- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Civil Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 189105, 8 pages
Engagement of Facilities Management in Design Stage through BIM: Framework and a Case Study
1School of Built Environment, Curtin University of Western Australia, Australia
2School of Construction Management and Real Estate, Chongqing University, China
Received 13 November 2012; Revised 24 March 2013; Accepted 8 April 2013
Academic Editor: Ghassan Chehab
Copyright © 2013 Ying Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- International Facility Management Association, http://www.ifma.org/.
- B. Becerik-Gerber, F. Jazizadeh, N. Li, and G. Calis, “Application areas and data requirements for BIM-enabled facilities management,” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 138, no. 3, pp. 431–442, 2012.
- B. Nutt and P. McLennan, Facility Management: Risks and Opportunities, Blackwell Science, 2000.
- D. G. Cotts, K. O. Roper, and R. P. Payant, The Facility Management Handbook, Amacom Books, 2010.
- E. Erdener, “Linking programming and design with facilities management,” Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 4–8, 2003.
- R. Sacks, I. Kaner, C. M. Eastman, and Y. S. Jeong, “The Rosewood experiment—building information modeling and interoperability for architectural precast facades,” Automation in Construction, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 419–432, 2010.
- V. Singh, N. Gu, and X. Wang, “A theoretical framework of a BIM-based multi-disciplinary collaboration platform,” Automation in Construction, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 134–144, 2011.
- J. P. Duarte, G. Celani, R. Pupo, et al., “Inserting computational technologies in architectural curricula,” in Computational Design Methods and Technologies: Applications in CAD, CAM and CAE Education, N. Gu and X. Wang, Eds., IGI Global, Hershey, Pa, USA, 2010.
- X. Wang and P. S. Dunston, “Comparative effectiveness of mixed reality-based virtual environments in collaborative design,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics C, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 284–296, 2011.
- M. R. Devetakovic and M. Radojevic, “Facility Mangement: a paradigm for expanding the scope of architectural practice,” International Journal of Architectural Research, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 127–139, 2007.
- International home of openBIM. 1994, http://buildingsmart.com.
- D. Arditi and M. Nawakorawit, “Designing buildings for maintenance: designers' perspective,” Journal of Architectural Engineering, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 107–116, 1999.
- H. Kim, E. Jenicek, and A. Stumpf, “Early design energy analysis using bims (building information models),” in Proceedings of the Construction Research Congress, pp. 426–436, April 2009.
- ASHE, Healthcare Facility Commissioning Guideline, ASHE, Chicago, Ill, USA, 2010.
- J. W. Korka, A. A. Oloufa, and H. R. Thomas, “Facilities computerized maintenance management systems,” Journal of Architectural Engineering, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 118–123, 1997.
- U. S. G. B. Concil, Green Building Facts, 2009.
- P. A. Torcellini, S. J. Hayter, and R. Judkoff, “Low-energy building design—the process and a case study,” in Proceedings of the ASHRAE Annual Meeting, pp. 802–810, June 1999.
- B. Dong, K. P. Lam, Y. C. Huang, and G. M. Dobbs, “A comparative study of the IFC and gbXML informational infrastructures for data exchange in computational design support environments,” in Proceedings of the Building Simulation, 2007.
- US Environmental Protection Agency, http://www.epa.gov/.
- DOE, BUILDING COMMISSIONING: The Key to Quality Assurance, Rebuild America Guide Series, DOE, Washington, DC, USA, 1998.
- G. C. Lasker, H. Y. Dib, and C. Chen, “Benefits of implementing building information modeling for healthcare facility commissioning,” in Computing in Civil Engineering, vol. 2011, pp. 578–585, 2011.