Journal of Structural Engineering, 2012.
- CEN Comité Européen de Normalisation, Timber Structures-Joints Made with Mechanical Fasteners-General Principles for the Determination of Strength and Deformation Characteristics, EN 26891, Brussels, Belgium, 1991.
- K. W. Johansen, “Theory of timber connections,” International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering, pp. 249–262, 1949.
- A. Ceccotti, M. Fragiacomo, and S. Giordano, “Long-term and collapse tests on a timber-concrete composite beam with glued-in connection,” Materials and Structures, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 15–25, 2007.
- E. Lukaszewska, M. Fragiacomo, and A. Frangi, “Evaluation of the slip modulus for ultimate limit state verifications of timber-concrete composite structures,” in Proceedings of the Forty of the Working Commission W18-Timber Structures, CIB, International Council for Research and Innovation, no. CIB-W18/40-7-5, 2007.
- CEN Comité Européen de Normalisation, Eurocode 2—Design of Concrete Structures—Part 1-1: General Rules and Rules for Buildings, Brussels, Belgium, 2004.
- Carter Holt Harvey, LVL Specific Design Information, Technical Bulletin, 2009.
- D. Yeoh, Behaviour and Design of Timber-Concrete Composite Floor System [Ph.D. thesis], University of Canterbury, 2010.
- D. Gaunt and B. Penellum, “Phase 1 truform in-grade testing for carter holt harvey,” Report TE03-037, New Zealand Forest Research Institute Limited, 2004.
- B. Di Lenardo, Study Develops Vibration Criteria for Wood-Based Floor Joists, Construction Innovation, 1998.