- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 523943, 14 pages
Genetical Swarm Optimization of Multihop Routes in Wireless Sensor Networks
Politecnico di Milano, Dipartimento di Energia, Via La Masa, 34, I-20156 Milano, Italy
Received 19 March 2010; Revised 4 August 2010; Accepted 9 November 2010
Academic Editor: Tzung P. Hong
Copyright © 2010 Davide Caputo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Raghunathan, C. Schurgers, S. Park, and M. B. Srivastava, “Energy-aware wireless microsensor networks,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 40–50, 2002.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “Wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 393–422, 2002.
- D. Caputo, F. Grimaccia, M. Mussetta, and R. E. Zich, “An enhanced GSO technique for wireless sensor networks optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '08), pp. 4074–4079, Hong Kong, June 2008.
- Y. S. Ong and A. J. Keane, “Meta-Lamarckian learning in memetic algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 99–110, 2004.
- A. Caponio, G. L. Cascella, F. Neri, N. Salvatore, and M. Sumner, “A fast adaptive memetic algorithm for online and offline control design of PMSM drives,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 28–41, 2007.
- F. Neri, J. Toivanen, G. L. Cascella, and Y. S. Ong, “An adaptive multimeme algorithm for designing HIV multidrug therapies,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 264–278, 2007.
- V. Tirronen, F. Neri, T. Kärkkäinen, K. Majava, and T. Rossi, “An enhanced memetic differential evolution in filter design for defect detection in paper production,” Evolutionary Computation, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 529–555, 2008.
- D. E Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- J. Kennedy, “Particle swarm: social adaptation of knowledge,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC '97), pp. 303–308, April 1997.
- D. W. Boeringer and D. H. Werner, “Particle swarm optimization versus genetic algorithms for phased array synthesis,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 771–779, 2004.
- K. W. C. Ku and M. W. Mak, “Exploring the effects of Lamarckian and Baldwinian learning in evolving recurrent neural networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC '97), pp. 617–621, April 1997.
- J. Robinson, S. Sinton, and Y. Rahmat-Samii, “Particle swarm, genetic algorithm, and their hybrids: optimization of a profiled corrugated horn antenna,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 1, pp. 314–317, June 2002.
- C. F. Juang, “A hybrid of genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimization for recurrent network design,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 997–1006, 2004.
- A. Gandelli, F. Grimaccia, M. Mussetta, P. Pirinoli, and R. E. Zich, “Development and validation of different hybridization strategies between GA and PSO,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '07), pp. 2782–2787, Singapore, September 2007.
- F. Grimaccia, M. Mussetta, and R. E. Zich, “Genetical swarm optimization: self-adaptive hybrid evolutionary algorithm for electromagnetics,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 3 I, pp. 781–785, 2007.
- A. Gandelli, F. Grimaccia, M. Mussetta, P. Pirinoli, and R. E. Zich, “Genetical swarm optimization: an evolutionary algorithm for antenna design,” Journal of Automatika, vol. 47, no. 3-4, pp. 105–112, 2006.
- J. C. Chen, R. E. Hudson, and K. Yao, “Joint maximum-likelihood source localization and unknown sensor location estimation for near-field wideband signals,” in Advanced Signal Processing: Algorithms, Architectures and Implementations XI, vol. 4474 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 521–532, July 2001.
- R. Jurdak, P. Baldi, and C. V. Lopes, “State-driven energy optimization in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Systems Communications, pp. 356–363, August 2005.
- K. P. Ferentinos, T. A. Tsiligiridis, and K. G. Arvanitis, “Energy optimization of wireless sensor networks for environmental measurements,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Measurement Systems and Applications (CIMSA '05), pp. 250–255, July 2005.
- K. P. Ferentinos and T. A. Tsiligiridis, “Adaptive design optimization of wireless sensor networks using genetic algorithms,” Computer Networks, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1031–1051, 2007.
- N. Ding and P. X. Liu, “Data gathering communication in wireless sensor networks using Ant Colony Optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 822–827, August 2004.
- W. B. Heinzelman, A. P. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “An application-specific protocol architecture for wireless microsensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 660–670, 2002.
- S. Lindsey and C. S. Raghavendra, “PEGASIS: power-efficient gathering in sensor information systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Conference, vol. 3, pp. 1125–1130, 2002.
- F. Ducatelle, G. D. Caro, and L. M. Gambardella, “Ant agents for hybrid multipath routing in mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Conference on Wireless On-Demand Network Systems and Services, pp. 44–53, January 2005.
- I. Slama, M. C. Ghedira, B. Jouaber, and H. Afifi, “Cluster based wireless sensor networks' optimization under energy constraints,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing, pp. 745–750, December 2007.
- C. E. Jones, K. M. Sivalingam, P. Agrawal, and J. C. Chen, “A survey of energy efficient network protocols for wireless networks,” Wireless Networks, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 343–358, 2001.
- W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “An energy-efficient MAC protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Infocom, pp. 1567–1576, New York, NY, USA, June 2002.
- J. Jia, J. Chen, G. Chang, J. Li, and Y. Jia, “Coverage optimization based on improved NSGA-II in wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Integration Technology (ICIT '07), pp. 614–618, March 2007.
- C. Zhao and P. Chen, “Particle swarm optimization for optimal deployment of relay nodes in hybrid sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '07), pp. 3316–3320, September 2007.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Proceeding of the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Siences, pp. 3005–3014, Maui, Hawaii, USA, January 2000.
- R. Dube, C. D. Rais, K-Y Wang, and S. K. Tripathi, “Signal stability-based adaptive routing (SSA) for Ad Hoc mobile networks,” Tech. Rep. CS-TR-3646, UMIACS-TR-96-34, August 1996.
- S. Singh, M. Woo, and C. S. Raghavendra, “Power-aware routing in mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 181–190, Dallas, Tex, USA, 1998.