- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 237561, 8 pages
Flexible-Segmentation-Jumping Strategy to Reduce User-Perceived Latency for Video on Demand
CAS, Key Laboratory of Network Communication System and Control, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), Hefei, Anhui 230027, China
Received 11 August 2010; Revised 7 November 2010; Accepted 9 February 2011
Academic Editor: Miin-Shen Yang
Copyright © 2011 Jun Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K.-L. Wu, P. S. Yu, and J. L. Wolf, “Segment based proxy caching of multimedia streams,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference World Wide Web (WWW '01), pp. 36–44, ACM, Hong Kong, 2001.
- S. Chen, B. O. Shen, S. Wee, and X. Zhang, “Adaptive and lazy segmentation based proxy caching for streaming media delivery,” in Proceedings of the 13th ACM International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV '03), pp. 22–31, Monterey, Calif, USA, June 2003.
- S. Chen, B. O. Shen, S. Wee, and X. Zhang, “Segment-based streaming media proxy: modeling and optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 243–256, 2006.
- S. Chen, B. Shen, S. Wee, and X. Zhang, “Investigating performance insights of segment-based proxy caching of streaming media strategies,” in Proceedings of ACM/SPIE Conference on Multimedia Computing and Networking, vol. 5305, pp. 148–165, San Jose, Calif, USA, January 2004.
- M. Hofmann, T. S. N. Eugene, K. Guo, S. Paul, and H. Zhang, “Caching techniques for streaming multimedia over the internet,” Tech. Rep. BL011345-990409-04TM, Bell Labs, Holmdel, NJ, USA, 1999.
- E. Bommaiah, K. Guo, M. Hofmann, and S. Paul, “Design and implementation of a caching system for streaming media over the internet,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Real-Time Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS '00), Washington, DC, USA, June 2000.
- Y. Wang, Z. L. I. Zhang, D. H. C. Du, and D. Su, “A Network-conscious approach to end-to-end video delivery over wide area networks using proxy servers,” in Proceedings of the 17th Annual IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '98), pp. 660–667, April 1998.
- J. Jung, D. Lee, and K. Chon, “Proactive web caching with cumulative prefetching for large multimedia data,” in Proceedings of the 9th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW '00), Amsterdam, The Netherland, May 2000.
- J. I. Khan and Q. Tao, “Partial prefetch for faster surfing in composite hypermedia,” in Proceedings of the 3rd USENIX Symposium on Internet Technologies and Systems, San Francisco, Calif, USA, March 2001.
- R. Rejaie, H. Yu, M. Handley, and D. Estrin, “Multimedia proxy caching mechanism for quality adaptive streaming applications in the internet,” in Proceedings of the 19th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '00), pp. 980–989, Tel-Aviv, Israel, March 2000.
- V. Tokekar, A. K. Ramani, and S. Tokekar, “Analysis of batching policy in view of user reneging in VOD system,” in Proceedings of the International Conference of IEEE India Council (INDICON '05), pp. 399–403, Chennai, India, December 2005.
- K. Sikdar and U. C. Gupta, “On the batch arrival batch service queue with finite buffer under server's vacation,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 2861–2873, 2008.
- S. Saha and A. S. Alfa, “Selecting batch size in discrete-time two-phase queuing system,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 47, no. 11-12, pp. 1246–1253, 2008.
- N. J. Sarhan and B. Qudah, “Efficient cost-based scheduling for scalable media streaming,” in Multimedia Computing and Networking, vol. 6504 of Proceedings of SPIE, San Jose, Calif, USA, January 2007, C5040.
- S. A. Azad and M. Manzur, “An efficient transmission scheme for minimizing user waiting time in video-on-demand systems,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 285–287, 2007.
- H. Ma and K. G. Shin, “Multicast video-on-demand services,” ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 31–43, 2002.
- Z. Xiang, Y. Z. Zhong, and S. Q. Yang, “PeriodPatch: an efficient stream schedule for video-on-demand,” in Internet Multimedia Management Systems, vol. 4210 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 341–347, Boston, Mass, USA, 2000.