- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 696345, 7 pages
Efficient Use of Variation in Evolutionary Optimization
Santa Fe Institute, 1399 Hyde Park Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87501, USA
Received 19 July 2009; Accepted 6 January 2010
Academic Editor: Chuan-Kang Ting
Copyright © 2010 John W. Pepper. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Mitchell, An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms, MIT Press, Cambridge, UK, 1996.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 1975.
- S. A. Frank, “George Price's contributions to evolutionary genetics,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 175, no. 3, pp. 373–388, 1995.
- G. R. Price, “Selection and covariance,” Nature, vol. 227, pp. 520–521, 1970.
- J. E. R. Baker, “Reducing bias and inefficiency in the selection algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Genetic Algorithms and Their Applications, J. J. Grefenstette, et al., Ed., pp. 14–21, Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, NJ, USA, 1987.
- W. Fontana and P. Schuster, “Continuity in evolution: on the nature of transitions,” Science, vol. 280, no. 5368, pp. 1451–1455, 1998.
- J. H. Holland, “Building blocks, cohort genetic algorithms, and hyperplane-defined functions,” Evolutionary Computation, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 373–391, 2000.
- J. W. Pepper, “The evolution of evolvability in genetic linkage patterns,” BioSystems, vol. 69, pp. 115–126, 2003.