- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 135681, 8 pages
Classification of Physiology Indicators for the Automatic Detection of Potentially Hazardous Physiological States
1Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, Informatics and Telematics Institute, 57001 Thessaloniki, Greece
2FORENAP, Pharma, 68250 Rouffach, France
Received 25 May 2011; Revised 18 July 2011; Accepted 20 July 2011
Academic Editor: Farid Melgani
Copyright © 2011 I. G. Damousis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, “Results from the 2002 national survey on drug use and health: national findings,” 2003.
- M. Bernstein and J. Mahoney, “Management perspectives on alcoholism: the employer's stake in alcoholism treatment,” Occupational Medicine, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 223–232, 1989.
- US department of Labor—Occupational Safety & Health Administration, “Workplace substance abuse,” http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/substanceabuse/index.html/.
- US Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 1999 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Md: US, 2000.
- National Association of Treatment Providers, Treatment is the Answer: A White Paper on the Cost-Effectiveness of Alcoholism and Drug Dependency Treatment, National Association of Treatment Providers, Laguna Hills, Calif, USA, 1991.
- Wikipedia, “Drug test,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_test.
- “Drug testing in the workplace: summary conclusions of the Independent Inquiry into Drug Testing at Work,” 2004, http://www.jrf.org.uk/node/1183/.
- L. Smith, S. Folkard, and C. J. M. Poole, “Increased injuries on night shift,” The Lancet, vol. 344, no. 8930, pp. 1137–1139, 1994.
- J. A. Horne and L. A. Reyner, “Vehicle accidents related to sleep: a review,” Occupational and Environmental Medicine, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 289–294, 1999.
- C. J. Reissman, A Trucker's Guide to Sleep, Fatigue, and Rest in our 24-Hour Society, American Trucking Associations, Alexandria, Va, USA, 1996.
- M. M. Mitler, M. A. Carskadon, C. A. Czeisler, W. C. Dement, D. F. Dinges, and R. C. Graeber, “Catastrophes, sleep, and public policy: consensus report,” Sleep, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 100–109, 1988.
- I. G. Damousis, D. Tzovaras, and A. Bekiaris, “Unobtrusive multimodal biometric authentication: the HUMABIO project concept,” Eurasip Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 2008, Article ID 265767, 11 pages, 2008.
- E. Bekiaris and S. Nikolaou, “Advanced sensor technologies for industrial applications,” in Proceedings of the Sensation (SCI '04), Orlando, Fla, USA, July 2004.
- I. G. Damousis, I. Cester, S. Nikolaou, and D. Tzovaras, “Physiological indicators based sleep onset prediction for the avoidance of driving accidents,” in Proceedings of the 29th Annual International Conference of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, vol. 2007, pp. 6699–6704, Lyon, France, August 2007.
- I. G. Damousis and I. Cester, “Online EEG analysis and classification for the prediction of hypovigilance related driving accidents,” in Proceedings of the SENSATION 2nd International Conference, Monitoring sleep and sleepiness with new sensors within medical and industrial applications, Chania, Greece, 2007.
- R. C. Wu, C. T. Lin, S. F. Liang, and T. P. Jung, “Estimating driving performance based on EEG spectrum and fuzzy neural network,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 585–590, July 2004.
- T. P. Jung, S. Makeig, M. Stensmo, and T. J. Sejnowski, “Estimating alertness from the EEG power spectrum,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 60–69, 1997.
- C. J. C. Burges, “A tutorial on support vector machines for pattern recognition,” Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 121–167, 1998.
- N. Christianini and J. Shawe-Taylor, An Introduction to Support Vector Machines and Other Kernel-Based Learning Methods, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2000.
- T. Takagi and M. Sugeno, “Fuzzy identification of systems and its applications to modeling and control,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 116–132, 1985.
- I. G. Damousis and D. Tzovaras, “Fuzzy fusion of eyelid activity indicators for hypovigilance-related accident prediction,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 491–500, 2008.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- M. A. F. Figueiredo and A. K. Jain, “Unsupervised learning of finite mixture models,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 381–396, 2002.
- M. Timothy, Signal and Image Processing with Neural Networks, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1994.