- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Civil Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 482310, 7 pages
Mechanical Properties of Lightweight Concrete Partition with a Core of Textile Waste
Department of Civil Engineering, Islamic Azad University, Yazd Branch, Yazd 8916871967, Iran
Received 5 March 2013; Revised 18 June 2013; Accepted 4 July 2013
Academic Editor: Issam Srour
Copyright © 2013 Kamran Aghaee and Mohammad Foroughi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Aghaee, Experimental study of using textile Industry waste fibers in the production of lightweight concrete applicable in building industry [M.S. thesis], Dept. of Civil Engineering, Islamic Azad University, Yazd, Iran, 2011.
- J. M. L. Reis, “Mechanical characterization of fiber reinforced Polymer Concrete,” Materials Research, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 357–360, 2005.
- M. S. Meddah and M. Bencheikh, “Properties of concrete reinforced with different kinds of industrial waste fibre materials,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 3196–3205, 2009.
- A. Sivakumar, “Influence of hybrid fibers on the post crack performance of high strength concrete,” Journal of Civil Engineering and Construction Technology, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 147–159, 2011.
- M. A. S. Mohamed, E. Ghorbel, and G. Wardeh, “Valorization of micro-cellulose fibers in self-compacting concrete,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 2473–2480, 2010.
- L. Ferrara, Y.-D. Park, and S. P. Shah, “A method for mix-design of fiber-reinforced self-compacting concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 957–971, 2007.
- A. Kriker, G. Debicki, A. Bali, M. M. Khenfer, and M. Chabannet, “Mechanical properties of date palm fibres and concrete reinforced with date palm fibres in hot-dry climate,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 554–564, 2005.
- Y. Wang, A.-H. Zureick, B.-S. Cho, and D. E. Scott, “Properties of fibre reinforced concrete using recycled fibres from carpet industrial waste,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 29, no. 16, pp. 4191–4199, 1994.
- Y. Wang, Utilization of Recycled Carpet Waste Fibers For reinForcement of Concrete and Soil, Woodhead publishing, 2006.
- M. Ucar and Y. Wang, “Utilization of recycled post consumer carpet waste fibers as reinforcement in lightweight cementitious composites,” International Journal of Clothing Science and Technology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 242–248, 2011.
- J. M. L. dos Reis, “Effect of textile waste on the mechanical properties of polymer concrete,” Materials Research, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 63–67, 2009.
- M. A. G. Jurumenha and J. M. L. dos Reis, “Fracture mechanics of polymer mortar made with recycled raw materials,” Materials Research, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 475–478, 2010.
- A. M. Neville and J. J. Brooks, Concrete Technology, 1987.
- S. W. Mumenya, R. B. Tait, and M. G. Alexander, “Mechanical behaviour of Textile concrete under accelerated ageing conditions,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 580–588, 2010.
- F. D. A. Silva, M. Butler, V. Mechtcherine, D. Zhu, and B. Mobasher, “Strain rate effect on the tensile behaviour of textile-reinforced concrete under static and dynamic loading,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 528, no. 3, pp. 1727–1734, 2011.
- R. Rolfes, M. Vogler, S. Czichon, and G. Ernst, “Exploiting the structural reserve of textile composite structures by progressive failure analysis using a new orthotropic failure criterion,” Computers and Structures, vol. 89, no. 11-12, pp. 1214–1223, 2011.
- G. Ernst, M. Vogler, C. Hühne, and R. Rolfes, “Multiscale progressive failure analysis of textile composites,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 61–72, 2010.
- J. Hausding, T. Engler, G. Franzke, U. Köckritz, and C. Cherif, “Plain stitch-bonded multi-plies for textile reinforced concrete,” Autex Research Journal, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 81–90, 2006.
- V. Eckers, S. Janetzko, and T. Gries, “Drape study on textiles for concrete applications,” AUTEX Research Journal, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 50–54, 2012.
- Y. Wang, “Fiber and textile waste Utilization,” Waste and Biomass Valorization, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 135–143, 2010.
- D. Saravanan, “UV protection textile materials,” Autex Research Journal, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 53–62, 2007.
- E. M. Kalliala and P. Nousiainen, “Environmental profile of cotton and polyester-cotton fabrics,” Autex Research Journal, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 8–20, 1999.
- K. Aghaee and M. Foroughi, “Construction of lightweight concrete partitions using textile waste.,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference for Sustainable Design, Engineering and Construction, pp. 793–800, American Society of Civil Engineering, 2012.
- M. Foroughi and K. Aghaee, “Lightweight partitions using textile waste fibers,” in Proceedings of The 9th International Congress on Civil Engineering, p. 169, Isfahan university of technology, 2012.
- American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM C39, Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Cylindrical Concrete Specimens.
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM C1018-97), Standard test method for flexural toughness and first-crack strength of fiber-reinforced concrete (Using beam with third-point loading), Withdrawn 2006.
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM C331), Standard Specification for Lightweight Aggregates for Concrete Masonry Units.
- H. Tanyildizi, “Statistical analysis for mechanical properties of polypropylene fiber reinforced lightweight concrete containing silica fume exposed to high temperature,” Materials and Design, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 3252–3258, 2009.
- American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM C138, Standard Test Method for Density (Unit Weight), Yield, and Air Content (Gravimetric) of Concrete, 2001.
- O. Kayali, M. N. Haque, and B. Zhu, “Some characteristics of high strength fiber reinforced lightweight aggregate concrete,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 207–213, 2003.
- B. A. Frankl, G. W. Lucier, T. K. Hassan, and S. H. Rizkalla, “Behavior of precast, prestressed concrete sandwich wall panels reinforced with CFRP shear grid,” PCI Journal, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 42–54, 2011.
- D. C. Salmon, A. Einea, M. K. Tadros, and T. D. Culp, “Full scale testing of precast concrete sandwich panels,” ACI Structural Journal, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 354–362, 1997.
- D. C. Salmon and A. Einea, “Partially composite sandwich panel deflections,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 121, no. 4, pp. 778–783, 1995.
- J. R. Mackechnie and T. Saevarsdottir, “New insulating precast concrete panels,” in Proceedings of the New Zealand Sustainable Building Conference, 2010.
- F. Laurin and A. J. Vizzini, “Energy absorption of sandwich panels with composite-reinforced foam core,” Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 113–132, 2005.
- C. Druma, M. K. Alam, and A. M. Druma, “Finite element model of thermal transport in carbon foams,” Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 527–540, 2004.
- M. Foroughi and K. Aghaee, “Saving energy by using lightweight precast walls with a middle core of textile wastes,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on New Approaches to Energy Storage, 2011.
- The 19th part of Iranian national building regulations, Saving Energy, Second edition, 2001.
- Thermal Conductivity of some common Materials and Gases, http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/thermal-conductivity-d_429.html.