- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 781598, 14 pages
Modeling and Evolutionary Optimization on Multilevel Production Scheduling: A Case Study
1School of Control & Computer Engineering, North China Electric Power University, Beijing 102206, China
2College of Engineering Science & Technology, Shanghai Ocean University, Shanghai 201306, China
3School of Economics & Management, Beihang University, Beijing 100083, China
Received 31 August 2009; Revised 27 February 2010; Accepted 16 April 2010
Academic Editor: Chuan-Kang Ting
Copyright © 2010 Ruifeng Shi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Biskup, “A state-of-the-art review on scheduling with learning effects,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 188, no. 2, pp. 315–329, 2008.
- N. Boysen, M. Fliedner, and A. Scholl, “Sequencing mixed-model assembly lines: survey, classification and model critique,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 192, no. 2, pp. 349–373, 2009.
- Y. Li, K. F. Man, K. S. Tang, S. Kwong, and W. H. Ip, “Genetic algorithm to production planning and scheduling problems for manufacturing systems,” Production Planning and Control, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 443–458, 2000.
- W. Shen, Q. Hao, H. J. Yoon, and D. H. Norrie, “Applications of agent-based systems in intelligent manufacturing: an updated review,” Advanced Engineering Informatics, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 415–431, 2006.
- Y. K. Kim, K. Park, and J. Ko, “A symbiotic evolutionary algorithm for the integration of process planning and job shop scheduling,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1151–1171, 2003.
- L. Li, J. Y. H. Fuh, Y. F. Zhang, and A. Y. C. Nee, “Application of genetic algorithm to computer-aided process planning in distributed manufacturing environments,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 568–578, 2005.
- F. Riane, A. Artiba, and S. Iassinovski, “An integrated production planning and scheduling system for hybrid flowshop organizations,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 74, no. 1–3, pp. 33–48, 2001.
- L. Tang, J. Liu, A. Rong, and Z. Yang, “A review of planning and scheduling systems and methods for integrated steel production,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 133, no. 1, pp. 1–20, 2001.
- N. Vandaele and L. De Boeck, “Advanced resource planning,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 19, no. 1-2, pp. 211–218, 2003.
- W. Xia and Z. Wu, “An effective hybrid optimization approach for multi-objective flexible job-shop scheduling problems,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 409–425, 2005.
- J. Deschamps and J. Bourrieres, “Multi-level data model for load allocation to distributed manufacturing resources,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, pp. 357–362, New York, NY, USA.
- M. Pinedo, Scheduling-Theory, Algorithms, and Systems, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 1995.
- D. E. Shobrys and D. C. White, “Planning, scheduling and control systems: why cannot they work together,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 149–160, 2002.
- C. Moon and M. Gen, “Genetic algorithm-based approach for design of independent manufacturing cells,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 60, pp. 421–426, 1999.
- A. Drexl and A. Kimms, “Lot sizing and scheduling—survey and extensions,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 99, no. 2, pp. 221–235, 1997.
- B. Karimi, S. M. T. Fatemi Ghomi, and J. M. Wilson, “The capacitated lot sizing problem: a review of models and algorithms,” Omega, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 365–378, 2003.
- M.-J. Yao and J.-X. Huang, “Solving the economic lot scheduling problem with deteriorating items using genetic algorithms,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 309–322, 2005.
- E. Alvarez, “Multi-plant production scheduling in SMEs,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 608–613, 2007.
- B. R. Sarker and C. V. Balan, “Operations planning for a multi-stage kanban system,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 284–303, 1999.
- Y.-N. Yang, H. R. Parsaei, and H. R. Leep, “Prototype of a feature-based multiple-alternative process planning system with scheduling verification,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 39, no. 1-2, pp. 109–124, 2001.
- T. P. Bagchi, Multiobjective Scheduling by Genetic Algorithms, Kluwer Academic, Boston, Mass, USA, 1999.
- M. Gen and R. Cheng, Genetic Algorithms and Engineering Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- T. Murata, Genetic algorithms for multi-objective optimization, Ph.D. thesis, Osaka Prefecture University, Osaka, Japan, 1997.